Wonderful Panama Canal Sept 2014

Hi all!
Has anyone purchased tickets yet for MNSSHP? I was thinking of buying tickets for 9/26, but now I'm thinking that we should visit Kennedy Space Center on 9/26 and then MNSSHP on 9/28. We are staying in the Orlando area (have not yet booked a hotel) for the 3 nights post-cruise and flying home in the evening on 9/29. Thoughts? We have a 4y/o DS and 3y/o DD.
Thanks!
Cheryl

We have ours already, working on our costumes!

I have been losing weight ( keeps re- finding me over the years) and have been faithful with exercising everyday. My goal for this trip is to not gain weight! Anyone else going to be exercising and eating healthy on this trip? Or am I the sole nutcase? :rotfl2:

we will be walking, most likely at night after the show or club. We haven't really decided. My advice: never use the elevators!

I suggest you check availability. I think they were filled up for 9/26. We will be there for the 9/28 party.

We have MNSSHP tickets for 09/28...never been to it before, can't wait.

Can't wait to book excursions, spa time, Palo etc.!!!! Come on 06/14!!!pixiedust:

Can't remember who it was that posted about daughter wanting to do ASL at Disney. What a great job that would be. My daughter signs, took 3 years in High School and has used it to sign for our Church choir, and in a couple of Community Theatre shows as well. I always tear up when she does it, so beautiful and she puts so much feeling into it.:lovestruc She'll be on the cruise with us. Treating her to Mani/Pedi today as Sunday is her 20th birthday...no more teenagers!!!:cake:party::tink:

We have MNSSHP tickets for 09/28...never been to it before, can't wait.

Can't wait to book excursions, spa time, Palo etc.!!!! Come on 06/14!!!pixiedust:

Can't remember who it was that posted about daughter wanting to do ASL at Disney. What a great job that would be. My daughter signs, took 3 years in High School and has used it to sign for our Church choir, and in a couple of Community Theatre shows as well. I always tear up when she does it, so beautiful and she puts so much feeling into it.:lovestruc She'll be on the cruise with us. Treating her to Mani/Pedi today as Sunday is her 20th birthday...no more teenagers!!!:cake:party::tink:

That was my daughter!! She has taken ASL1 (homeschool version) she then took an 8 week community class and the instructor teaches at the college and he encouraged her to register for the fall class at the local community college. So she will be missing 2 weeks of the class to go on this cruise.

She would love to meet up with your daughter and see if they can 'chat' with each other. or if your daughter has any tips for her.

robin

I suggest you check availability. I think they were filled up for 9/26. We will be there for the 9/28 party.

I bought tickets a few days ago for the 9/26 party, we love MNSSHP! Hopefully will be less sad about the end of a cruise with that to look forward too in the evening.

Our family just booked this Cruise!! This is our second Panama Canal we were on Westbound Panama Canal May2013! We will be traveling with my self Crystal, DH Josh, Ds Joshua 7, Ds Jace 5, and Dd Janessa 10 months and My grandma Barbara ( :banana: First Cruise)! :thumbsup2 I have a lot of reading to do to catch up on the thread!

Our family just booked this Cruise!! This is our second Panama Canal we were on Westbound Panama Canal May2013! We will be traveling with my self Crystal, DH Josh, Ds Joshua 7, Ds Jace 5, and Dd Janessa 10 months and My grandma Barbara ( :banana: First Cruise)! :thumbsup2 I have a lot of reading to do to catch up on the thread!

Welcome! The more the merrier!

Hi There, :wave2:

We will be going to WDW after the cruise to enjoy F&W. I also got tickets to MNSSHP for 9/28. I have read about this for years, but have no clue what it is. :confused3. Has anyone been to it? I think it is at the MK. What happens? I feel ridiculous buying tickets and not knowing what I'll be doing...

Hi There, :wave2: We will be going to WDW after the cruise to enjoy F&W. I also got tickets to MNSSHP for 9/28. I have read about this for years, but have no clue what it is. :confused3. Has anyone been to it? I think it is at the MK. What happens? I feel ridiculous buying tickets and not knowing what I'll be doing...

Hi! Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is at MK. It's a party with a special parade, fireworks, trick-or-treating through the park, dance parties, and special meet and greets. The park is not crowded as the tickets are kept to a minimum. Everyone without tickets leave at 7 and the party kicks off. You can wear costumes if you want, the only time adults can dress up in the park. We've gone a few times and love it! The Boo To You parade is awesome and is lots of fun! You will have a great time!

There are you tube video's of this event for 2013. Make sure you do not miss the parades. You can go in costume if you wish. The Haunted Mansion is also not to be missed. I have been to Disneyland Halloween party and feel WDW is better. Everyonecan get free candy goodies given out by castmembers at specific locations and several rides are Halloween themed. You will have a great time.

There are you tube video's of this event for 2013. Make sure you do not miss the parades. You can go in costume if you wish. The Haunted Mansion is also not to be missed. I have been to Disneyland Halloween party and feel WDW is better. Everyonecan get free candy goodies given out by castmembers at specific locations and several rides are Halloween themed. You will have a great time.

I've only been to the Disneyland party, I thought it was great! Now I'm really, really looking forward to the party at WDW!

Hi , I am new here. Booked our first Cruise. sept. 12 Wonder. I want to join the FB group but do not have enough post to send a private message.

Welcome new people!

I get to check in and pick my stuff out next week. Know what I'm doing. Needed to raid my box of clothes set aside for the cruise today. It was HOT! We don't get hot here. That and none of my shorts fit from last year, well darn.

We just booked today and are ready to go.....no wait we still need to join in on all of the festivities on page 1. It will be me, my husband and my son (13). This is our 3rd cruise and the first one without our two oldest who couldn't get the time off of their college classes to join us.

My son is asking if there are any other kiddos his age that will be on this trip.

Can't wait for September!!! Wishing the summer will move along quickly, but trying to savor the time off from school/activities that keep us so busy.
Paula

:welcome:

I have been losing weight ( keeps re- finding me over the years) and have been faithful with exercising everyday. My goal for this trip is to not gain weight! Anyone else going to be exercising and eating healthy on this trip? Or am I the sole nutcase? :rotfl2:

I am. Fully plan on having my clothes got the entire trip. If you want a gym buddy, let me know. We can motivate each other to get up and go, if not every day, at least most days! I will probably try to stick with a pretty low carb diet as well. The weight keeps find me as well and I'm diligently working to get down at least one more size before Sept. so that I don't need an entirely new travel wardrobe!

I am also looking for a gym buddy to hold me accountable. Since I'm having most of the fluid removed from my band before we fly out I've got to behave myself at least a little.

:welcome:

Hi , I am new here. Booked our first Cruise. sept. 12 Wonder. I want to join the FB group but do not have enough post to send a private message.

Welcome everyone. It seems like we have a big group of us from the northwest

Welcome new people! I get to check in and pick my stuff out next week. Know what I'm doing. Needed to raid my box of clothes set aside for the cruise today. It was HOT! We don't get hot here. That and none of my shorts fit from last year, well darn.

Hooray! I know you're happy that your shorts don't fit!!! I am very happy that my shorts from last couple of summers do!!! I won't need an entirely new cruise wardrobe! I wonder why DCL won't let us do all the check in stuff earlier? They could still block us from booking excursions, specialty dining,etc. Not sure why entering our passport data should be restricted for a certain date. Oh well...

Curious, and QUESTION:
Background: We are Diamond Level on RCCL and have use of the Diamond lounge and facilities on RCCL and Celebrity. They both have lots of perks including special lounges on the ships with complimentary open, full, bar and appetizers and specialty coffees and breakfast buffets daily. You also get free net packages, laundry, etc.
After this cruise will have 3 cruises on DCL - 2 cruises shy of next level, and we'll be one shy of next level on Carnival after this year's cruise as well.
PRIOR CRUISER CLUBS: Looking on line at the benefits of , I think Gold on both DCL and Carnival, I'm not seeing a lot of perks for the next two levels in either of those lines compared to RCCL. DCL does say 'platinum' surprises.
My QUESTION: all other factors aside (price, itinerary, service) and just looking at the past cruiser club perks, based on what you have actually received benefits-wise, IS IT WORTH booking 2 more cruises on DCL for those club benefits? If you cruise Carnival a lot, same question. Spouse says based on the perks only, unless we get a great deal or specific itinerary that only another line offers, we should just try to book RCCL first to get to Diamond Plus rather than trying to get up the rung quicker on either DCL or Carnival.
THOUGHTS? (Remember- program benefits only!!!) THANKS!!!!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter