World of color dessert party?!

So the plate is brought to you. Can you request Gluten Free Options?

Any gluten free vegans out there who've done the WOC dessert party? Or anyone know if they'll accommodate this diet? I'm hoping it's more than just a plate of fruit.

My DD is 11, so an adult in Disney's eyes. What are the chances she will still get the light up cup? I know she would love it!

My DD is 11, so an adult in Disney's eyes. What are the chances she will still get the light up cup? I know she would love it!
It's been quite a while since we went at this point (Apr 2016), but my DD was 10 at the time and got it. She most definitely looked older than 10 too, as she was about 5'6" at the time! I believe it was everyone 12 and under. They didn't go by the "Disney adult" thing for this.

Do you need to bring anything to check in? Or do you just provide the name on your reservation?

We are a gluten free family due to severe intolerance and yes they do a great job with GF. We've done the WOC dessert party 4 times and have a 5th planned in April. They have fruit, cheese and a few sweets such as chocolate mousse. We had to ask for the macaroons as the "are produced in a shared non-GF facility". They are our son's favorite and he's not had a problem in the past with them.

I should recall the desserts; however I see them and the drinks as an afterthought. The seat, the view and the chance to end our evening in a relaxed manner are the real reasons for the WOC DP loyalty. We note GF on the reservation and a few days before the event we get a call to check on us and confirm the number of GF plates.

Have a great time.
Mike

Did anyone do this on New Years eve? I can't decide which park to be in at midnight.

Did anyone do this on New Years eve? I can't decide which park to be in at midnight.

No dessert seating for the NYE Midnight Show (there was not even a WOC showing at midnight this past NYE, just the countdown show)...but there is for the regularly scheduled WOC on NYE earlier in the night. Making advance reservations for EVERYTHING you can is the key to a successful NYE trip. Even counter service at DL is a zoo.

We have done DCA the past now 4 years and always had a blast. Crowds are no worse than a busy weekend cuz everyone wants to be in DL for some reason, this past year with the rain late afternoon it was awesome.

The DCA show is much more rockin and DL is much more traditional Disney...take a look at youtube and you can see the difference between DL and DCA shows and that may help your decision.

Does this dessert seating sell out quickly? I hesitate to buy tickets that are non-refundable too far in advance, but also don't want to miss out. We are at 50 days until our trip. Anyone have any experience with last minute luck or waiting too long and being out of luck for this opportunity?

Does this dessert seating sell out quickly? I hesitate to buy tickets that are non-refundable too far in advance, but also don't want to miss out. We are at 50 days until our trip. Anyone have any experience with last minute luck or waiting too long and being out of luck for this opportunity?
You can cancel and get a refund. I cannot remember the timeframe, but it is probably 24 or 48 hours in advance. I was hesitant to book ahead, too, not knowing what the weather would be like. I just watched the forecast when it was a couple days prior. We did have a chance of rain, and we had a very light rain for a few minutes, but it was tolerable.

I had several times when I wanted to book and it was sold out. In my case, it was on weekends and I was only checking a couple weeks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter