World of Color Superthread

It looks like it's only available for 9:30. Does anyone know if this is usually the case? I thought before it was shown a few times every evening and assumed they would have a desert party for every showing. Not sure if my 5 y/o grandsons can make it that late.
They started with dessert party at both showings but pretty quickly cut it back to first WOC show only. Fwiw they only do a 2nd show on busy nights. The CM that booked me said call back a week before to confirm when to show as showtimes may change.

I'm a picky adult, and I can't imagine paying 80 bucks for myself! Never booked a dining package before, but I also decided go with the Carthay Circle lunch for me and by first-timer SO. I personally am happy to wait 90mins for the railing, so the benefit is getting a better front & center view with slightly fewer people crowding around us.

I'm just so happy my SO will get to see WoC since we thought both nighttime shows would be down! What wonderful news to see on DIS 3 weeks out from our trip.
I think it’s great Disney has a couple different options here. I can’t imagine ever paying for a WOC meal package again as even a FP for WOC was not enjoyable to me. But I love the dessert party- even though I barely eat the very sad food. Turns out what’s important to me is getting a break from the crowds which I’m able to do at the party!

I booked the WOC Dessert Party for Feb. 27. The dessert party starts at 7:30 pm. So when does the show start with an 8 pm park close?

Thanks! My mistake! I realized later that after tax and gratituity, the total came to $315 for 4, which worked out to $79 each.
When you break it down in the price detail it shows the dessert tray at $62 with the rest as gratuity and taxes to bring it up to $79.

I just booked the dessert party for our trip in March! Are all the seats good for the dessert party or do we need to line up early for better seats? I’ve got two little ones and I’m pretty short and don’t want to get stuck behind a tall person. Thank you in advance.

...If you cancel within 24 hours or no show for it, you pay full freight. No refund.
Usually, yes. But, as with many things Disney, YMMV. Depending on circumstances and which CM you speak with, you may get a refund or a raincheck. It all depends. So if an emergency happens within 24 hours of your Dessert Party date, it can't hurt to call to see what can be done about moving your reservation or trying to get a refund.

Last edited:
Could I ask a small favour? Anybody who has booked the Dessert Party - would you mind reviewing it, maybe with a couple photos? I've read the online reviews but they are all from before it went down, so I'd love to read a more recent one!

We are headed to DL in late September for my 50th birthday and our 25th anniversary (plus a drive up the coast to San Francisco for the rest of the trip). We know we want to do Blue Bayou as our one dinner reservation while at DL, and I'm toying with the dessert party as a birthday treat. But for the $80 (and the exchange because we are in Canada) I'd love to know if it is worth it!

We’ve done it before. “Worth it” is very subjective. I did it with my 2 daughters, they were probably 9 & 7 then. All 3 of us loved it. I like the WOC show BUT I hate the standing, waiting and fighting for positions that is part of saving a spot to watch. You are not getting $80 worth of food IMO. It’s about not standing in line and having a relaxing experience while watching the show. I’m very excited to do it again!

I just tried to book the dessert party for our 3/17-3/22 trip and was told no reservations are found to book...yet someone posted that they were able to make reservations for April. I called Disney dining. Is there another way to book this that might be able to see March. The CM I spoke to said they have been given no info on times, etc and were only told that WoC would begin again on 2/23. She thought maybe March would open later, but if someone already booked for April, I’d like to know how.

I just tried to book the dessert party for our 3/17-3/22 trip and was told no reservations are found to book...yet someone posted that they were able to make reservations for April. I called Disney dining. Is there another way to book this that might be able to see March. The CM I spoke to said they have been given no info on times, etc and were only told that WoC would begin again on 2/23. She thought maybe March would open later, but if someone already booked for April, I’d like to know how.
It’s possible your dates have sold out.

It's available to book online up to April 11. Just go to the Disney site, go to dining reservations then scroll down to WOC desert party.

I wonder why the entertainment schedules haven't been updated. I am going in March and WOC is not showing. Which is not surprising since I know they tend to get more specific closer, but what is surprising is it hasn't updated the entertainment schedule for 2 weeks from now when WOC reservations have been made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter