Wilderness Lodge Room Request Help! Courtyard View...

shinez

If you are lucky enough to be at the beach, then y
Hi All!!
I am headed to uncharted territory for myself...across Bay Lake from the Poly to the WILD Wilderness Lodge! :cool1:
So, we booked a 'courtyard view' which is piglatin:scratchin to me... I heard rumors of requests so that you might get a chance to see Wishes or the electrical paradepixiedust:.. we are traveling with a toddler, who needs to nap, so need to be away from some noise level... any and all help and suggestions MOST welcome!!! Thanks in advance!:flower3::flower3::flower3:

Hi All!!
I am headed to uncharted territory for myself...across Bay Lake from the Poly to the WILD Wilderness Lodge! :cool1:
So, we booked a 'courtyard view' which is piglatin:scratchin to me... I heard rumors of requests so that you might get a chance to see Wishes or the electrical paradepixiedust:.. we are traveling with a toddler, who needs to nap, so need to be away from some noise level... any and all help and suggestions MOST welcome!!! Thanks in advance!:flower3::flower3::flower3:

Your best chance for a view of Wishes would actually be a Woods View...and that could be a better place for quiet too.

Depending on which courtyard view you get, it can be loud. The courtyard view overlooking the pool will have a decent view of the EWP but over the pool and all associated activities.

OH NO! I am getting all freaked out because I've never stayed here before, need all you WL experts to tell me the ins and outs and musts!! Where oh where do we ask to stay for a little bit of quiet that isn't a haul from the center of things? We are 'courtyard view' by default- nothing else is available... THANK YOU!!:thumbsup2

Five years ago my wife and I stayed at WL for an anniversary celebration. We booked a standard room but had the Disney Magic of an unexpected upgrade to Courtyard view. At check in, I simply asked for a quiet room, and we got the Courtyard. It was wonderful, and it was indeed quiet. I have heard that rooms opening onto the lobby can get loud, particularly at night, with sounds coming out of Whispering Canyons restaurant. We could, indeed, see the electrical water pageant from our balcony. I absolutely love WL, and even though we'll be staying at POR this May, we'll definitely make a trip to the lodge to enjoy it's ambiance for a few hours.

Take a look at a WL photo taken from Bay Lake as opposed to the front of the resort. The beauty you see is the inner courtyard. I would suggest adding "view of Silver Springs" a.k.a. The waterfall and you'll be away from the pool and awaken every morning by the sound of the waterfall. This also may be soothing as your little one naps.;). With an inner courtyard view you would be able to see EWP. (You can see some of wishes from some woods view rooms)

A court view could also get you a view on the Villas side of the WL. Very quiet there.

Most importantly, any questions you could ever think of are answered here

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2969675

It is a fabulous thread by the infamous :thumbsup2 WDWKook.

Enjoy!

Hi All!!

WL is like a horseshoe. The inside of the horseshoe is were the feature pool is located. It can get quite noisey during the day. Besides the regular swimmers, there are lots of games/activities for kids. If you want this view, ask to overlook the feature pool.

Another "pool view" room may overlook the pool between the lodge and villa's. No lifeguards or games. So this view is much quieter. If you want this, ask to overlook the villa's pool.

A Woods view room can overlook several places, depending on the wing. We had a room on the 4th floor overlooking a small pond. It was quite pretty watching the natural wildlife. We could also see part of the MK fireworks (obstructed by trees). Our room was very quiet.

The only rooms were you have a good view of the water parade are the rooms at the very end of the "horeshoe". I'm pretty sure these are the deluxe rooms. (Mini suites)

Enjoy! WL is a beautiful resort and a great choice for little ones. You are never very far from anything in the lodge.

OMG! You guys are sooo awesome!!:cool1: I am so used to requesting longhouses, this all in one package is foreign to me! Lastly, what floor would be best? Too high, too low, to noisey? Thoughts??:listen:

I wouldn't worry too much, in general WL is much smaller and quieter than most WDW resorts. Unlike some of the monorail resorts WL is not a transportation hub, and there are fewer visitors stopping by, thus IMO it is very kid friendly and quiet. I've stayed there multiple times, courtyard/woods view/concierge level/villas... They are all the same. There are just two things I suggest:
1) Stay away from ground level, especially with a toddler, unless you don't mind him or her running into the bushes. Plus you can hear the grounds crew doing their thing.
2) Request a room that is not near the stairway, this is the only time I was irritated by noise. I'm a light sleeper, it was not voices and footsteps but the slamming door that got to me.

It's a small resort packed with plenty of theming, I think you'll enjoy it. Once you get off the boat or bus you'll feel a sense of calm and you should sleep just fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!