World of Color Superthread

Whats the given reopen date of World of Color? Im planning a Disneyland trip of the last week of Nov and wondering if itll be open by then.
No date yet. Some reports say ‘late 2018’ and some say not till 2019. No one seems to know. We’ll be there the same week as you and I’m not feeling too confident that it’ll be running yet.

Whats the given reopen date of World of Color? Im planning a Disneyland trip of the last week of Nov and wondering if itll be open by then.
Since Disneyland has announced the holiday entertainment offerings & WoC isn’t referred to at all it seems as though it won’t be coming back until some time after the winter holidays. Unless Disney is scrambling to surprise & delight all of their winter guests but that sounds more like wishful thinking than likely to actually happen.

I'm keeping all my fingers crossed that it might reopen again by Thanksgiving - I've only see WoC once a few years ago and really wanted to see it again this trip!

If not then I really hope there'll be another night show as good (Paint the Night seems to be the alternative running now?)... Theres's just something about ending a Disney visit with a night show!

I've never seen this show, so I'm a little confused. Do you pay to hold your reservation for the dessert party? What if you want to cancel? Do they refund you?

I've never seen this show, so I'm a little confused. Do you pay to hold your reservation for the dessert party? What if you want to cancel? Do they refund you?

Yes you pay ahead because there isn’t a payment system in place where they set up the tables for the show. I would assume if you cancel within the allowed time frame you are refunded.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK You!!! I just grabbed Dessert Party reservations for our trip in 3 weeks! I am so excited! I never even considered the possibility of WOC being back by our trip and I never dreamed I’d be able to get reservations for the dessert party! I just figured those reservations were going to be impossible to get!

You pay in full at the time you make your reservation, but if you cancel ahead of time, you will get a full refund. (Not sure what happens if you cancel last minute.) There are only about 100 seats for the Dessert Party, so they need to know exactly how many seats are sold and how many are left for last minute reservations.

Darn! Just a few days too late for our upcoming visit! Maybe they’ll at least run the show a few days earlier than that...I will keep watching for some earlier dates to appear.

Current status:
giphy.gif

WHich is the best package to do?
I would personally vote the dessert party. You get a great view of the show plus a guaranteed seat. And you don’t really have to deal with the crowds.

I have done the dining package and felt it wasn’t worth it for several reasons. It is not seated and everyone is standing in the viewing area (no seating, unless VIP or disabled) and there can be crowding. Crowding can lead to obstructed views (maybe this might only apply for the shorter humans, I’m 5”4 and felt the obstruction). However the only advantage of the dining package was that we were closer to the show than the FP viewers.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!