Wonder Stateroom Question #7070 or #7052

RedM94

DIS Veteran
I am hoping @PrincessShmoo or one of the many other DCL veterans can help answer a question or offer an opinion. We are booked in cabin 7052 on the Wonder for a seven night cruise. Today I noticed that room 7070 was now available.

Cabin 7070 looks to have a more desirable placement on the ship and would offer more of a buffer from the elevators and stairs. I read the room reviews for cabin 7070 on this forum, and learned this room was not originally a connecting room on either the Magic or the Wonder. One compliant was that "they," did a poor job sound proofing after making the room connecting and therefore could hear everything from the connecting room.

I have sailed in a connecting room three times on the Fantasy and never heard a peep out of my neighbor's. Any thoughts on changing rooms or noise levels would be appreciated.

Thank you

I am hoping @PrincessShmoo or one of the many other DCL veterans can help answer a question or offer an opinion. We are booked in cabin 7052 on the Wonder for a seven night cruise. Today I noticed that room 7070 was now available.

Cabin 7070 looks to have a more desirable placement on the ship and would offer more of a buffer from the elevators and stairs. I read the room reviews for cabin 7070 on this forum, and learned this room was not originally a connecting room on either the Magic or the Wonder. One compliant was that "they," did a poor job sound proofing after making the room connecting and therefore could hear everything from the connecting room.

I have sailed in a connecting room three times on the Fantasy and never heard a peep out of my neighbor's. Any thoughts on changing rooms or noise levels would be appreciated.

Thank you

While I can't address that specific room, we've been in both connecting and non-connecting rooms on all ships. I've not found any real difference between them in either of them being noiser than the other.

What I've found to make the difference is who the neighbors are.

If you have a screaming kid next door it doesn't make a bit of difference whether it's a connecting room or not.

Our last Wonder cruise was in 7550 and honestly I would book that room again if I could. So 7052 would be my pick. Our other Wonder cruise was in 7562, so somewhat like your 7070 but on the other side. I personally prefer being closer to the elevators and we didn't have noise issues in 7550. (That was on a 7nt Alaska cruise). Note that we haven't cruised as much as other people on here, so take my opinions with a grain of salt. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter