'Wonder'ing to Alaska 9-night Cruise 7/24/17

We did a B2B on our last Alaska cruise. Did the 7 night and then stayed on for the 5 night San Diego repo. While the Alaskan trip was amazing, I was disappointed with the 5 night. It was a totally different experience; much more of a party crowd, rude behavior, people smoking on the verandahs and someone even stole our fish extender :sad1:.

We are sailing too!! It will be me, DH, DS (9 at time of sailing), DD (7 at time of sailing) and DD (5 at time of sailing). We are so excited, but also trying to stomach the cost of it, in a deluxe oceanview with verandah!!! At least we got our OBB discount! This will be our 4th DCL Cruise. We have done 2 4 nights on the Dream, and 1 7 night on the Fantasy. We live in Atlanta, and plan to fly into Vancouver 2-3 nights before and explore Vancouver a little! So any suggestions for what to do in Vancouver would be great!

We are sailing too!! It will be me, DH, DS (9 at time of sailing), DD (7 at time of sailing) and DD (5 at time of sailing). We are so excited, but also trying to stomach the cost of it, in a deluxe oceanview with verandah!!! At least we got our OBB discount! This will be our 4th DCL Cruise. We have done 2 4 nights on the Dream, and 1 7 night on the Fantasy. We live in Atlanta, and plan to fly into Vancouver 2-3 nights before and explore Vancouver a little! So any suggestions for what to do in Vancouver would be great!
:welcome:

You and your kids will love Alaska. In Vancouver, you will definitely have to check out Stanley Park and the aquarium, Grouse Mountain and the Capilano Suspension Bridge. They are all must dos for kids.

Thanks disneyfaninaz! My husband is deathly afraid of bridges, so I will have to try to get him on that suspension bridge, haha!

Thanks disneyfaninaz! My husband is deathly afraid of bridges, so I will have to try to get him on that suspension bridge, haha!
They say.... 1 in 20 are unable to cross the bridge. fyi... this is what he will be missing at the 8th Wonder of the World.

Come back in December and try the crossing in the Dark! The bridge becomes bottomless!

Hi! We're excited to be on this cruise. It will be me, DH, DS (17 then) and DS (10 then). This will be our family's fourth DCL cruise, my second Alaska cruise (I went as a kid, back before the dawn of time, so, not DCL), and the first visit to Alaska for the rest of the family.

They say.... 1 in 20 are unable to cross the bridge. fyi... this is what he will be missing at the 8th Wonder of the World.

Come back in December and try the crossing in the Dark! The bridge becomes bottomless!

Eek! Thanks for sharing! I would be the 1! I don't like bouncy bridges. (or glass floors... Those freak me out for some reason!)

Thanks for that. I now know exactly what I'll be doing the day before we board.

Hi! This is my first cruise, first time to AK, first time on the DISBOARD!! So please excuse my total newbie-ness ☺️
It's going to be me, DH, DD (9), DD (7), and my parents!! I'm going to be obsessively following this board until we get off the ship! LOL!

HA! It turns out my friend talked me into signing up for the 12/3/16 cruise to the Caribbean on the Magic - so when we finally set sail this will now be our second time cruising. We haven't even hoisted anchor yet and we are already on the manifest for two cruises! So yes, I can see already that it is very addicting ;)

We just booked this cruise. This will be our 5th Disney cruise (7 night western Caribbean, 7 night Alaska, and 2 B2B western Caribbean.) We went Alaska in 2014. Will fly into Vancouver a couple of days early again. I love the city. We did the Aquarium and Suspension bridge last time, and a few other things. It will be me, a friend and DS (age 7 at the time.) Last time we stayed at the Pan Pacific, which was wonderful, but we may opt for something different this time to save some money.

If anyone runs across any deals for the popular hotels like Pan Pacific please share with us here! I've heard of ppl getting deals a long time out.

Hello
We are joining this cruise too! Besides myself is DH and DD and Beamer DD service dog. It will be her college grad present. Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group yet? Our last cruise had one and a lot of us are still talking on it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter