Why do Hispanics strongly support Hillary Clinton?

Someone asked me this and I couldn't really answer it.

Help?
Without being too blunt about it, I think it's more that they oppose Barack Obama than they support Hillary.

I wouldn't say "Hispanics" do anything. They aren't a monolithic block that acts as a group.

If you are asking why so many people who are Hispanic support Hillary, it's probably because they think she would make a good president.

I wouldn't say "Hispanics" do anything. They aren't a monolithic block that acts as a group. Now, there are a whole lot of people you could categorize as Hispanic who do lots of different things.

If you are asking why so many people who are Hispanic support Hillary, it's probably because they think she would make a good president.

I'm pretty sure people understood what I meant without me saying, but since you think not, then...

Why does Hillary have such strong support from a large percentage of the Hispanic population? According to all polls, news outlets, and primary results.

And this isn't a "baiting" question.

I think Hispanics have just as many different political opinions as other 'groups'.

I'm not crazy about Clinton or Obama, nor any of the Republicans, for that matter & you can label me with any number of tags, as well as 'Hispanic'~

You gotta just laugh at how many times all these 'pundits' and labelmakers have been wrong :rotfl2:

Jean

I wouldn't say "Hispanics" do anything. They aren't a monolithic block that acts as a group.

We need to educate said people immediately and show them the error of their ways! ;)

Well, apparently this is an offensive question, for which I have no idea why. But sorry, no harm meant, so I will bow out now.

Why does Hillary have such strong support from a large percentage of the Hispanic population? According to all polls, news outlets, and primary results.
Again, I think most people support people for president because they thing they would make a good president. Why should this group be any different?

I think that overall as a group they were quite happy with the policies of Bill when he was in office, and the Clinton's formed a strong alliance amongst the community. Nothing against Barack there, I think Hillary has been in the mix for a very long time as has her husband.... some relationships will always be. I think that's why they're saying younger Latino's aren't necessarily in her camp, but the older ones are, they remember the Clinton years...

Again, I think most people support people for president because they thing they would make a good president. Why should this group be any different?

THAT is the question. Now you may not want to deal with the issue and that is fine, however polling has indicated that a larger percentage of the hispanic population supports Hillary over Obama. That is a fact. It is also a fact that Obama is drawing more of the black vote than Clinton. You may prattle on and on about how no particular group can be characterized but it is a legitimate question.

Well, apparently this is an offensive question, for which I have no idea why. But sorry, no harm meant, so I will bow out now.

No offense taken! :hug:

You are not the one who originated that opinion, it is being bandied about on all the networks. Just as in the past 'soccer moms' were thought to vote in a bloc manner and all looked a certain way and held the same views.

How many other 'labels' do those Hispanics fall under? If anyone's asking, no one's telling.

Jean

I think that overall as a group they were quite happy with the policies of Bill when he was in office, and the Clinton's formed a strong alliance amongst the community. Nothing against Barack there, I think Hillary has been in the mix for a very long time as has her husband.... some relationships will always be. I think that's why they're saying younger Latino's aren't necessarily in her camp, but the older ones are, they remember the Clinton years...

Thanks.:) That's all I was looking for.

good, I am glad to hear that it has nothing to do with Bill Clinton's pardoning of the FALN terrorists. That's a relief!

THAT is the question. Now you may not want to deal with the issue and that is fine, however polling has indicated that a larger percentage of the hispanic population supports Hillary over Obama. That is a fact. It is also a fact that Obama is drawing more of the black vote than Clinton. You may prattle on and on about how no particular group can be characterized but it is a legitimate question.
I'm not sure if the question is "legitimate" or not, I'm not sure there are any good answers.

"Hispanics" is an incredible diverse group of people. I don't think many of them are choosing who to support based on their family origin. Do you?

If their behavior isn't being driven by their Hispanic-ness, I don't think you can come up with an answer.

ITA! Not all hispanics support Hillary. In fact I personally know of some who can't stand her ;)

Someone asked me this and I couldn't really answer it.

Help?

Really? That's news to me! :lmao: No one in my family likes her nor would vote for her. There is one registered democrat in my family, he voted for Obama.

Thank you. I remember a thread that asked a question about African Americans in the same light. :furious: If I wrote a thread asking "why do white people like someone" everyone would be up in odds...:scared1:

Um DH is hispanic and he is as far from a Hillary supporter that you can be. As are most of his relatives- so I don't think a generalization is a way to look at it.

You know, this came about as watching the news coverage on Super-Tuesday they were stating that she will carry California because of the amount of support she has from the Hispanic community. So then, all we wanted to know was why, did she do something specifically for the Hispanic community that no other candidate could or would (or promise something). I really had no understanding of it. That's all folks.:)

Sorry to disappoint most of you, but there was no underlying racist motive to this question.

By the way, I'm a mutt. Italian, German, Irish, and Puerto Rican. (since we're all stating our nationalities) ;0

You know, this came about as watching the news coverage on Super-Tuesday they were stating that she will carry California because of the amount of support she has from the Hispanic community. So then, all we wanted to know was why, did she do something specifically for the Hispanic community that no other candidate could or would. I really had no understanding of it. That's all folks.:)

Sorry to disappoint most of you, but there was no underlying racist motive to this question.

By the way, I'm a mutt. Italian, German, Irish, and Puerto Rican. (since we're all stating our nationalities) ;0
Don't worry about it. You could have asked why paper towels are absorbant and you would have gotten the same attitude from most of the people that answered. Don't question anything about anything around here unless you want to be labled an idiot. I'm with you though, I have no idea. Good luck around here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter