Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

I signed up for the Challenge today. Excited to get back to racing, but it's my first time doing Wine & Dine.

Seeing from pervious race maps, the start line is not in the same spot as the finish line? How does this work? (I've only done Marathon Weekend before where everything is S/F out of Epcot.)

I signed up for the Challenge today. Excited to get back to racing, but it's my first time doing Wine & Dine.

Seeing from pervious race maps, the start line is not in the same spot as the finish line? How does this work? (I've only done Marathon Weekend before where everything is S/F out of Epcot.)

Are you staying on property? If so get on the race bus in the morning and it drops you at the start, get on the bus at the finish and they take you back. If you are staying offsite and driving I assume there are buses back to the start but I'm not totally sure.

Are you staying on property? If so get on the race bus in the morning and it drops you at the start, get on the bus at the finish and they take you back. If you are staying offsite and driving I assume there are buses back to the start but I'm not totally sure.
In the past, you parked at the Finish and had to be bussed to the start. In this case, you need to leave about 20-30 minutes earlier than planned.

Anyone look at onsite resort options for W&D recently? YIKES. I don't see how they can get more people to register for the races until more resort rooms are released - there is no way every room at every Value and Mod is booked, and when rooms do open up they're asking almost $400 for a Mod - that's insane!

I find it particularly interesting that the 5 and 10 are sold out, but not the longer distances... I wonder if there's a larger number than I'd have thought of folks who dialed the mileage waaaaay back during the pandemic and don't feel like they can ramp back up by Nov.? W&D has historically been one to sell out its half - and, later, challenge - pretty quickly.

Anyone look at onsite resort options for W&D recently? YIKES. I don't see how they can get more people to register for the races until more resort rooms are released - there is no way every room at every Value and Mod is booked, and when rooms do open up they're asking almost $400 for a Mod - that's insane!

I find it particularly interesting that the 5 and 10 are sold out, but not the longer distances... I wonder if there's a larger number than I'd have thought of folks who dialed the mileage waaaaay back during the pandemic and don't feel like they can ramp back up by Nov.? W&D has historically been one to sell out its half - and, later, challenge - pretty quickly.

Oh yeah, I booked our resort before registration even opened and the cheapest option was CS (which I’ve never stayed at, so thank you Disney for forcing me to try something new!) I’ve kept an eye on the weekend to see if anything less expensive/more appealing opens up but YIKES indeed.

Yeah, it's been a madhouse. We booked as soon as we heard W&D was coming back and options were sparse. In fact, if Disney hadn't announced re-opening dates for POR, POFQ, and ASMu, we'd probably be staying at Jambo House, because there was literally nothing else left when we booked.

I have seen a few things come and go as I am trying to change off POFQ, but it doesn't happen often. Even Swolphin appears to be totally booked. Dates show availability (at $800+ per night!) but when you try to book it errors out.

Not to mention passholders are limited to 3 park days if they are off-off property. That will be lifted once the crowd limits are gone, but there's no telling when that will be. In the meantime, it's a serious problem.

Not to mention passholders are limited to 3 park days if they are off-off property. That will be lifted once the crowd limits are gone, but there's no telling when that will be. In the meantime, it's a serious problem.
The upside, though, is that it's basically all green from here on out for APs with the increased capacity. I'm an AP and will likely be offsite, but haven't reserved any park days that far out yet - waiting in case I feel like doing a day or two before Nov.

The upside, though, is that it's basically all green from here on out for APs with the increased capacity. I'm an AP and will likely be offsite, but haven't reserved any park days that far out yet - waiting in case I feel like doing a day or two before Nov.

I just check availability, and you're right. That's wild! (Except Aug 7th, for some reason.) Unless the limits are removed, I wonder if that will hold up in November.

Not sure if this was an option in the “merch” section of registration, but does anyone know if they are offering memory maker/photo pass for the races?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter