Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

keep in mind $25 per day hotel parking (if staying on site) - though I believe it covers parking at Parks too.

Off topic but can anyone confirm if this is still the case? We paid to park at Epcot in May even though we were on property but also didn't think to ask. I assume they scan your MB to confirm you are onsite?

All this talk of cars got me thinking- if we don’t have one for the weekend, how can my husband get around to cheer me on? Are there busses going anywhere other than the start/finish that early in the morning?

If you are staying at a Boardwalk resort and the race still runs through there they can see you on the boardwalk. I'm not sure what time the Skyliner starts but if they are staying at a Skyliner resort and it is running before the race ends they can take that to IG and head over to the boardwalk as well.

Last edited:

If you are staying at a Boardwalk report and the race still runs through there they can see you on the boardwalk. I'm not sure what time the Skyliner starts but if they are staying at a Skyliner resort and it is running before the race ends they can take that to IG and head over to the boardwalk as well.
That hurts! HAHAHA!! I tried all of my sources to get somewhere on Crescent Lake. The only thing available was Dolphin for over $1k per night. I should have booked the Swan Reserve when I saw it at $450/night, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Now I'm paying almost $400/night at GDT. At least my husband is excited to try Sangria University.

Off topic but can anyone confirm if this is still the case? We paid to park at Epcot in May even though we were on property but also didn't think to ask. I assume they scan your MB to confirm you are onsite?

From the WDW website....."Standard theme park parking is included for registered Guests of Disney Resort hotels and select Annual Passholders" Also, overnight parking varies from $15-20-25 depending on resort category. Ever since they did away with parking passes, I have just put a spare magic band in the car to hand over at the park entrances (That way I don't have to contort or take off the one I am wearing, or worry about which side window I need to pick)

Why do you think the 10K sold out relatively quickly, while all the other races are still open days later?

Is 10K a "sweet spot" distance for many runners...5K too short and crowded, HM too long? Is there anything about the 10K course (if it is like previous years) that is particularly appealing?

I have run the W&D HM 4 times but the W&D 10K only once. I did not enjoy the 10K as much because it was so crowded.

Why do you think the 10K sold out relatively quickly, while all the other races are still open days later?

Is 10K a "sweet spot" distance for many runners...5K too short and crowded, HM too long? Is there anything about the 10K course (if it is like previous years) that is particularly appealing?

I have run the W&D HM 4 times but the W&D 10K only once. I did not enjoy the 10K as much because it was so crowded.

The 10k bibs and Challenge bibs are connected. So the solo 10k has the least availability of all the races. If say,

-12,000 runners can do 5k or 10k
-5,000 runners do Challenge

Then 12,000 5k bibs, and only 7,000 10k solo bibs are available.

My guess is that over time you will see the 10k open every so often because they are breaking up Challenge bibs into solo 10k and solo HM bibs with an eye on total number of runners in an event.

Thanks those of you who answered about parking. I saw a few posts online but they were all long enough ago I wanted to check. Now I feel like Disney owes me $25.

My suspicion is basically it is the shortest race that is timed and comes with a medal as opposed to rubber medallion (unless that changed).

ETA: I'm changing my answer to DopeyBadger's above. It is probably the right one.

My guess is it's Saturday, so locals don't have to take a day off from work and his "manageable" vs a distance that requires some training. I think all of us here take the training at least somewhat seriously and we also know that some people show up just to say they did a Disney race and walk a lot of it no matter the distance with no plan. So you have a few months to get in shape to get through it painlessly. (most people walk 6+ miles in the parks on any given day anyway) and it's a Saturday whereas the 5k is on Friday.

Thanks those of you who answered about parking. I saw a few posts online but they were all long enough ago I wanted to check. Now I feel like Disney owes me $25.

My suspicion is basically it is the shortest race that is timed and comes with a medal as opposed to rubber medallion (unless that changed).

ETA: I'm changing my answer to DopeyBadger's above. It is probably the right one.

All the medals are metal now. They switched the 5k medals over a few years ago.

Assuming you paid for parking with credit card? magic band? (and therefore have proof).....I would write to Guest Services and pursue a refund.

Virtual registration was very easy and quick this morning. Managed to get DH and I registered for 5K and Challenge with email confirmation prior to 1015 Eastern.

Congrats to all who registered, good luck, and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter