Why pick WeGoShop or GardenGrocer over Disney?

This thread should be closed and a new one started if needed, since it is from 2008.
That's weird. It was on the front page when I responded---but it looks like I'm the one that bumped it. Odd!

This thread should be closed and a new one started if needed, since it is from 2008. Much too confusing in that it lists prices & other information that is no longer accurate.
Yep. Wong answer, Bwian!

we love wegoshop and have always had great experiences with them. Marge is no longer the owner as she turned over the business a few years ago but it is still wonderful!!!

we love wegoshop and have always had great experiences with them. Marge is no longer the owner as she turned over the business a few years ago but it is still wonderful!!!

Yes...

Two years ago we had a guy deliver to us and he was really nice. It was the first time our DD was in Disney and we had a huge convo about stuff and family. This year we found out that his family moved and they turned the business over to a new woman. She was also very nice and accomodating.

So as long as they offer the same service with a smile, i am sure we will continue to use them! LOL! :)

If you only need a few basic items: milk, bread, OJ going through Disney MIGHT be OK - I say might because the one and only time I ordered through Disney they "lost" my faxed order list and I never received the delivery and just shopped myself on the evening of arrival.

We are big fans of wegoshop. I like that you can send a free-form shopping list (I create one in Excel with item, size, brand, substitition instructions, etc.) Wegoshop has always been dependable and very helpful. They once stopped at Costco and bought us a $40 stroller because I forgot ours! Also, I like that I can order groceries, wine, beer, etc. all from the same source.

Good luck! :)

If you only need a few basic items: milk, bread, OJ going through Disney MIGHT be OK - I say might because the one and only time I ordered through Disney they "lost" my faxed order list and I never received the delivery and just shopped myself on the evening of arrival.

I've used WeGoShop three times and they have always been great. I've also used the Disney service a couple of times just to have some basics in the room for when we arrived late after a long flight from the UK. Not so good!

The first time, they couldn't read my credit card number from the fax, so we ended up having to go over to the store to pay and collect when we got there - rather defeating the object!

The second time I wrote my cc number nice and clearly, but still no groceries in the room when we arrived, so went over the store again to find out the problem this time. Apparently they had been delivered - to a lady with the same first name as me in the room above!! After our order had been put together for the second time, I think I heard the person delivering them mention that the other lady would be getting her (surprise) groceries for free - I presume because the only way they could get payment for them would be from my credit card. Sometimes I wish I had been a little less British and made a bit more of a fuss! Needless to say we didn't bother using the Disney service last time.

Selection.

And by selection it not only means that actually groceries but also the store. We feed our kids (mainly) organic or natural food so when I found out that there was a Whole Foods around the other stores. Marge did 85% of her shopping there and for some other items (ie: bottled water or non organic things) she looks at the ads to see if she can get it cheaper.

In the end I saved a TON of money rather than eating in the park for almost every meal. She was definitely worth every charge and the additional tip that was given. WELL worth it.

:thumbsup2

We used WeGoShop for the first time last March, and I will continue to use them anytime we are traveling without a car.

I made my list for Walmart, so I was able to get the frozen pizza I like that I can only find there, as well as some store brand stuff like Great Value pancake mix and syrup. The produce and alcohol was very reasonable there as well.

They called me just before we boarded our plane in Chicago and let us know that they had delivered our groceries to bell services and what the total price was. They evidentally put the perishables in the fridge/freezer themselves because they told me they put our beer in the fridge so it would be cold when we arrived. Wonderful service!

When we checked in at the resort, bell services delivered the groceries to our room.

At first glance, Disney prices don't seem too bad, but Disney products are often smaller sizes. For example bacon costs $4.95 for 1/2 a lb.

you get exactly what you want, the sizes you want and if you have coupons they will use them for you so you save big bucks. We had them buy our alcoholic beverages, mixers, breakfast items etc and if we'd had disney buy them it would have cost us three times as much with very limited variety :(

You can get whatever you want with Garden Grocer or Wegoshop. I've heard good things about both but I have only used Garden Grocer. I never had groceries delivered before but I had a pretty big group staying with me at THV in August (8 people total) so I decided to put in an order. The grocery order was pretty large and included adult beverages, I used GG and they got it right and delivered everything on time. I looked at GG and Wegoshop before I ordered and I went with GG because I found their website to be a little more user friendly.

I have used both as well and prefer Garden Grocer. I found the Wegoshop fees too high and even though I had more flexibility in my order with we go and could get what I wanted, substitutions were made (even though I stated I would rather have NONE, than a substitute). The reason I was given, oh most people don't mind that I substitute and they like this product better. Well noo, not everyone may like that product better. Also, I had an issue that my groceries were delivered in bags that had obviously been around a smoker. Eck! So back to garden grocer for my next trip.

I went with the store at OKW for groceries on my last trip because I thought we only needed a couple of things. It worked out, sort of, but I really missed real food from WeGoShop and will never go with the limited Disney selection again.

I just submitted our order for next week's trip and know we'll eat well while we're there. Our order includes lots of foods like broccoli, steak, whole cantaloupe, and russet potatoes, which you can't get from Disney.

We used GG and love them. I always have the groceries delivered about the same time as our flight arrives so they are waiting at Bell Services. We also always order items not included in their list. I always order very specific soda (diet Dr Pepper in 12 oz bottles as an example) and we always order bottled beer.

We have never had a problem!

For a couple of items, I would buy from Disney, otherwise use GG.

We used GG in the past and had great experiences. We decided to try WEGOSHOP this year and had a really negative experience. When I placed the order I was told we had to be there to accept it because we ordered alcohol. I told the woman to forget it, I was going to go through GG (they did not require this when we ordered alcohol on past orders) because I didn't want to be tied to the resort waiting for our delivery.
The person who runs WEGO then said not to worry, they would go around me and I should call when our room was ready. Needless to say, we were in MK around 12:00 (room was not ready) when she called me, quite annoyed, and said her employee was waiting for me at the resort. I reminded her of our discussion (which I had in an email) and she said she told me they could not do that. Needless to say, I knew that was completely incorrect because I would have definitely changed my order to GG if she had said that, not to mention I felt my confirmation email resolved the issue.
Not knowing what to do, I left my family, going into Pirates of the Caribbean, and started to head back to the resort. The employee then called and said she would leave our order at the resort even though they were not supposed to do that. This was our recent experience and we will not be using WEGO in the future.

I have used GG in the past and have been very happy with the service. As I went in to create my order for next week's trip I noticed that the price of a case of water was high($9-$10).

While I realize it is still much cheaper than buying at the park, I don't recall paying such a premium in the past.

I am now wondering what other products I am paying a premium for as GG seems to have caught on to the popular choices by Disney travelers.

Has this caused anyone else to reconsider who they use?:confused3

We used GG in the past and had great experiences. We decided to try WEGOSHOP this year and had a really negative experience. When I placed the order I was told we had to be there to accept it because we ordered alcohol. I told the woman to forget it, I was going to go through GG (they did not require this when we ordered alcohol on past orders) because I didn't want to be tied to the resort waiting for our delivery.
The person who runs WEGO then said not to worry, they would go around me and I should call when our room was ready. Needless to say, we were in MK around 12:00 (room was not ready) when she called me, quite annoyed, and said her employee was waiting for me at the resort. I reminded her of our discussion (which I had in an email) and she said she told me they could not do that. Needless to say, I knew that was completely incorrect because I would have definitely changed my order to GG if she had said that, not to mention I felt my confirmation email resolved the issue.
Not knowing what to do, I left my family, going into Pirates of the Caribbean, and started to head back to the resort. The employee then called and said she would leave our order at the resort even though they were not supposed to do that. This was our recent experience and we will not be using WEGO in the future.
I've used WGS since the early 2000's and always suopported them. Our last experience was not so good. Since the recent change in ownership the personal touch is lacking. It seems that they would rather just do Bell servide drop offs rather than room delivery. I like to double check my order and address any issues right then. I was told my selected delivery time was booked and the groceries would be left at Bell Services if I provided my Credit card. The groceries were left at Bell Services at exactly the time I had requested. Several of the items were incorrect but not enough to warrant a call to WGS. My DH's big complaint was I had requested store brands but all of our deli meats were of the very expensive brand. I will be rethinking our spring trip delivery options.

We used Garden Grocer this past September, and everything was fine. They left our things at bell services and they brought it to our room when it was ready.
I think we paid $5.00 for a case of water - but we selected "store brand" or something like that? I noticed that the name brand water was a little more expensive....

Latest posts

facebook twitter