Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

Family is staying at Riverside and we are all doing 5K. How does the race transportation work there? Usual bus stops? Or everyone to the main entrance?

Usual bus stops. The buses are usually shared with POFQ.

We stayed there for one of our races and I seem to remember leaving from the front. It’s possible that was just because of where we were located in the resort. It being 3:00 when I caught that bus I don’t even remember if it made other stops on the way out!
Edit to add: I also seem to remember only having race transportation signs for the expo at the front entrance too. So maybe it was only the front for expo and race morning transport and everything on the way back.

If a week ago, I gave you straight up even odds that the Wine and Dine Virtual 5K would sell out faster than the in person 5K, how many of you would have taken that bet?

Crazy. Nor do I understand the logic of not accepting as many registrations for $80 for sending out a few things at cost a handful of dollars.

Crazy. Nor do I understand the logic of not accepting as many registrations for $80 for sending out a few things at cost a handful of dollars.

I'm thinking it's because they want to drive people to the in-person events. Obviously those who do will spend more money on property, so if someone is super into the theme but taking the "easy" way out with virtual, perhaps a sellout would push them to go in person?

I'm thinking it's because they want to drive people to the in-person events. Obviously those who do will spend more money on property, so if someone is super into the theme but taking the "easy" way out with virtual, perhaps a sellout would push them to go in person?
And to think that, just a few short weeks ago, people were speculating that Disney was going to phase out all the in person events because they didn’t need to draw people on property and didn’t need the incremental spend they bring 😀

I have probably skipped over it, but had anyone mentioned what the courses will look like with all the construction going on in Epcot?

I have probably skipped over it, but had anyone mentioned what the courses will look like with all the construction going on in Epcot?

Nothing confirmed yet. I expect they'll work around it like they did with Princess 2020, based on whatever the current config at the time is.

What I want to know is what everyone’s planning between race and party! I don’t think I could do a full day in the parks between the two and be up for nearly 24 hours, I’m going to need a nap in there x.x

What I want to know is what everyone’s planning between race and party! I don’t think I could do a full day in the parks between the two and be up for nearly 24 hours, I’m going to need a nap in there x.x
To add to this- I want to know if they’ll let us in early enough to see Harmonious. If not, guess I’ll be getting a day ticket.

To add to this- I want to know if they’ll let us in early enough to see Harmonious. If not, guess I’ll be getting a day ticket.
I believe party tickets get you in park around 7 with park close/fireworks historicity at 9 and the party entertainment starting once day guests clear out (I’ve only done the 10K w/o party add on so not 100% certain)

I believe party tickets get you in park around 7 with park close/fireworks historicity at 9 and the party entertainment starting once day guests clear out (I’ve only done the 10K w/o party add on so not 100% certain)

That would be amazing, because then I could go take a nap/swim/whatever and recharge for a bit. But just in case that doesn't turn out to be the way it works we have hoppers for the day.

I did W&D HM in 2019 and this was how it worked. We may have even gotten in a little earlier than that.

Yes, NAP for me!! After the HM, we went back to the hotel and had something to eat - even got back in time to get breakfast - my favorite! The post-race food box doesn't really excite me. Then we showered and foam rolled and took a nap for a few hours before heading back to Epcot. I really enjoyed the party. They had a special race drink and everyone wears their medals. It's a good time!

I did W&D HM in 2019 and this was how it worked. We may have even gotten in a little earlier than that.

Yes, NAP for me!! After the HM, we went back to the hotel and had something to eat - even got back in time to get breakfast - my favorite! The post-race food box doesn't really excite me. Then we showered and foam rolled and took a nap for a few hours before heading back to Epcot. I really enjoyed the party. They had a special race drink and everyone wears their medals. It's a good time!

This sounds amazing, I’m so excited!!!!

Thanks for the info! I'm trying to decide if I want to go back and nap or make reservations for Wine Bar George brunch. Breakfast is my favorite, but I'm also a professional napper.

Sleep, always sleep for me! Maybe some TV. But off my feet, relaxing. Then I head over to EP for dinner pre-party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter