wondering??

RG86VET

Earning My Ears
can someone tell me what the buildings are beside pop centry?
looks like whatever it is. might be unfinished:confused3

ive never been in that area, so i havent seen them. but could they be the new animal kingdon dvc? or is that not close enough?

can someone tell me what the buildings are beside pop centry?
looks like whatever it is. might be unfinished:confused3

I saw those last year (2007) when I was there. I just assumed they were adding buildings to Pop. could be another resort hotel????

I saw those last year (2007) when I was there. I just assumed they were adding buildings to Pop. could be another resort hotel????

I remember hearing something a while ago, and just confirmed by looking on google that they were supposed to be another section of Pop called the Legendary Years-20's, 30's and 40's. If you look there is a video someone took of them on You Tube. I don't know why Disney does not finish them before building all of the new DVC buildings?

I remember hearing something a while ago, and just confirmed by looking on google that they were supposed to be another section of Pop called the Legendary Years-20's, 30's and 40's. If you look there is a video someone took of them on You Tube. I don't know why Disney does not finish them before building all of the new DVC buildings?

Yes, they are the Legendary Years. If you google info you can see the pictures. Originally they were supposed to be connected to the other section of Pop by the lake/bridge...they stopped construction (I believe after 9/11) and never restarted. Rumors run rampant, but no one seems to know for sure why or if they will ever be completed.

I think it's a shame really. The whole concept of Pop with both sections was great...and it's sad to look across the lake and see those buildings left to the elements...:confused3

I knew all about it but seeing that video is both creepy and sad. What a waste. I had heard it was too far gone to be complete, but I don't know, I think maybe it could be (not that I know anything about construction). I had pictured it differently in my head. I was picturing bare bones, not walls and door and stuff. I have not stayed at POP but would like to in the future. I would think seeing that near by might ruin the experience. Again, I may be wrong, it just seems that way after seeing that video.

I knew all about it but seeing that video is both creepy and sad. What a waste. I had heard it was too far gone to be complete, but I don't know, I think maybe it could be (not that I know anything about construction). I had pictured it differently in my head. I was picturing bare bones, not walls and door and stuff. I have not stayed at POP but would like to in the future. I would think seeing that near by might ruin the experience. Again, I may be wrong, it just seems that way after seeing that video.

It's really neat to see the buildings. You can go across the bridge and get about halfway to them. I got some great pictures. A little eerie, but very cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter