Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

How packed will the expo be late morning if we are just going in to grab our bibs and shirts and dont plan on shopping much? We are hoping to stay through the extra hours at MK Wednesday night and want to sleep in a little on Thursday. We have a late lunch planned at Yak and Yeti and would rather get the expo off our list before we head to AK but Im not sure what to expect on how long to allow and how Disney transport will be from Riviera and then from the expo to AK. Do they send buses fairly often throughout the day?
For Springtime Surprise this year, we didn’t shop, just grabbed our bibs and shirts. If I recall correctly, once we got there we were done in 20 minutes and that even included a shirt swap.

How packed will the expo be late morning if we are just going in to grab our bibs and shirts and dont plan on shopping much? We are hoping to stay through the extra hours at MK Wednesday night and want to sleep in a little on Thursday. We have a late lunch planned at Yak and Yeti and would rather get the expo off our list before we head to AK but Im not sure what to expect on how long to allow and how Disney transport will be from Riviera and then from the expo to AK. Do they send buses fairly often throughout the day?
Have you considered going to the expo after AK? The expo doesn’t close until 7pm and then you wouldn’t have to carry your gear around all day. Plus, I can pretty much guarantee there won’t be a line for bibs or shirts in the afternoon.

The race guide is (kinda up) it’s on the race guide website, but you still need a password to access it. Who is willing and able to hack it or guess the password? I’ve tried 2022 and rundisney.
Where exactly are you seeing the guide? I can't find it.

The race guide is (kinda up) it’s on the race guide website, but you still need a password to access it. Who is willing and able to hack it or guess the password? I’ve tried 2022 and rundisney.

Still no new certified course at USATF so if they are getting ready to publish the guide I think we might have the same courses as last year.

First Disney run, I have a few questions - will the big rides be running during the after party? Is it typically pretty packed at the Epcot after party? Can you get to the expo from a park to pick up bibs?

First Disney run, I have a few questions - will the big rides be running during the after party? Is it typically pretty packed at the Epcot after party? Can you get to the expo from a park to pick up bibs?
The big rides are scheduled to be running, according to this official video. I haven’t been to an after party yet, so I can’t speak to crowd levels. There are no buses from the parks to the expo, but you can hop a bus from a park to any resort and take a bus to the expo from there.

We entered Epcot via International Gateway last year shortly after party guests were allowed in and it was crazy packed. But, once the party officially starts and day guests leave, it's not packed, imo. Though, the character meet lines can be quite long (30+ mins).

We like going to MK or Epcot on expo day and walking to Contemporary or walking out international gateway to Boardwalk to catch an Expo bus since they don't run from the parks.

Hope you love your first RunDisney weekend!

It's not RunDisney2022 or WineandDine

Has it been password protected in the past? I'm assuming not. Okay, who else besides me has already checked the weather forecast for the race days? I've looked at Accuweather twice now already. :rolleyes1 I've never run Wine and Dine, but it seems like from previous reports that it's been all over the place. We've done Princess twice, and Springtime Surprise. Princess 2019 was super warm, and Princess 2020 was freezing. I will pack extra layers just in case, but it doesn't look like we will need them if the current forecast sticks around. Obviously I know a lot can change before then.

Just woke up from a dream where the routes and themes were not announced. You just found out while you were running the race. 😲

It's safe to say that race weekend has officially taken over my subconscious brain 🤪

Those races exist. There is a fell race in the UK that you show up and don't even know the distance. It could be 10 miles, could be 100. You find out when you start.

I hope at some point one of the Springtime Surprise races are an unannounced distance that you find out at the start.

Those races exist. There is a fell race in the UK that you show up and don't even know the distance. It could be 10 miles, could be 100. You find out when you start.

I hope at some point one of the Springtime Surprise races are an unannounced distance that you find out at the start.
In 2015 when we started the wine and dine half marathon that had been delayed due to weather- no one knew how long the course would be

We were told the course “had been modified”. I think we wound up running like 7.3 miles? A very random distance.

Memory Maker clarification:

I'm planning on purchasing a PhotoPass One Day Memory Maker for the Half. From my understanding, I can add 5 bibs to it for the race. Will it also include any pictures taken at the After Race Party that evening? Do I tap my RFID card to link to the account?

Hi all, Checking in to make sure that Hurricane Hannah's on Saturday at 2pm is still on?
Does anyone want to meet up for watching fireworks during the EPCOT afterparty?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter