Wk of Mar 4--WISH Walking/Running Club

Ok TEAM I'm off to "Romp to Stomp" for breast cancer...wish me luck. (Hope I don't freeze out there) lol. We need a little frozen smiley face.;)

REAL QUICK!
I just returned from my 1/2 marathon that I signed up for on Tuesday.
My goal was to thank every volunteer and police I saw and run it in 1:58.
I met the thanking everyone goal and my time was.......
1:54!
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
I will report later...must take a shower...I STINK!

Super duper drive-by this morning....

Judy-- I'm so sorry to hear about Logic. :hug: Take care of yourself.

Christa-- Way to go!!! :thumbsup2 Man, I'm tired just looking at that time....

Kevin :earsboy:

Christa--WTG!!!! You are so speedy!:cool1: :cool1: I also like to thank all the volunteers and especially the police doing traffic control! Can't wait to hear your report!

monte--good luck not freezing to death! Hope you had fun!:goodvibes

Well, this morning was a fun run for the entire family. The race is in the memory of a boy I used to babysit for, benefits Neurology research at the Children's Hospital, and also benefits the local animal rescue. My parents are good friends of the boy's father (also the race director), so we couldn't miss this event. They have a competitive 2mile state championship race and then a 1 mile fun run/walk that you can do with strollers and leashed animals (I would say just dogs, but someone was walking a raccoon!:scared1: ) I had decided before leaving this morning that I was only going to do the 1 mile walk with DD, DH, and pushing DS in the stroller. Gonna give myself a little break--but it sure was hard not lining up at the start for the actual race. But I'm sure my body will thank me for it tomorrow!

Have a great rest of the weekend WISH teammates--Gonna go cheer on DH during his LR tomorrow--taking another rest day here!

Only time for a quick drive by on today's training run:

I was able to get out and run 4 miles in 37:50 min. My average pace was 9:25. It was a little cold this morning but I felt great. Tomorrow I will head out for my LR of 6 miles...this will be my longest run yet. I am very excited!

Leana--thanks for the info on the nikerunning website. I will have to check out my account and see if I can do that.

Hello WISH Team.

I've been away for a few days and I am just beginning to catch up on the posts. I just have to say one more time that I really enjoy the WISH team threads: Runners; Walkers; people running for fitness; people tapering for a race; races ranging from 3K to marathons--great community!

I'm most likely six weeks out from getting back on the roads; I continue to train and race with you all in spirit.

Keep up the great effort! :thumbsup2

Steve

Hello fellow WISHers!

I've been MIA the last week or so. I thought I'd get so much done being at home recovering from surgery. Catching up on reading magazines, reading the boards, doing some crafts. Ha! Didn't get anything done except my book report for school.

My surgery was last Thurs. I didn't get a good night's sleep until Tues. Had throbbing and stabbing pains that would wake me up every 1/2 hour. Finally got the Dr. on the phone on Tuesday and turns out the pain wasn't from the surgery; they wrapped the bandage too tight. :scared1: Once I unwrapped the ace and took the splint off, the pain stopped. But I've still been a slug all week. Just haven't felt like doing anything. The foot feels ok, except if I try to move my toes up. Then I can feel it pulling a bit. I go back for a follow-up on Tues. so we'll see what Dr. says. I'm still on crutches.

Glad to hear training and races are going well for folks.
:wizard: for those feeling under the weather.

Christa - WTG!:banana: You were flying, girl!

Judy - I'm so sorry to hear about Logic. :wizard: :wizard: To you, Charlie and Mist

Anne - There will be other races. I know it's disappointing when you trained for this race and were ready to go. But your mom needed you and you got there. That's the priority. I'll keep you and your mom in my prayers!

Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter