Wonderful Panama Canal Sept 2014

Curious, and QUESTION:
Background: We are Diamond Level on RCCL and have use of the Diamond lounge and facilities on RCCL and Celebrity. They both have lots of perks including special lounges on the ships with complimentary open, full, bar and appetizers and specialty coffees and breakfast buffets daily. You also get free net packages, laundry, etc.
After this cruise will have 3 cruises on DCL - 2 cruises shy of next level, and we'll be one shy of next level on Carnival after this year's cruise as well.
PRIOR CRUISER CLUBS: Looking on line at the benefits of , I think Gold on both DCL and Carnival, I'm not seeing a lot of perks for the next two levels in either of those lines compared to RCCL. DCL does say 'platinum' surprises.
My QUESTION: all other factors aside (price, itinerary, service) and just looking at the past cruiser club perks, based on what you have actually received benefits-wise, IS IT WORTH booking 2 more cruises on DCL for those club benefits? If you cruise Carnival a lot, same question. Spouse says based on the perks only, unless we get a great deal or specific itinerary that only another line offers, we should just try to book RCCL first to get to Diamond Plus rather than trying to get up the rung quicker on either DCL or Carnival.
THOUGHTS? (Remember- program benefits only!!!) THANKS!!!!

Is it worth it to book more Disney Cruises just to get the perks? No not really in my opinion. I don't think the perks are really worth it, for us.

That said, we are already Platinum Members and have been for 5 cruises already (Disney Cruise Number 16 coming up this time).

The best perks of Platinum for us are that you get boarding pass Number 1 and get on right after the concierge/suites people. So you are among the first onboard and can be the first in the buffet line for lunch :rotfl2:

Another nice perk that we use is the free meal at Palo.

Our family just booked this Cruise!! This is our second Panama Canal we were on Westbound Panama Canal May2013! We will be traveling with my self Crystal, DH Josh, Ds Joshua 7, Ds Jace 5, and Dd Janessa 10 months and My grandma Barbara ( :banana: First Cruise)! :thumbsup2 I have a lot of reading to do to catch up on the thread!

I too want to :welcome::welcome::welcome: McPheronsLoveDisney and family to the cruise. So glad y'all are joining us. Welcome aboard!!:thumbsup2

Hello everyone! We just booked this cruise last week and are EXTREMELY excited! It will be me and DH. It is our second Disney cruise, but first without the kids (college for one and basic or dog sitting for other). Our last cruise was 13 yrs ago and so I'm trying to figure out these boards and FE.

Hi , I am new here. Booked our first Cruise. sept. 12 Wonder. I want to join the FB group but do not have enough post to send a private message.

Where are you in WA?

How many WA people do we have? My group is from Anacortes/Oak Harbor area. I know we have a Pullalyp group...Brain farts.

Happy Monday everyone...well mostly happy. I am sick in bed with some stupid stomach bug I picked up while visiting MIL in Pa this weekend. (I HATE vomiting)

Ok - I owe a few apologies - when I was adding folks last week I added them to the WRONG fb page (my bad) I had too many windows open and was trying to get them added as I was being dispatched on a job (ok - next time I wait!)

4 families have been added to the correct page now: Robin Leesa, Cascoutmomof2, fivefrys, and mcperon. IF I missed you - or the message you send telling me I added you to the wrong page - please resend via the Dis so I can add you. Again, mia culpa.

Our family just booked this Cruise!! This is our second Panama Canal we were on Westbound Panama Canal May2013! We will be traveling with my self Crystal, DH Josh, Ds Joshua 7, Ds Jace 5, and Dd Janessa 10 months and My grandma Barbara ( :banana: First Cruise)! :thumbsup2 I have a lot of reading to do to catch up on the thread!
you are added and welcome aboard!

Curious, and QUESTION:
Background: We are Diamond Level on RCCL and have use of the Diamond lounge and facilities on RCCL and Celebrity. They both have lots of perks including special lounges on the ships with complimentary open, full, bar and appetizers and specialty coffees and breakfast buffets daily. You also get free net packages, laundry, etc.
After this cruise will have 3 cruises on DCL - 2 cruises shy of next level, and we'll be one shy of next level on Carnival after this year's cruise as well.
PRIOR CRUISER CLUBS: Looking on line at the benefits of , I think Gold on both DCL and Carnival, I'm not seeing a lot of perks for the next two levels in either of those lines compared to RCCL. DCL does say 'platinum' surprises.
My QUESTION: all other factors aside (price, itinerary, service) and just looking at the past cruiser club perks, based on what you have actually received benefits-wise, IS IT WORTH booking 2 more cruises on DCL for those club benefits? If you cruise Carnival a lot, same question. Spouse says based on the perks only, unless we get a great deal or specific itinerary that only another line offers, we should just try to book RCCL first to get to Diamond Plus rather than trying to get up the rung quicker on either DCL or Carnival.
THOUGHTS? (Remember- program benefits only!!!) THANKS!!!!
This cruise will be #27 for me on DCL, I have one on Holland and that is the extent of my cruising experience. What I have done/gotten for being platinum?

• A special gift in the cabin above and beyond the CC gift (can be small or large - depends on the cruise I think),
  • a bottle of wine every cruise in the cabin,
  • the one free meal at Palo (not applicable to Remy on Fantasy or Dream), but can be either brunch or dinner as platinum (not sure if gold is allowed to use it for brunch).
  • Early booking window - this pays off when trying to get a Cabana at Castaway Cay.
  • The meet n greet with the upper cruise staff is open to gold & platinum usually, but on a few cruises it has been platinum only.
  • Special tours of backstage areas - I have seen under the stage on all the ships, the engine room of the Magic, and the power plant of the Wonder.
Other than that? not a whole lot!

Hello everyone! We just booked this cruise last week and are EXTREMELY excited! It will be me and DH. It is our second Disney cruise, but first without the kids (college for one and basic or dog sitting for other). Our last cruise was 13 yrs ago and so I'm trying to figure out these boards and FE.

Hi , I am new here. Booked our first Cruise. sept. 12 Wonder. I want to join the FB group but do not have enough post to send a private message.
To you both - if you do not have enough posts (10) to send a PM, then you are welcome to post your email address here -I will add you to FB then you can edit/delete the post to remove your email address. There is also a board for just this type of thing - where you simply post numbers 1-10 until you are at 10 posts (look on the front page of the boards - should be there somewhere)

Or you can simply tell us about yourself - one sentence/one word at a time right here!!

If you need any suggestions about hotels in San Diego just ask

Okay, so all of our flights are now booked and we have decided to fly in to San Diego.

Now, I've come back to tap your wisdom about hotels in San Diego.

We would want somewhere close to the airport/cruiseport, something nice but also economical. We will not have a vehicle so will rely on taxis or shuttles to get us to where we need to be.

Anybody got any good suggestions on where to start?:scratchin

Okay, so all of our flights are now booked and we have decided to fly in to San Diego. Now, I've come back to tap your wisdom about hotels in San Diego. We would want somewhere close to the airport/cruiseport, something nice but also economical. We will not have a vehicle so will rely on taxis or shuttles to get us to where we need to be. Anybody got any good suggestions on where to start?:scratchin

When we travel to new city, we do net research and use Trip Advisor. We have never gone wrong doing it this way. If there is a hotel in the general area that we want, where we earn hotel club points, sometimes that is our starting point. I know we have some locals on this board, but they can probably give you specifics.

When we travel to new city, we do net research and use Trip Advisor. We have never gone wrong doing it this way. If there is a hotel in the general area that we want, where we earn hotel club points, sometimes that is our starting point. I know we have some locals on this board, but they can probably give you specifics.

We just booked the Wyndham San Diego Bay today. It is LITERALLY across the street from where the ship will dock. They have a free airport shuttle and quite a few restaurants inside/next door. It's very reasonable and has free wifi. We are flying into San Diego the night before the cruise too. :)

We just booked the Wyndham San Diego Bay today. It is LITERALLY across the street from where the ship will dock. They have a free airport shuttle and quite a few restaurants inside/next door. It's very reasonable and has free wifi. We are flying into San Diego the night before the cruise too. :)

Thanks will look in to that one.

Thanks to you guys mentioning it we are now going to MNSHHP too! So excited. This will be my daughters first trip to WDW - she is 3. I haven't been since 1998. None of us have gone to a special event like MNSHHP. What a great way to end the cruise! It's always so depressing getting off the ship in the morning and being back home by the evening. This will give us something to look forward to. We are going 9/26.

Thanks to you guys mentioning it we are now going to MNSHHP too! So excited. This will be my daughters first trip to WDW - she is 3. I haven't been since 1998. None of us have gone to a special event like MNSHHP. What a great way to end the cruise! It's always so depressing getting off the ship in the morning and being back home by the evening. This will give us something to look forward to. We are going 9/26.

I love MNSSHP. It's lots of fun.

Happy Monday everyone...well mostly happy. I am sick in bed with some stupid stomach bug I picked up while visiting MIL in Pa this weekend. (I HATE vomiting)

Ok - I owe a few apologies - when I was adding folks last week I added them to the WRONG fb page (my bad) I had too many windows open and was trying to get them added as I was being dispatched on a job (ok - next time I wait!)

4 families have been added to the correct page now: Robin Leesa, Cascoutmomof2, fivefrys, and mcperon. IF I missed you - or the message you send telling me I added you to the wrong page - please resend via the Dis so I can add you. Again, mia culpa.

you are added and welcome aboard!

This cruise will be #27 for me on DCL, I have one on Holland and that is the extent of my cruising experience. What I have done/gotten for being platinum?

• A special gift in the cabin above and beyond the CC gift (can be small or large - depends on the cruise I think),
  • a bottle of wine every cruise in the cabin,
  • the one free meal at Palo (not applicable to Remy on Fantasy or Dream), but can be either brunch or dinner as platinum (not sure if gold is allowed to use it for brunch).
  • Early booking window - this pays off when trying to get a Cabana at Castaway Cay.
  • The meet n greet with the upper cruise staff is open to gold & platinum usually, but on a few cruises it has been platinum only.
  • Special tours of backstage areas - I have seen under the stage on all the ships, the engine room of the Magic, and the power plant of the Wonder.
Other than that? not a whole lot!

To you both - if you do not have enough posts (10) to send a PM, then you are welcome to post your email address here -I will add you to FB then you can edit/delete the post to remove your email address. There is also a board for just this type of thing - where you simply post numbers 1-10 until you are at 10 posts (look on the front page of the boards - should be there somewhere)

Or you can simply tell us about yourself - one sentence/one word at a time right here!!

I am still not added. i sent you another pm. robin_leesa@yahoo . com

i don't belong to many FB groups and i had no notifications that i was added.

Robin

Hello from Orlando!

I am new to disboards and it will not allow me to post or PM Padalyn to join the Private Facebook Group. Can someone please forward them my request?

Hello Padalyn - can you please add my wife (Jenn Gilmore) and myself (Keith Gilmore) to the Panama Canal Facebook group?

Jenn GIlmore = jbyrd1785 @ yahoo.com
Keith Gilmore = findwhereswaldo @ aol.com

Number of adults / children in your group: 2 adults
Names of adults in your group: Jenn & Keith
What city/state do you live in: Davenport, FL
Want to join in the FE fun? YES
Favorite character(s): Pixar Luxo Jr. Lamp & Ball

Craig and Sharon Smith - Seattle from the lovely Magnolia area.

Thnlk / Tracy and Heather are from Graham Wa

Yay! Washington people! Okay I knew we had a number of us...

Hooray! I know you're happy that your shorts don't fit!!! I am very happy that my shorts from last couple of summers do!!! I won't need an entirely new cruise wardrobe! I wonder why DCL won't let us do all the check in stuff earlier? They could still block us from booking excursions, specialty dining,etc. Not sure why entering our passport data should be restricted for a certain date. Oh well...

It's one of those mixed bags... Love being skinnier, hate not being able to eat bacon...

Feel better.

4 more folks added Cheryl, Robin, Jenn & Keith. Robin, would you please add Kelly? I deleted the pm with her email.

Just wanted to introduce ourselves my daughter Stacey and myself (Marie) will be on this cruise. This is my 5th Disney cruise and Stacey's 2nd. Stacey is 19 and has autism she loves (obsesses) everything Disney, you'll want to be on her team for Disney trivia. :cheer2:
We are traveling with my son, daughter in law and grandson who'll be 7 months on the cruise.

How do I get added to the private FB group? Not sure what to do. Thanks!

You can send a private message to Padalyn with your email address, be sure to tell her which cruise you are sailing on, she's got more than one! ;)
You need 10 posts to be able to send a private message, so you can post a couple times telling us about you and your family! :goodvibes

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter