World of color dessert party?!

Has anyone done the dessert party and sat at a low table? I'd like to hear how the view from a low table is just in case that's where were seated...

I was a regular for the F! Dessert Seating and LOVED that...I do not even really like the Celebrate WOC and have seen it several times but did the WOC Dessert Party. Well worth it IMO and much better experience than event the F! Dessert Seating experience.

"Worth it"...too subjective to answer, but if you liked the F! experience, I think you will very much like the WOC option. Either way, I look at both as you are paying for an actual seat without fighting crowds and get the bonus of desserts and drinks!
We loved F! Dessert Party, so sad when they stopped doing it. If this is comparable I'd totally do it!

When we were there 3rd week of August seats were not pre-assigned, for groups of 4, anyway. Or if they were pre-assigned, they could be changed -- we were told because we were there early we pretty much had our choice of seats.

But you could still arrive at whatever time they told you to arrive and get a seat; you don't have to be earlier than that unless you want to try to get a specific seat.

We were at the Dessert Party this past Saturday. We were in a low table, front row. No issues with the view at all. The 'high tables" have those foldable "directors" chairs and low have metal chairs. We arrived about 8:45 for a 9:00 check in time (9:45 show) and had about a dozen people ahead of us on line. They came down the line to check us in (we were 4 and had our own table) and gave us a choice of low or high table and showed us the location on the iPad. They seated promptly at 9:00. The show was fantastic and the view was great as well. We found it worth every penny to have a seat after being in the park all day. Oh, the desserts were great too;)

How is the view from the "worst table"? We really don't want to waste time lining up early. :)

I didn't think it looked like there was a bad table. At first I thought we were so lucky because we had the best view but then I went to the other table in our party and their view was just as good. I think the view looked the same from each table.
We had tables in back of short tables and they were not in our way at all. I thought I would prefer the tall tables but honestly either would have been fine.

How many are in your party. Depending on how many of you there are your table may be pre-assigned. When we went we were a party of 9 and our table was already set up, they were the only two tables next to each other that had 5/4 chairs at them. There was another table by and a party of 3 that seemed to also be preassigned. Looks like maybe parties of 2 and 4 may have a little less or no preassigning. When we got to the stand where the I pad was, they looked at the chart and said "there's my party of 9" it was already marked on the chart and they lead us to the tables. My kids asked if I was the first to reserve because they thought that was how the seats were assigned and they also thought we got the best ones. I truly think they would have thought that no matter where we were seated.

One thought, our waitress was wonderful and ran her little fanny off. My husband wanted me to tip her extra, which I didn't think she would take, but I handed her $40.00 (there wer 9 of us) and she did take it. I don't think it was expected or required, but she did accept it.

Last edited:
I didn't think it looked like there was a bad table. At first I thought we were so lucky because we had the best view but then I went to the other table in our party and their view was just as good. I think the view looked the same from each table.
We had tables in back of short tables and they were not in our way at all. I thought I would prefer the tall tables but honestly either would have been fine.

How many are in your party. Depending on how many of you there are your table may be pre-assigned. When we went we were a party of 9 and our table was already set up, they were the only two tables next to each other that had 5/4 at the. There was another table by and a party of 3 that seemed to also be preassigned. Looks like maybe parties of 2 and 4 may have a little preassigning.
Thanks. We are a party of 4- 1 short adult, 2 shortish teens and a short pre-teen.

You'll be fine I think. I feel your pain while I'm the giant of the girls at 5'4", my mother and daughter measure in at at whopping 4'9 and 4'10 respectively which is why we loved the seating so much, first time we were able to see the show.

We went a few weeks ago as a party of 2. We got there about 5 minutes before the time it said to and we were pretty much the last ones there, I think there were 3 small groups behind us. They didn't check anyone in ahead of time that we saw. When we got to the seating area, they asked us which table we wanted to sit at. We chose one of the short ones because I'm not a small person and was weary of the director chairs. The view was fine, I did have people in front of me, but they were quite a way away and were really only blocking the water surface. We ended up with a chinese couple sitting with us who didn't speak english (or at least pretended not to). Very quiet table... The front short tables were very close together. The blue vodka drink was delicious and so were all the deserts! Use a flash to take pictures of them, some of them you couldn't really tell what they looked like in the dark. What I thought was chocolate was actually purple!

So we attended a party last week, and I think I'll have to go against the majority and say, it wasn't worth the price. However, we seem to have had some bad luck so my review should be taken with a grain of salt.

When we got to the seating area we were given the choice of high top or low top, but not the choice of a specific table. I requested high top, and this was my mistake. We were seated at a high top behind another high top, which was full of tall people. I recognize that this was pretty much just bad luck with the table assignment, but in my opinion for the price they're charging there shouldn't be tables of the same height behind each other. I can't figure out why they don't just switch those few front row tables out for short ones. So we had four heads in the way rather than dozens, so it is an improvement over being in the middle of the crowd, but just not that much of an improvement - the center projections were blocked, but we could still see the high water jets and the sides well. Being in the chair prevents you from shifting from side to side to see around people. I might have requested a different table, but since we haven't seen the show for two years, we weren't entirely sure where it would be centered and didn't realize what an issue it was until the show started. Two years ago (on a comparable day of the year), we did a dinner package. For about the same amount of waiting as we spent in line for the dessert party, we had front row center spots and the view was amazing.

So that was one bit of bad luck, and the other bad luck we had was that our waiter was in training (we were somewhat near the waiters' area so we heard him being trained). Two of the four people at our table got the wrong drink orders, and the waiter didn't come back so it could be corrected (one of the other waiters was encouraging him to go back around, offer to take pictures, and make sure everyone's good, but he insisted we were all fine and didn't want pictures). And those of us who ordered the blue mixed drink, I believe were given the non-alcoholic version. It was very sweet and none of us tasted any alcohol. Those were supposed to be alcoholic, right? The food was good, but the view and service is really what you're paying for.

So, hopefully this represents a worst-case-scenario and most of you will have better luck! I do think the experience had value - the seats were nice and the view was better than what you would get if you arrived late and ventured into the crowd. But I just don't think it was enough for the price. If you're considering booking the package, keep in mind that you stand a pretty good chance of having a better table than we did. I want to say there were only about three tables stuck behind other high tables. I think the view from a short table would have been fine, and in retrospect I would have picked that to avoid the possibility of getting the table we got.

Have any of you taken a 1and 1/2 year old to the dessert party? This will be way past his bed time and I was worried about the noise level from the fireworks. This is a first trip (WDW vets) for DL with 3 adults, was thinking that maybe 2 should go on Dec 5 and the other go on Dec 6, but just checked and there are no seating's on Dec 6. So not sure if they don't have the party on Weds or is it sold out? Help?

Have any of you taken a 1and 1/2 year old to the dessert party? This will be way past his bed time and I was worried about the noise level from the fireworks. This is a first trip (WDW vets) for DL with 3 adults, was thinking that maybe 2 should go on Dec 5 and the other go on Dec 6, but just checked and there are no seating's on Dec 6. So not sure if they don't have the party on Weds or is it sold out? Help?

I just went to the dessert party on Sept. 30 with my almost 2 year old and she had no issues with the noise level. It was also past her bedtime. I was pleasantly surprised that they gave her her own plate of dessert and glow with the show cup, even though we didn't pay for her. I would recommend not choosing a front row table with the short chairs. Even with her sitting on my lap, I'm pretty sure she couldn't see anything. We were unlucky, though, and were sitting directly behind a very tall dad with his child on his shoulders.

My 16 year-old has noise sensitivity issues -- she hates loud fireworks -- but she had no problems with the noise at the Dessert Party. It's been a while since she was 1-1/2 but for what it's worth.

My 16 year-old has noise sensitivity issues -- she hates loud fireworks -- but she had no problems with the noise at the Dessert Party. It's been a while since she was 1-1/2 but for what it's worth.

Thanks for that info. I also have a noise sensitive teen who hates loud fireworks. It sounds like this is a good way for a sensory sensitive kid to relax and enjoy the show.

We did the party last night and loved it!
We lined up around 7 (815 world of color, 730 reservation time). We were the 4th party in line. We knew we'd be seated with another group of two so we made friends with the couple in front of us and decided to sit with them.
We had all heard that a high table in the front would be ideal so that's what we were hoping for!
They started checking us in around 725, gave us a wrist band and sent us down to be seated.
When we got to the seating lady, she basically let us pick a table. We went for a high top in the front row all the way to the side of the area so we were basically center stage for the show. I don't think there was a better table in the place!

Our waitress was great and brought our bread and desserts out quickly and then came back for our drink order. She said each adult could have two alcoholic beverages and unlimited of anything else. We all tried the wonderful cooler and thought it was good, not amazing. The other couple at the table then tried the sparkling wine and weren't fans. I switched to hot cocoa.

The food was great, but I like that kind of stuff.

They did come around and offer to take pictures of us so that was nice.

Our waitress came back right before the show and asked if we needed another drink or anything else.

The show was great, of course.

After the show, our waitress came around with to go boxes which we definitely needed! So much food! She also offered hot cocoa in a to go cup which I gladly accepted as it was freezing!

They made no attempts to rush us out and even offered to take pictures now that the crowds had gone.

Overall it was a great experience and I'd definitely do it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter