• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

I'd be interested in splitting with someone. My mom will be running her first hm and it would be great to get some photos for her but I'm having a hard time justifying the total price for one or two photos that may or may not look good.
Message me if you are interested. We’ll be there for a 14 day trip, so I can add it to mine. If you are interested in sharing let me know. I did find someone else that was asking $20 a spot, which isn’t terrible. But that’s $80 for DH and me (we are both doing the challenge). That’s halfway to buying my own at that point. I searched Facebook, but couldn’t seem to come up with any pages for them. I wasn’t sure if share groups had been banned from the rundisney fb page.

One more thing to think about is you might not be hungry after your race. Everyone responds a little differently with some people starving for a big meal right after, some who just want someting small but no heavy breakfast meal, and still some with no appetite for hours. After my first full I wanted something in my stomach right away and the race had cottage cheese cups at the finish. I ate 3 or 4 of those but wasn't hungry again for hours.
Great point. On my long run days, I use a Tailwind Recovery drink right after. But after an hour or so, I’m hungry. So, I’m thinking I’ll be ready to eat.

Also, thanks to @Naomeri for the timing considerations. I’m going to push our reservation back some.

I'd be interested in splitting with someone. My mom will be running her first hm and it would be great to get some photos for her but I'm having a hard time justifying the total price for one or two photos that may or may not look good.

I'll be solo. I always purchase PhotoPass since it's hard for me to get good pictures by myself, whether in the park or in a race. You're welcome to one of my bib slots if you want, I've spent the money anyway ;)

Good news! Disney is opening earlier at DHS through early December.

Bad news - the one day this does not occur is the morning of Nov 6, meaning just a small window of time (maybe 10 minutes?) to try and get on a ride before the balloon ladies push through.

Good news! Disney is opening earlier at DHS through early December.

Bad news - the one day this does not occur is the morning of Nov 6, meaning just a small window of time (maybe 10 minutes?) to try and get on a ride before the balloon ladies push through.
You might need to start planning to ride ratatouille instead 😆.

I do really enjoy your enthusiasm for trying to fit in a ride though!

Does anyone have recommendations for their favorite waist pack/small backpack? This is our first race so I tried looking on RunDisney to see if there were sizing requirements but did see anything in FAQ. My daughter will need to have her inhaler with her and also wears glasses so she will need wipes in case of rain. I am not a pocket type of person and would rather just tough out a waist pack. We are hoping to theme the waist packs if we have time!

Does anyone have recommendations for their favorite waist pack/small backpack? This is our first race so I tried looking on RunDisney to see if there were sizing requirements but did see anything in FAQ. My daughter will need to have her inhaler with her and also wears glasses so she will need wipes in case of rain. I am not a pocket type of person and would rather just tough out a waist pack. We are hoping to theme the waist packs if we have time!

I like my Nathan's running belt. I didn't have the best luck with their customer service (I broke one of the holders and want to purchase a replacement), but the product is good.

I've had a Spibelt for years that I've used for races when I'm not carrying water. It's light and suits me well.

As a fellow glasses wearer, she would probably be better off wearing a hat or visor to keep the rain off of her glasses rather than carrying wipes. I can't imagine wipes doing much more than smearing the water around and making the issue worse during a run.

I bought one of these at the expo last year and really like it. I even used it in the parks, so I could carry a couple of cards and my phone. I think it would be perfect for her inhaler and a few other small things. Amazon has some of their pouches as well.

https://shop.theroosport.com/

How many of you get a cheap toss-away sweatshirt for the wait in the morning before a race and how many just tough it out and keep moving to keep warm? This is a shorter trip and we're trying to carry-on luggage only if possible.
Floridian here, who needs throwaway layers for temps under 70 lol! I have a stash of old cardigan sweaters, sweats, PJ bottoms, long sleeve race shirts I keep for just that purpose. But I also drive to WDW, so space-saving isn't an issue. With that necessity, I'd just go for Mylar blankets: they're tiny when folded up and should be adequate.

I also carry an inhaler and am partial to bottoms with pockets, but do also sometimes use a Fitletic running belt. I find Fitletic bounces less (not at all, actually) with an inhaler than Spibelt.

When do they typically release the course maps? (I'm getting excited!)

I don't remember when exactly the release them but you can usually find the course certificate on the USATF search page by now. That means either they are running late or they are re-using a course that has already been certified since a certification lasts years (usually 10).

If there was any construction that changes the course they can't do that since the measurements are precise but I'm not sure if there was significant construction between last year and this year.

It is also possible they aren't certifying the course but that is less likely.

I also carry an inhaler and am partial to bottoms with pockets, but do also sometimes use a Fitletic running belt. I find Fitletic bounces less (not at all, actually) with an inhaler than Spibelt.
I love my SPIbelt, but I could totally see that it would bounce with something as small and light as an inhaler in it and nothing else.

I use a FlipBelt for these races...and recently also got the extra waterproof "wallet" pouch you can clip inside to keep cash dry. I like FlipBelt because it basically feels like a waist band when wearing it and it doesn't move around or bounce when I run.

I also use a Flipbelt - not sure whether it would fit an inhaler but it works well if you just want to carry a phone/keys/gels. I will say I had to try out a few arrangements before I found one that worked. My phone was kind of annoying when I wore it in the front, but in the back it was fine.

How packed will the expo be late morning if we are just going in to grab our bibs and shirts and dont plan on shopping much? We are hoping to stay through the extra hours at MK Wednesday night and want to sleep in a little on Thursday. We have a late lunch planned at Yak and Yeti and would rather get the expo off our list before we head to AK but Im not sure what to expect on how long to allow and how Disney transport will be from Riviera and then from the expo to AK. Do they send buses fairly often throughout the day?

How packed will the expo be late morning if we are just going in to grab our bibs and shirts and dont plan on shopping much? We are hoping to stay through the extra hours at MK Wednesday night and want to sleep in a little on Thursday. We have a late lunch planned at Yak and Yeti and would rather get the expo off our list before we head to AK but Im not sure what to expect on how long to allow and how Disney transport will be from Riviera and then from the expo to AK. Do they send buses fairly often throughout the day?
Getting bibs and shirts takes very little time at all. The buses between the resorts and the expo run pretty often, but there are no buses between the expo and the parks, so you’d have to catch a bus to a resort and then to AK after you grab your stuff. The buses start from the resorts at about 9:30am, so depending on your definition of “sleeping in” you could still catch a fairly early bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter