'Wonder'ing to Alaska 9-night Cruise 7/24/17

You're definitely right on the NSSP; In fact, oceanview staterooms on decks 1 and 2 are usually less expensive than the NSSPHs on deck 5.

Someone might prefer deck 5 and want to pay 1,000 less than the OVs Next door:D

Anyway, I really hate giving this cruise up but really hope all of you have a safe and wonderful trip to Alaska!:cool1:
Excellent point. I hope your kitchen remodel goes well. It'll be worth it!:flower:

The airline booking window is finally open, so now I feel like it's crunch time to get the best prices. What's the best way to get from Seattle to Vancouver? My first instinct is to take Amtrak (LOVE trains). I like that I can check baggage that way (I'll be toting my FE stuff). Also would love some hotel recommendations. The Pan is a tad over my price range.

The airline booking window is finally open, so now I feel like it's crunch time to get the best prices. What's the best way to get from Seattle to Vancouver? My first instinct is to take Amtrak (LOVE trains). I like that I can check baggage that way (I'll be toting my FE stuff). Also would love some hotel recommendations. The Pan is a tad over my price range.

I have decided to book Delta Suites, now part of Marriott chain (Pan is also beyond my budget!). I am waiting on Southwest to release their fares into Seattle. I am hoping to take the train at least one way.

I'm not sure if everyone here is aware of a Facebook group that has been started. We have been talking about Alaska, Disney Cruises, fish extenders, etc.. I happened to stumble across it through the Disney Cruise Line Junkies group.

Yes, if there's a DISboards Fish Extender group set up, it would start here. Other sites may also have FE groups, but they are not DISboards connected.

It's a little early to start setting up a group just yet. Typically 6-8 months out is a good time to get things going. Before that, unfortunately, you'll find people who, when flush with the "I've just booked a Disney cruise" excitement, will say "I want to participate" and then you never hear from them again. This could be because of changing circumstances or change of heart and they cancel the cruise. Or they figure out there's a little more involved with it than they thought. Then you're left with a FE list full of holes (people no longer around, and un-contactable).

Until then, you can use this thread to discuss all the other things involved with taking your cruise.
There is an FE group that has been started through a Facebook group that I am a part of. There are currently 110 members.

Hi everyone! Looking forward to this cruise! It will be me, hubby, son 20 and daughter 15. Still can't believe they're that old....we did Alaska on Carnival but it will be our kids first time.

Hi everyone! We just booked. This will be our first cruise. It will be me, hubby, and our kids who will be 6 and 3 at the time of travel. We are very excited. Hoping to join a Fish Extender group too. :)

Yikes - the last time I mentioned FB, I had my message removed and was given a very stern warning never to do it again. Are we all cool will the blue thumbs-up? Seems like this place has grown quiet. Did everyone join our group on FB? I don't want to miss any opportunities for organized events.

Hello all, just booked this cruise! :yay: This will be our 18th Disney Cruise and our 3rd time sailing to Alaska! We are super excited about Hubbard Glacier and Icy Strait Point. Sailing on this cruise will be my husband and my daughter. Would love to join the FE group if it has been started? We are considering taking the Quick Shuttle from Seattle and then spending the night at a hotel in Vancouver before the cruise and then after the cruise flying to LA to go to Disneyland for a couple of days. Still trying to find the cheapest route. If anyone has any hotel recommendations in Vancouver, that would be great! We don't need to stay 4 star or anything, just something for a one night stay. Can't wait for this cruise! :)

Hello all, just booked this cruise! :yay: This will be our 18th Disney Cruise and our 3rd time sailing to Alaska! We are super excited about Hubbard Glacier and Icy Strait Point. Sailing on this cruise will be my husband and my daughter. Would love to join the FE group if it has been started? We are considering taking the Quick Shuttle from Seattle and then spending the night at a hotel in Vancouver before the cruise and then after the cruise flying to LA to go to Disneyland for a couple of days. Still trying to find the cheapest route. If anyone has any hotel recommendations in Vancouver, that would be great! We don't need to stay 4 star or anything, just something for a one night stay. Can't wait for this cruise! :)

Welcome!

I booked a room at the Best Western. We are a family of 5 and the Best Western was the only hotel I could find that could sleep all 5 of us in one room. I checked about 10 other hotels, and they all only slept 4 people, which would have forced us to get 2 rooms. We are going for 4 nights prior to the cruise to explore Vancouver. I'm searching for reasonable airfare now from Atlanta, and not coming up with much!

Did your search include Delta, Rosedale, and Holiday Inn. These hotels advertise they have "suites" that may allow for more numbers.

Hi all we just booked this cruise! We are so excited to be going back to Alaska this summer. It will be our 3rd Alaska cruise on DCL and our 4th Disney Cruise. It's me Jenny, My hubby Troy and our son Alex who will unbelievably be 8 years old by then! Our last cruise was EB Panama Canal in October 2015. We've been having withdrawals! I found and requested to join the FB group. Can't wait to meet you all!

Hi all we just booked this cruise! We are so excited to be going back to Alaska this summer. It will be our 3rd Alaska cruise on DCL and our 4th Disney Cruise. It's me Jenny, My hubby Troy and our son Alex who will unbelievably be 8 years old by then! Our last cruise was EB Panama Canal in October 2015. We've been having withdrawals! I found and requested to join the FB group. Can't wait to meet you all!

Make sure you try to find Tom Bell (host of theDIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition) as he'll be on the cruise.

Hey all! We can't wait to cruise to Alaska! We booked the day it opened so we could get adjoining rooms. Our group is myself and my DH, DD (10), DD (8) and DS (3). This will be our 4th Dis Cruise. We live in Seattle so we're glad we won't have much in the way of travel costs this time! Our last cruise was the Northern Baltic and we're in withdrawals!!! Heading over to join the FB group - is there a FE list in the there we can join?

Hey all! We can't wait to cruise to Alaska! We booked the day it opened so we could get adjoining rooms. Our group is myself and my DH, DD (10), DD (8) and DS (3). This will be our 4th Dis Cruise. We live in Seattle so we're glad we won't have much in the way of travel costs this time! Our last cruise was the Northern Baltic and we're in withdrawals!!! Heading over to join the FB group - is there a FE list in the there we can join?
Yes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter