Wk of Mar 4--WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you. [/quote/

WISH Racing Team

Abra Cat Kristi NC
akasleepingbeauty Rhonda TX
aladdinsgirl Krista OH
AmyBeth68 Amy NJ
andromedaslove Dana FL
angietuck2 Angie FL
bekagain Bekah
BiggerTigger Jeff FL
Big Vic Vic FL
blueroses WA
Buckalew11 Brenda TN
Calcio Craig MA
CarolA Carol GA
CaroleD Carole ON
cdn gal eeyore Leana Alberta
Chernabog#1Fan FL
chimera Mel FL
Chropistopy Christy GA
Cingoutload Dawn GA
Cruella de Mom Cecilia GA
crzy4pooh Lynnda FL
DaddyBeast Kevin TX
deekaypee ND
Dennyha Denny OH
DianeL Diane
disneybelle Darcey NJ
DisneyGirl Marissa
disneyrun
DJBounce Darcey IA
donac Dona NJ
DreamBeliever
dthogue Tammy PA
Duanerice Duane FL
eeyore45 Sandy IL
escape Susie AR
fabumouse NJ
FungLu Brett OR
gatorphipps Christa NC
getnthinr Wendy NC
goingthedistance Paul NM
goofyguy1958 Mike
gsu1988 Ken GA
HMHunters
Hockeychic Kim CAN
hockeygirl Laurie NY
Honeibee Judy NY
hoosmi Jen GA
jam217 PA
JCTigger Jill MA
Jen117 Jen WI
jodistar Jodi CT
karebear1 Karen OR
Kareneast Karen NJ
keenercam Cam DE
KeenHo Howard DE
KelNottAt Kelley MD
Kimickey Kim MD
Kim10110 Kim
Kristi1357 Kristi NH
lillouisianagal Claire LA
Little Miss Mickey Ashley
Lisa Loves Pooh Lisa FL
littlegreydonkey Helen NZ
macrosswife Kimber AL
magslite Maggie IL
maherae Anne FL
MarkMichaels Mark IA
maryliz maryliz ON
MdmMim
Meghan74 Meghan
MelRhoads Melissa AR
MickeySP Lisa MA
Minigirl Eva
Minnie Suzy
mogulskr Scott NJ
momoftwogirls
monte Monica CO
mousemgr Susan MI
MouseDogMom Jackie NC
Mouse Skywalker Dave NY
MrsTrx Tracey FL
msblrobs Sara NY
nucpharm29 Stephanie AR
NYCpa Kathy NY
ohMom Molli OH
Optimator Mike
outonarun Teri CA
panthergirl Susan NC
Paull117 Paul WI
perfectmatch300 Nancy FL
plutosmyfav Sunny MA
pollioni Robb ON
princessmomma Colleen NC
Pungodingy Angie NH
RedDragon Martha MA
rKyDeX Chester FL
RunningLilo Dena FL
sap1227 Christy FL
sara
ScoJo15 Scott GA
scoolover Scott CT
scuba diver Jim FL
SilverE Steve ME
SirBouncealot Andrew IA
skfulkers Steve OH
solotraveler Kevin MI
Space Ranger John
stitch lover sith Erin
sugaswim Holly MD
TammyNC Tammy NC
taz4disney CJ IN
TEK224 Terri PA
Texa
thndrmatt Matt FL
tiberius
TiffJ Tiffany AL
TigerLily03 Lily OH
Tinks Vicki IL
twotoohappy Liz MA
TXAng TX
TXBelle Heather TX
Valentine Kathy NY
WDWfan 9 Pat IL
westcliffemom Stacey CO
wfloyd Bill FL
WIsh I Lived in FL Felicia
Worfiedoodles Maria MA
wtpclc Carrie MI
xterratri Lynne ME
zoegirl Bree NC

Heading out the door shortly for the race. Good luck to everyone racing or doing LR today! Can't wait to read all the reports from this weekend!
Great to see so many new folks joining us. Can you believe it's March already? Marathon weekend will be here before we know it!
Don't forget...daylight savings time starts next weekend.

All this talk about everyone racing and getting ready for a race is starting to get me down. This is pretty much the end of our racing season. Nothing really to look forward to until Oct. There will be a few local 5k's, but nothing really special.

I guess I'll just have to drive up north to get a race in!

All-righty--I"m ready to head out the door as well. Running buddy and his friends and family are going to be here in about 10 minutes so we can all caravan together to the start! Will post as soon as I can!

:cheer2: :cheer2: Mel and Stephanie:cheer2: :cheer2: Good Luck today!!

I just did my cross training today:yay: :yay: I love getting it done first thing in the morning!!

Good luck to all of today's racers! I'm on my way out to yoga, then running with the kidlets this afternoon. Minnie's in 63 days.

Good morning team.

Sorry I have been MIA, our power has been going on and off due to storms and haven't had much of a chance to post.

I admit, I haven't had a chance to read the posts so i am sure I missed lots. Hope everyone is well and injury free.

Good luck to all those racers today!!!!

Kim

I can't find the quote from a few weeks back, about the lion & the gazelle, but I have it taped to the treadmill. I was thinking about it today. Not to get profound or anything (usually not a word in the same sentence with my name) but each day, I decide if I'm the lion or the gazelle.

The way I look at it, if I'm feeling great, I'm the gazelle. I can go far & fast! It's life or death for the gazelle. But if I'm feeling sorta puny, then I'm the lion. He only has to go as fast as the slowest gazelle. It's fun for me to assess each day which one I am feeling like that day. Just an interesting insight, I thought. A very motivating quote for me!

Also, a question. How do you tell apart your new shoes from your old shoes? Like when you get new ones to rotate, do you mark in them or do something different in them, if they are the same type as your old shoes? Where's a good place to mark in them that won't wear or be rubbed off?

Another question: has anybody bought shirts from Cafe Press? I like alot of the walker/runner inspirational sayings & the WISH stuff, but don't know which style to buy. So many choices! Any suggestions?

Also, a question. How do you tell apart your new shoes from your old shoes? Like when you get new ones to rotate, do you mark in them or do something different in them, if they are the same type as your old shoes? Where's a good place to mark in them that won't wear or be rubbed off?

I put the date I bought them on the side. This way, I know when to replace them and which shoes are the running shoes. I replace my shoes every 3 - 4 months.:scared1: And that time is coming up fast!:eek:
DH is still :sick: ! I am not good with this.
I did end up running yesterday. Took JRT out, but the wind was kick'n chick'n so bad, her ears were standing straight up!:rotfl: So after a mile, I took her back in. Then I went out. I an not lying, I could hardly move...I was running in place, so after another mile, I said forget it and went back home.

I put the date I bought them on the side. This way, I know when to replace them and which shoes are the running shoes.

Great idea. Wish I had thought of that over the last year. I have three identical pairs and don't know which one is the current running pair.

Guess I'll just have to go buy another pair and start fresh. :banana:

All this talk about everyone racing and getting ready for a race is starting to get me down. This is pretty much the end of our racing season. Nothing really to look forward to until Oct. There will be a few local 5k's, but nothing really special.

I guess I'll just have to drive up north to get a race in!

There are definately plenty of races up this way: DH did not end up doing Sarasota today so we are doing the Bay to Bay 12 K in St Pete on March 18!!

angie

Just a quick post-finished! Time 4:18:08!:cool1: :cool1: Will post later details and pics. Time to go and chill!

Just a quick post-finished! Time 4:18:08!:cool1: :cool1: Will post later details and pics. Time to go and chill!

WTG! That is so AWESOME! You better give details b/c we are dying to hear them...OOOOOH, and pics too!

:cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana: :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana:
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Wahoo Stephanie!! Can't wait to read the report.

Stacey, I also write when I bought the shoes. Fabric marker on the little tag inside the tongue.

I had an enlightening moment (as in "I'm and idiot") during my long run. I have a tendency to go out way too fast to start so I was really focusing on slow and easy. I take off and keep a periodic eye on the Garmin - 9:15 mpm - a little faster than I want but O.K. I always feel a little achey and out of sorts for the first mile or so and this was no different.

About 3/4 of a mile - 9:17 mpm - a little winded but not too bad. Then I happen to notice that I'm looking at the wrong box on the screen. It's 9:17 AM. My pace is 7:55 mpm :scared1:. "I'm and idiot".

Well, I calmed down a little and finished my scheduled 10 miles at a 8:33 mpm pace with pretty much negative splits the last half and the last mile at at 7:58 :cool1: . Way faster than I had anticipated and felt pretty darn good after.

Of course, I followed that up last night with a "little" 4 miler at a much slower pace and I felt like I was going to die for the rest of the night.

This running stuff makes no sense to me sometimes. Plus the fact that I couldn't pace myself with an armfull of Garmins and Steve and Dave's 5hr dragon lady from Disney :confused3 .

Everyone have a good week.

There are definately plenty of races up this way: DH did not end up doing Sarasota today so we are doing the Bay to Bay 12 K in St Pete on March 18!!

angie

I guess the real problem is trying to fit them in around gymnastics competition season. We were Charleston yesterday. In Tampa next weekend. Coral Springs in three weeks.

So far no races have matched up to where I am at. I'll just have to keep looking!

Hi everyone-

Whew, almost no running since Wednesday but do packing and cleaning count as crosstraining? My house is now officially listed for sale. It looks pretty good too - I should have done all this work months ago.

I got to watch a marthon run past my house this morning - that was tough to do. I did run a mile or two with friends as they went past. One of the spectators laughed when I came past her the fourth time - I think I ran about 8 miles total but I was just encouraging them at a tough point in the race (mile 19)

My hamstrings are still sore but I think I am ready to ease back into training this week. Good thing! The ING is only 3 weeks away!

Also, a question. How do you tell apart your new shoes from your old shoes?
I put the date I bought them on the side. This way, I know when to replace them and which shoes are the running shoes.
I do too. Actually, the guy at Fleet Feet started doing it for me several pairs ago. My long run shoes have my road ID on them so I can tell which ones those are.
I keep track of my shoes in my log book as well so I can track mileage.

Take care all!
Cecilia

Why, oh why do I hate long training wogs? It took me about two hours of procrastinating around the house to get my behind out the door. Once I hit mile 2, I could go forever though. I just still have such a hard time wanting to go out the door. I love races. I guess I just dislike all the work to get to the race. You'd think I'd be over this by now. :confused3

Anyway, I did get my 8 miles in today. Check out mile 7:
12:15
12:15
12:17
12:00
12:01
11:59
14:03 (huh? :confused3 )
11:53
1:38:47

I wouldn't be so confused about mile 7 if mile 8 was also slower. Chad thinks maybe I accidently ran an extra lap on that mile. I am wondering if my sport beans kicked in for the last mile. In any case, it's weird.

I really have to get ready for work & bed. Well, and watching Amazing Race. I will read everyone's weekend race reports tomorrow at work - can't wait!

Hey everyone! Unfortunately, I have no training to report on today. I am a littel disappointed that I didn't get anything in, but I just got so caught up in things today that I lost track of time. I had some errands to do, then came home to watch the nascar busch series race, and did some scrapbooking. I had a great day, just wish I got some training in!

I can't wait to read all the reports from the races everyone did today! I will have to check the other thread.

Kim--Hope you are hanging in there with the storms, and your power is back up and running!
Stacey--Usually my new shoes are much cleaner than my old, so it makes it easier to tell them apart! :rotfl2: Honestly, I haven't got that far yet in my training, so I am interested to hear what people say. As for Cafe Press, I have ordered several items from that site over the last year, and I love all the items I got!
Stephanie--Great time today!! Can't wait to read the report!
Optimator Mike--Wow! Great pace! That is funny that you were reading the time on your Garmin--that is totally something I would do!
Jim--Sounds like you have some busy weekends coming up! I hope you can find a race to fit in somewhere.
Cecilia--I would be so jealous if a marathon went by my house and I wasn't running. Honestly, I am so excited already for the WDW marathon and that is 10 months away!!
Kristi--Great job on your run! That is weird that the one mile was that much slower, i agree with Chad, maybe you ran an extra lap or something.

Time to go watch Amazing Race----go Rob and Amber--my favorite contestants!!

Stephanie – WTG!! :thumbsup2

Mike/Optimator – LOL, that totally sounds like something I’d do!

Cecilia – How cool to have a marathon go by your house! That’s neat that you were able to get some running in while encouraging the marathoners.

Kristi – That is strange to have the one mile be so much slower. I think the extra lap theory is a good explanation.

I got up and started to do a step workout, but my knee started bothering me after only 15 minutes, so I decided not to push it. May try doing the bike at the gym tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter