Will FP be hard to get the first week in March?

rideswithchrist

DIS Veteran
We will be going to Disney next year the first week in March, but we may not have our tickets bought before the 60 day window to get FP.

How impossible would it be to get FP only 2-3 weeks before our trip?

When we went the last week in February a few years ago, we got all the FP we wanted just a few weeks before our trip, but I am hearing that the crowd levels are higher now and some rides like FOP are hard to get...and with Toy Story Land opening soon, I imagine Slinkydog will be a hard FP too.

Anyone book last minute for March and have no issue getting FP for Tier 1 rides?

It won't be as busy as later in March, due to Spring Break, but it could be busier than most of February.

First week of March is Mardi Gras, just a heads up. Lots of Louisiana folks (myself included) will head to WDW.

I go at Mardi Gras every year and it seems that when Mardi Gras is the Last week of Feb or First week of March, it is more crowded. Some school districts in the NE have Spring Break the 1st week of March.

My cousins were there the first week of March this year and got their tickets shortly beforehand. They were not able to get SDMT or FOP but seemed to get pretty much anything else they were interested in. It was busier than they had expected.

That is what I was wondering... I'm going to try my best to get our tickets at least the end of December so we can get the FP by the 60 day mark.
We really want to try FOP and my oldest son does not remember riding 7DMT so I want to get that again too and I just saw that it is Mardi Gras that week next year. Blah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter