World of Color Superthread

I would personally vote the dessert party. You get a great view of the show plus a guaranteed seat. And you don’t really have to deal with the crowds.

I have done the dining package and felt it wasn’t worth it for several reasons. It is not seated and everyone is standing in the viewing area (no seating, unless VIP or disabled) and there can be crowding. Crowding can lead to unobstructed views (maybe this might only apply for the shorter humans, I’m 5”4 and felt the obstruction). However the only advantage to the dining package was that we were closer to the show than the FP viewers.

I booked the dessert! Figured with a 6,3, and 8 month old it will just be easier.

This is great news for everyone. We won't get to see it our upcoming trip as our last day in the parks will be the 17th. Do you think there is any possibility though it will open earlier than what they've opened for dining reservations? I guess anything is possible but won't be holding any breath!

Called Disney Dining to book the dessert party as I wanted to pay with a Disney gift card. At first she put me on hold a couple times, then came back on to say she knew it had been released today but they couldn’t access it yet and then she said “let me try one more thing... there it is!” Was her first WOC booking in like a year she said so be patient with the CMs if you have to call to book. She got us booked with our gift card, SO EXCITED!

I am so excited! Just annoying to pay for the 3year old that will pick and play with the food more than anything. But sometimes convience is the key and we won’t be back for at least 3 years.
It is possible to make some adjustments to the dessert plate. Will your 3 yo eat fruit? When we took my parents, many of the desserts were off limits for my dad's diet, but I was able to request a fruit only plate for him. It was nicely plated, and we asked for a container to take the uneaten fruit back to the hotel room for later. You can also bring in snacks/desserts for the 3 yo and just ask for a box for the untouched dessert plate -- then everyone else can feast later.

It is possible to make some adjustments to the dessert plate. Will your 3 yo eat fruit? When we took my parents, many of the desserts were off limits for my dad's diet, but I was able to request a fruit only plate for him. It was nicely plated, and we asked for a container to take the uneaten fruit back to the hotel room for later. You can also bring in snacks/desserts for the 3 yo and just ask for a box for the untouched dessert plate -- then everyone else can feast later.

You never know what he will eat! He would eat desser over most fruit , he likes apples lol.

I like the box idea , may do that since we will have a fridge anyway.

I booked the lunch at Carthay Circle because the other restaurant wasn’t showing any availability...I’m going to keep checking though

Do all the dining packages go in the same section? We don’t want to get there early to get a regular fast pass spot, and we have to eat lunch anyways so I think it’s worth it for us? I read an article saying it’s not worth it.....thoughts?

I can’t pay 80 USD for my 3 year old to eat some desserts....I just can’t. Is the lunch a good compromise? Overall cost isn’t a huge factor (for the lunches - the desert party is more than I want to spend for 4 people!)

I booked the lunch at Carthay Circle because the other restaurant wasn’t showing any availability...I’m going to keep checking though

Do all the dining packages go in the same section? We don’t want to get there early to get a regular fast pass spot, and we have to eat lunch anyways so I think it’s worth it for us? I read an article saying it’s not worth it.....thoughts?

I can’t pay 80 USD for my 3 year old to eat some desserts....I just can’t. Is the lunch a good compromise? Overall cost isn’t a huge factor (for the lunches - the desert party is more than I want to spend for 4 people!)

I am paying the 80 for my 3 year old mainly because We would all prefer to have a seat vs being jammed packed into standing room only with my 6 year old complaining she can't see..LOL, heck the only two times I ahve seen the show I could barely see and it was so stressful with so many people crowding in and pushing in.

Thanks for the great news! I just booked for my second DCA day, but will try for a FP on our first day there and see how it goes. If I am happy with the FP, I will cancel the dining package 48 hours in advance.

I noticed the price was about $62 rather than $79! I guess there’s a special for some reason?!

It’s the same price. It was 79 including tax and gratuity.

Also, someone asked about canceling last minute, you can get a refund up until the day before your reservation. Then it’s non refundable. Hope that helps.

I just booked my dessert package for hubby and me (he has only seen WoC once.... when it first opened!). Can not wait!

BTW, the reservations site is up and down (getting hammered I would guess). I ended up bringing up two different programs to flip between before getting through (lots of ‘someone ate the page’).

It looks like it's only available for 9:30. Does anyone know if this is usually the case? I thought before it was shown a few times every evening and assumed they would have a desert party for every showing. Not sure if my 5 y/o grandsons can make it that late.

I can’t pay 80 USD for my 3 year old to eat some desserts....I just can’t.
I'm a picky adult, and I can't imagine paying 80 bucks for myself! Never booked a dining package before, but I also decided go with the Carthay Circle lunch for me and by first-timer SO. I personally am happy to wait 90mins for the railing, so the benefit is getting a better front & center view with slightly fewer people crowding around us.

I'm just so happy my SO will get to see WoC since we thought both nighttime shows would be down! What wonderful news to see on DIS 3 weeks out from our trip.

You pay in full at the time you make your reservation, but if you cancel ahead of time, you will get a full refund. (Not sure what happens if you cancel last minute.) There are only about 100 seats for the Dessert Party, so they need to know exactly how many seats are sold and how many are left for last minute reservations.
I just made reservations for Feb 23rd. The fine print said that up until 24 hours before the show, guests may cancel Dessert Party Reservations without penalty.If you cancel within 24 hours or no show for it, you pay full freight. No refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter