"Wondering" if We'll Be On the Wonder November 16, 2013

Welcome aboard, happygirl! After this, Disneyland at Christmas is on my must-do list! That's actually what I was planning before when Dh expressed some concern about doing to Dland and having to walk everywhere (he was waiting for knee surgery) so we booked a cruise instead. And now I'm hooked! But I still want to go to Disney at Christmas. Sigh..why can't I just win the lotto and be done with it?

And now the all important question! Who's dressing up with us for Pirate Night? pirate:

I will be hitting up the Halloween stores towards the end of October when they are clearance(ing?) the costumes. Sucks that is between the longest two port days, does anyone know why?

Disneyland is amazing at Christmas time. Second weekend in December is the best in my opinion. Hours are late like summer, yet not as crowded with parents waiting til kids out of school to go. The candle lighters ceremony is one not to be missed with whatever celebrity at the time. It's truly magical if you get sentimental about Christmas stories and songs.

Looking forward to seeing a DCL ship; I'm hoping it has some of the Christmas magic. :love:

We are defiantly dressing for pirate night! Even tricked the boys into being pirates for Halloween ( was not hard lol) that way I only have to sew one costume each instead of two. They can get a little out of hand. Last year they were Mario and bowser ( but mommy I must have a real shell with spikes ) don't worry I don't pander to their every whim, just most of them lol
Does anyone know how the nights will fall on the cruise ? Formal , semi pirate etc?

We are defiantly dressing for pirate night! Even tricked the boys into being pirates for Halloween ( was not hard lol) that way I only have to sew one costume each instead of two. They can get a little out of hand. Last year they were Mario and bowser ( but mommy I must have a real shell with spikes ) don't worry I don't pander to their every whim, just most of them lol
Does anyone know how the nights will fall on the cruise ? Formal , semi pirate etc?

From what I've read Formal will be our first sea day. :tink: The pirate night is already listed on our Disney Itinerary. It's the night of Jamaica; which is our longest port day. Which sucks because we have early port with Grand Cayman the next day.

Add three more to the group. Me my husband and our 11 year old son. First cruise - can you believe as a TA I have never done a Disney cruise. We were to go to WDW in October but my son is having some medical issues so we decided that after the next couple months we will need to unplug for a few days. Can't do that as well at WDW as you can at sea. So good bye WDW HELLO Wonder!

From what I've read Formal will be our first sea day. :tink: The pirate night is already listed on our Disney Itinerary. It's the night of Jamaica; which is our longest port day. Which sucks because we have early port with Grand Cayman the next day.

What? Where? Seriously? There's nothing on my itinerary so I've been waiting with bated breath for the first cruisers to start posting the Navigators in early October :lmao:

What? Where? Seriously? There's nothing on my itinerary so I've been waiting with bated breath for the first cruisers to start posting the Navigators in early October :lmao:

If you login to DCL website and go to my reservations and then a whole bunch of boxes pop up the last one is download/email pre arrival guide. I can't insert image here without a URL...haven't figured it out yet. Hope it helps some.

Add three more to the group. Me my husband and our 11 year old son. First cruise - can you believe as a TA I have never done a Disney cruise. We were to go to WDW in October but my son is having some medical issues so we decided that after the next couple months we will need to unplug for a few days. Can't do that as well at WDW as you can at sea. So good bye WDW HELLO Wonder!

Wecome and always great to see more fellow cruisers! Sounds like you made a great choice picking the cruise over WDW :)

If you login to DCL website and go to my reservations and then a whole bunch of boxes pop up the last one is download/email pre arrival guide. I can't insert image here without a URL...haven't figured it out yet. Hope it helps some.

Oh way cool! I remember sending myself that ages ago but I'm sure it didn't have that stuff listed..!

We loooooooooved Pirate Night. Dh asked me a while ago..."there were fireworks, right?" ...Umm, yeah, don't you remember? There may or may not have been rum consumed that evening. Only so that he could do the whole Captain Jack "But why is the rum gone?"...

Hi all! My Mom and I just booked our 6th Disney cruise, and we are set to sail with you on 11/16! We've always taken the 3-4 night cruises, so we are excited about the 7 night! Since this is our first 7 night, we will be experiencing formal night for the first time. How formal is it? We are also planning on hitting the clearance after Halloween for Pirate night. Fun times!

Getting so excited!!! We checked in to our port arrival time and excursions last night! That means we're getting closer! We didn't book Palo yet, as we don't know which dining order we'll have. I think we'll book that when we get on the ship! Anyone else stay up late with me to check in?

Getting so excited!!! We checked in to our port arrival time and excursions last night! That means we're getting closer! We didn't book Palo yet, as we don't know which dining order we'll have. I think we'll book that when we get on the ship! Anyone else stay up late with me to check in?

Our check in isn't for another month... since you get to see everything online, do you have which night is formal, semi formal etc. That would be great. pirate:

It doesn't mention which days are formal/semi-formal. Just that day 4, Jamaica day, is also pirate night. So that's for sure NOT formal or semi formal. From past experience, I can guesstimate that formal would be either the first or second sea day, and semi formal will be one of the remaining 2 port days after pirate night. Just my guess though.

I think it's likely that all 5 of the "7-Night Western Caribbean Itinerary A" itineraries have the same schedule, and if so, the dining schedule was posted in the Nov 2nd meet thread:

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49129576&postcount=90

Cruise Scheduled Dining:

Night 1 Casual
Night 2 Formal
Night 3 Casual
Night 4 PIRATE
Night 5 Casual
Night 6 Semi-formal
Night 7 Casual

Oooh...lucky! We still have a couple weeks till check in. But at least we don't have to stay up late...well, 9pm is kinda late for me....:coffee:

What did you book for excursions?

DH & I decided we're just doing brunch at Palo 'cause we don't want to skip any of the MDRs.

We're just doing Dunn's River Falls. And we might rent scooters in Grand Cayman to visit the turtle farm on our own. Other than that, we are just doing a lot of relaxing. I think Cozumel will be a "sea day" for us. We'll be staying on the ship that day and enjoying maybe a spa day.

So excited to post here! This will be our first cruise (of any sort) and I'm busy researching all of the ins and outs. We will have 6 in our group: me, dh, ds11, ds8, ds6, and dd3. Can't wait!!

Nice to see some action on this thread now. I think I am going to call Disney this week to find out if they know the different dining rotations. I like to get my wife in the fancy MDR for formal night instead of Parrot Cay like our first cruise.

We also should start talking about FE plans because soon we'll have to close sign ups!!! Only joking there, but we really should start that up. Last couple of FEs I was in, the sign up group closed at about 6 weeks from sail date.

We also should start talking about FE plans because soon we'll have to close sign ups!!! Only joking there, but we really should start that up. Last couple of FEs I was in, the sign up group closed at about 6 weeks from sail date.

It's my first time, I'm interested in an FE, can you tell me a little more. I don't have the time working full time to make 60+ of something, but something like 25 might intrigued me.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter