Wording Suggestions

BecBennett

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
Hello,
Our engagement party is coming up on the 21st of Feb :goodvibes

We included the below poem in our invite

What we want
On our engagement day
Is for you to come
And party and play.

However, if you insist
On bringing a gift
To save you looking,
shopping and buying,

Here is an idea
we hope you'll like trying!
Come to our party
to wish us both well,
And make some use
of our little wishing well.

Now that we have saved you
all of the fuss,
We hope that you will come
And celebrate with us!

I didn't really want anything like this in the invite, but it was suggested by the FMIL to ensure that people don't take it upon themselves to buy us a dozen toasters, plus we've been living together for 6 years, so we don't really need anything...

Any hoo, now to the croix of the question.

If people do give us money, what is the best way to phrase the thankyou card? I'd like it to be personal and say thanks for what they gave us, but I don't know if saying "Thanks for your gift of $50" sounds... well rude?

Any suggestions on what we could write would be greatly appreciated!

When I wrote my thank you cards out I would say thank you for the gift, generous gift and then I would say something like that gift will go towards something or this will help us out in some way, the gift is great we can use it towards our honeymoon... something like that so it sounds more personable.

I read this in plenty of magazines. That way it sound better than thank you for the $50.

I agree, we used "generous gift". in ours ..and then mentioned something personal about it...that will sound fine! I think the key to a great thank-you is just making sure they feel appreciated for their gift/taking the time to be there/especially mention if they traveled far.

I like "Thank you for your generous donation to our wedding/honeymoon" etc, something to that effect. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter