Worst wedding presents ever....

I had several gifts like that - no name/card attached. And how can you ask someone - uh, did you get me this gift? when, maybe they didn't get you anything at all? or maybe, it even was part of another gift?

That's when you say "We so appreciate you sharing our special day with us and for all the kindness you have shown us throughout the years. We are very grateful for your friendship".

OK, here's one that I'm sure we can all relate to.....what is the worst wedding present you received? Mine would be a toss-up between the used and stained tablecloth his aunt gave us or the book on how to convert your spouse to your religion one of MY relatives gave us. C'mon....let's hear about yours!

While I've had my share of presents I didn't care for, none of my wedding presents were that way. I appreciated each and every one, and was amazed at some people's generosity. Getting married late in life, I expected people to expect we had a bunch of stuff already (we did, but not nice stuff), but people were extraordinarily generous to us. Some of my favorites: my bridal party gift to a spa (for pre-wedding use), my in-laws airline "points" that covered thousands of $ for our honeymoon use, the friends that volunteered to make all the food (we paid for the food), serve the food, decorate the reception, etc. We were blessed beyond measure. We had a low budget for our wedding/reception and our friends truly helped make it a wonderful day.

We got a card from "Drunk Uncle" that asked when the baby was due. We have been together for a decade and had a long engagement, so we figured it was an " it's about time" reference? It came with a nice check though, and of course, a large bottle of Grey Goose. So we still love him and make sure he has a ride home at family gatherings. :lmao:

I married the first time in he 70's. We were young, and lived a casual, hippyish type life style. . DH's sweet grandmother gave us a Lovely silver platter. I'm sure it would have been a great gift for someone else, but it really wasn't us. We used it to clean our pot on.

:rotfl2: my laugh for the day!

Nothing from one couple. They got really drunk at the reception so we still sort of think they either lost the card or forgot in their state of mind

One of DH's co workers gave us a few books on marriage and soliciting their religion.

You mentioned this on another thread and I just have to ask...by any chance was it a handmade family heirloom? We've got a couple of pieces like this that have made the rounds and the sentimental value is enormous.

Did the co-worker have a child in 1st-3rd grade? Maybe the kid wanted to send you a present, too. Kinda sweet, if you look at it that way.
:thumbsup2

My ex-husbands wealthy grandfather gave us a bible. He was nice enough to white-out (almost) that it was a gift to him!!

OK, here's one that I'm sure we can all relate to.....what is the worst wedding present you received? Mine would be a toss-up between the used and stained tablecloth his aunt gave us or the book on how to convert your spouse to your religion one of MY relatives gave us. C'mon....let's hear about yours!
A silver pickle jar. No way I am going to serve pickles from it. It has never been used. Just sitting in a closet

A cake topper.

We already had a cake topper, of course, sitting right on top of the cake at the reception.

And we also got some sort of candle display thingy that was clearly used.

You mentioned this on another thread and I just have to ask...by any chance was it a handmade family heirloom? We've got a couple of pieces like this that have made the rounds and the sentimental value is enormous.

No, I wish I could say it was a family heirloom, but I was later told by another family member that it was a deliberate "snub" directed at me.

My husband and I had two mutual friends who were married three months before our wedding. We gave them $100 as a wedding gift. Their wedding gift to us was $45. We found that kind of odd. LOL.

Not odd at all. That's how much they hadn't spent yet!

We didn't really get any weird gifts. And I think that getting your MIL as a morning gift HAS to take first prize.

My high school ex-boyfriend's mother gave me a framed poem about girlfriends...like girlfriends are like sisters or something like that. It had lipstick and shoes decorated all over the paper. The poem was weird, but the frame was ok.

:lmao:
I married the first time in he 70's. We were young, and lived a casual, hippyish type life style. . DH's sweet grandmother gave us a Lovely silver platter. I'm sure it would have been a great gift for someone else, but it really wasn't us. We used it to clean our pot on.

:lmao:

Ours wasn't necessarily a bad gift but the situation was weird. DH's Aunt and Uncle (Mil's Brother) sent us our gift through the mail, it came about 2-3 months after the wedding. Not that weird, you say?

They were AT the wedding. Drove from NC to Philly to be there. The whole weekend, Friday evening till Sunday morning.

They had the gift with them.

They (we found out afterwards) asked around (to DH's family) at the reception if anyone had wrapping paper/tape. No one did, who carries around wrapping paper and tape at (for most people there) an out of town wedding? (Except my aunt who probably had some in her trunk, but they apparently didn't ask her LOL)

Couldn't they have gone to the store? It's not like we got married in the boonies, there are TONS of stores in Bensalem, Pa, just outside of Philly, which is where the hotel was. There was a shopping center a couple blocks away from the church and reception hall, so there were options. :confused3

We just thought it was odd that instead of getting wrapping paper or a gift bag, they brought the gift back home with them then waited 3 months and then paid to ship it to us. Come to think of it, I still don't think it was actually wrapped, LOL

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::rotfl2:

I choked on my coke - diet coke ;)

My father's well off cousin gave us $5.

So fast forward 15 years, my mom calls and talks me into catering the cousin's daughter's 300 guest wedding buffet for free, in the name of we all help family.

Should have known better. It is a whole other story, but I have to say when the cousin's other two daughters got married we declined those invitations.

We have an awful gift that has been making it's way through my family for the last 20 years.

My oldest cousin received this set of a cookie jar/salt and pepper shakers that are shaped like cats. Perhaps it wouldn't be bad if you were a cat lover, but the things are just hideous (think dollar store quality paint job). A few years later when her sister got married she gave it to her as a shower gift and labeled the box "The Ugly Cat"

I believe it has now been re-gifted to 11 cousins. Each time the giver writes a message on the box for the new recipient, so now the box is covered with notes. The joke is always how long you will have to keep it and who will wind up with it last. My one cousin married just two weeks before I did, so she made out pretty well. I had the thing in my attic for a few years. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter