#Wine&DineHalf: I'm Only Running for the Food & Wine FINISHED

Well I am glad you got that gift card transferred over. That could have been bad.

Tragical Express is the worst. Glad we aren't quite done yet.

Wednesday: Eats & Drinks

Buffy & I went on a mad frenzy our last morning and afternoon in WDW, trying to get in as many Food & Wine booths as we could. Our first stop was the Wine & Dine Studio where I had the

1 wine & dine studio truffle.JPG

Seared Scallop, Truffles Celery root puree, brussel sprouts and wild mushrooms. The scallops were cooked perfectly, great first bites of the day. From there we made our way for a sweet bites at the Chocolate Studio…

2 Choc Studio Red Wine Truffle.JPG

Buffy and I shared the Red Wine Truffle and the Liquid Nitro Chocolate almond truffle with warm Whiskey sauce. Both were out of this world! Then it was back to the savory bites at the Greenhouse Guru…

3greenhouse guru duck confit.JPG

The duck confit with creamy polenta was the second best savory bite of Wine & Dine. It was so heavenly tender and juicy! Another time I wanted to lick the plate clean. Realizing that I had nothing to drink we headed to the Islands of the Caribbean…

4  IOFC Mojo Pork and Mojito.JPG

Where I had the mojo pork with black beans and rice with of course a Frozen Mojito. The pork could have done with a little more spice and the mojito with a little more alcohol. Another group of islands were our next booth visit, the Hawaiian Islands where I had the Pork Pineapple slider and Mai Tai

5 Hawaii pork slider and mai tai.JPG

The pork had a much better flavor than the mojo pork I had just had and was extremely tender and juicy. The on the other hand the Mai Tai was way too sweet, but of course I drank it anyway. My next stop was at the where I did a little last minute shopping for Mr. Grumpy and a treat for the plane….

5 m.jpg 5 n.jpg

Caramel shortbread and the best caramel popcorn on this earth. Purchases tucked away safely for the trip I then headed to Poland where I had the kielbasa pierogi and frozen apple pie drink.

6 poland kielbasa pierogi and frozenapple pie.JPG

The pierogi was on point and very yummy. The Frozen Apple Pie drink tasted just like an apple pie, but I have to warn you drinking I found myself having a texture issue so I found a spoon and ate it. LOL. Time was quickly slipping away as I headed to the bathrooms at Morocco and nearly had the fatal mishap of the lost gift card. I did not realize the loss until I joined back up with Buffy again at Brazil, our last stop of the day. We frantically sorted out the gift card situation and then returned to Brazil for Moscato, Brazilian cheese bread and pork belly.

7 brazil moscato brazil cheese bread pork belly.JPG

By this time I was totally full, upset about the whole gift card situation, and time was just about gone. I really did not enjoy my last few bites and sips at WDW. I had one last stop to make in France to pick up a gift for my daughter

8.jpg

A box of macaroons then it was back to the BC and our trip on the Tragic Express, stuffed and sad!

I have no earthly idea why these pictures keep turning sideways when I upload them!!!!! GRRRR

I've discovered that Mickey Bars are the solution to all ride-related issues at Disney (and all other issues too). The first time I rode EE I got really dizzy and lightheaded afterwards (it hasn't happened since ... I must have been sick or something that day), and a Mickey Bar solved the problem instantly!

I think a Mickey Bar can cure just about anything!

I enjoyed your trip report! I'm having the same issues with my ankle - I've self diagnosed it as the same thing that you have but of course, I'm getting that confirmed at my favorite sports medicine doctor next week (it's not the years, it's the mileage). Last race was the race that wasn't - aka the Disney World 1/2 Marathon that was cancelled. I have still been running until earlier this week when the pain was such that I thought Oh, maybe I should not run.
Hope yours heals quickly!

I hope you get better news then me...this no running or walking is killing me! DON"T RUN TILL YOU GET A VERDICT. I think I probably made mine a lot worse with that 10K the week after W&D. Stubborn streak...

Yay! Great report. What's this gift card app? I have a bunch too and would like to make sure not to lose mine as well. LOL

Actually now that I reflect I just did a login web-based to the Disney Card website.

Departure day really is the worst day ever ... but at least it came at the end of a great trip! Thanks for sharing the trip with us - it was great to hear about your adventures eating, drinking, and running around the world!

Thanks for joining in again Sarah! I wish DIS would not do an update between 3 am and 5 am..I would get a lot more reading others TR done!

Well I am glad you got that gift card transferred over. That could have been bad.

Tragical Express is the worst. Glad we aren't quite done yet.

It could have gone real bad...thankfully Buffy was being level headed.

You are making me hungry! So many excellent choices and macaroons. Man I need to get to food and wine. Although I had a hard enough time eating everything I wanted to this January.

We dodged a major bullet having my card handy. Would have loved to see the thief's expression on their face when they thought they hit the mother load but did not.

And on the up side, we still have money on the card so our next adventure is already partially funded!!!!

We dodged a major bullet having my card handy. Would have loved to see the thief's expression on their face when they thought they hit the mother load but did not.

And on the up side, we still have money on the card so our next adventure is already partially funded!!!!

I am so ready for the next trip...I can't believe I did not even spend half of what I had planned.

Parting Thoughts & Reflections

IMG_1212.JPG

If you would look at my first PTR/TR and each PTR/TR after that you would find a very different me. I have gone through a transformation from OCD Planner of every moment of every day to stopping and enjoying the little things that WDW has to offer. I no longer feel like I have to go to every park and ride every ride. Instead, I have my favorites and sprinkle in a few new experiences. My selfies are improving and I don't need cupcakes to fuel my running, instead I choose to believe in myself and celebrate with a glass of Moscato and some Almond Crusted Cheesecake...

I loved the pace of this trip and treasure the friendships with ladies I was with and those I met up with, and look forward to the next time we can share some eats, drinks and a few....

IMG_4171.JPG

When will the next trip to runDisney trip happen? The doctor and I still disagree on that point, and I am sure Mr. Grumpy will have something to say. But you can be guaranteed that it will happen.

Thank you to all that have followed along or even lurked and….

walt-disney-world.jpg

Thanks for sharing your awesome trip with us! I hope the next runDisney trip can come soon ... think good foot-healing thoughts!

It sounds like you had a great trip! I'm glad to hear the races went well and you enjoyed them, but sorry about your injury. I had to miss the first run disney half I signed up for due to injury about 3 years ago. Good luck, and I hope it heals quickly.

You did really well on the food booths even if you missed a few. I couldn't find the chocolate pudding, I was looking for it, and I don't think I saw it. You've convinced me NOT to try the grapefruit beer, because I really don't like beer, but I always hear about that one.

I think w&d race weekend might be my favorite as well. I decided to go back to princess this year, because its the day before my birthday and because I really need to get out of the cold in February!

Glad you were able to transfer the gift card balance! I have an online account but didn't realize there was an app, will definitely have to look into that. I liked using the gift cards, but I did worry a little about losing one.

We had a snow day today (I never get these off) and I was not in the best mood today, but reading your report definitely brightened up my mood.

Thanks for the awesome report! I hope that next runDisney is soon!

Thanks for following along Ryan...I am not such a good follower trying to write a PTR and get my travel business going!

Thanks for sharing your awesome trip with us! I hope the next runDisney trip can come soon ... think good foot-healing thoughts!

I hope I get to read another one from you soon!

It sounds like you had a great trip! I'm glad to hear the races went well and you enjoyed them, but sorry about your injury. I had to miss the first run disney half I signed up for due to injury about 3 years ago. Good luck, and I hope it heals quickly.

You did really well on the food booths even if you missed a few. I couldn't find the chocolate pudding, I was looking for it, and I don't think I saw it. You've convinced me NOT to try the grapefruit beer, because I really don't like beer, but I always hear about that one.

I think w&d race weekend might be my favorite as well. I decided to go back to princess this year, because its the day before my birthday and because I really need to get out of the cold in February!

Glad you were able to transfer the gift card balance! I have an online account but didn't realize there was an app, will definitely have to look into that. I liked using the gift cards, but I did worry a little about losing one.

We had a snow day today (I never get these off) and I was not in the best mood today, but reading your report definitely brightened up my mood.

I can't wait to do W&D again! So many races, so little money! I am glad I could bring a smile! I keep thinking of PHM again, but it just is not at the top of the list for me.

So, I totally fell behind reading this. You were too fast. we must have been near each other running. I saw Betsey around the switchback, but never got to speak, she was ahead of us. We found her after the race though and she was so attentive to my mom (who was exhausted!)!

Seeing y'all right before you left was a fun surprise. I have no idea when my next trip will be. My next WDW trip will not involve running either. I promised Eli I wouldn't go back without him, so my next trip will be with my family, including my husband who hasn't been there since 2011!!!

So, I totally fell behind reading this. You were too fast. we must have been near each other running. I saw Betsey around the switchback, but never got to speak, she was ahead of us. We found her after the race though and she was so attentive to my mom (who was exhausted!)!

Seeing y'all right before you left was a fun surprise. I have no idea when my next trip will be. My next WDW trip will not involve running either. I promised Eli I wouldn't go back without him, so my next trip will be with my family, including my husband who hasn't been there since 2011!!!

So super proud of your mom!!!!

Funny how a lot of us were right there together on the half but never saw each other. We had to have also passed Debra by too and never realized it. From mile 9 on I was totally focused on just finishing because the ankle had started in and at mile 11 I was not certain it was going to allow me to finish on my own. So glad that you were able to meet up with Betsy afterwards. I am disappointed that I did not get to spend anytime with her this trip and did not spend more with you and your mom! Next time...and we do need to make it a next time. Buffy and I wanted to do Marathon 2018, but this ankle injury is proving to be really a mess so I guess we hold off until 2019.

I have started feeling guilty about going without the family, so as you know I am taking them to DL...LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter