Why Castmembers Hate DVC Members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Chuck S. Wonder if we have a troll here. Perhaps not, but it is possible.

wdwzues said:
WOW...I don't think I have read too many things that were more judgemental or predjudiced in my life. Unfortunately, for me, the good intents and good advice of the OP get hard to swallow when you consider the source is the same one as the one who has made this incredible judgment.

Good post and good point. I am not trying to be judgemental, I am trying to be brutally honest to get a point across. Cast Members do not like to work at DVC resorts (is that generalization, yes but is it the majority, yes). There are a number of things that DVC members to that put off Cast Members and create a horrible enviroment for other DVC Members to exist in. Do we intentionally treat you as 2nd Class, no. Is it a result of the behavior that other Members set, yes.

A good cast member would treat each quest with the highest regard, especially until that guest gave them a very good reason to be treated differently There are are bad apples in every barrel and that includes CM's and DVC members.

To make a blanket statement to state: Why CM's hate DVC members states that you lump everyone in the same category. I can't imagine you would want to be treated that way.

I would never treat a CM badly, just because at some point in my many visits another CM treated me badly. That would be rude and very petty.

Personally with this attitude I am glad you have moved on, it seems it was time to do so. I just wish I knew where you had moved to, I might want to avoid that area too. :)

I am sure you do encounter these DVC members you describe, however coming to this forum to vent is preaching to the choir. We discuss these rude guests all the time on this forum. For example read the thread about saving chairs at the pools.

LibertyBelle said:
As a CM with obviously a different outlook on DVC members I say Welcome Home you guys ROCK!

Thank you LibertyBelle! It is cast members like you that made me love WDW so much that I joined DVC!

LibertyBelle I just want to say thank you and that you are the kind of CM that I am used to dealing with, the wonderful kind that makes me want to buy into DVC and go back again and again over the next 40 years. :grouphug:

While I liked the admenities at BCV (theming, pool, overall resort) the best, I did notice that the CM at OKW were the nicest and best. When a person likes their job and where they work is shows. I must admite I am spoiled by better then average CM at WDW resorts and I do expect the same wonderful treatment every trip. This is one reason I love WDW and DVC.

Thanks for reminding us just how wonderful DVC/WDW CM are! Keep up the great work.

Great to have people of different perspectves. I have to agree that the OP is not fit for customer service. Try computer work....

Muushka said:
That makes sense. Phewwww. I thought we were getting bashed from fellow DVCers too!
i would never bash a fellow for no reason..................

To all the naughty DVC'er, sit back, relax. You could be home mowing the lawn or AT WORK!!!!! :charac2:

Chuck S said:
[/i]

Muuska, I think what bongo was trying to say (bongo, correct me if I am wrong) was that the OP realized that the majority of DVC members are from the NE corridor and purposefully targeted them to get a "rise " out of them. In otherwords, the OP was being purposefully inflammatory.

CORRECT, i would never do something like this

While there are "good" members and "naughty" members in the view of this CM, the same division pretty much exists throughout the tourist industry. You are going to get demanding guests, rude guests, etc., etc. I think the insinuation of people buying on credit being ruder is probably pretty baseless. I wouldn't be surprised to find some of the wealthiest members are the first to holler and the last to tip. ;)

If you find this line of work so upsetting you might want to consider working somewhere that doesn't deal with the public. The public "in general" is getting ruder and more demanding. Widespread Internet sharing of experiences is creating a larger group of people with unreal expectations and ideas on how to get things "for free". I think you'll soon find similar circumstances throughout the resort industry. DVC members didn't cause you to lose a star -- it's the general atmosphere of WDW that makes it hard to earn stars. The GF is not a DVC but can't attain 5-star status because they also don't want to close off the resort - take a look at the folks lying around the lobby sleeping in the afternoon and you'll see what keeps the 5th start just beyond grasp. ;)

Since you were so kind to share your helpful comments I will share one with you. If you are a Disney employee I would be careful what you share on a public Internet site. However well intentioned you may have thought you were being, you are basically insulting many DVC guest. Things have a way of getting back to Disney in ways you least expect. While you may think these thoughts and share them with your friends and co-workers "off the clock", I'd be careful sharing them in a public forum. My guess is that a CM would know better and that Chuck S and Doctor P are on the money. ;)

i have already forwarded this thread to corporate HQ at Disney. I am a disney shareholder and i want them to know about this list and what is being said by their employees.........the more i ruminate over it the more pissed off i am getting

Notice how we haven't heard from this person since??? Do I detect a fraud in our midst?

bongo59 said:
i have already forwarded this thread to corporate HQ at Disney. I am a disney shareholder and i want them to know about this list and what is being said by their employees.........the more i ruminate oer it the more pissed off i am getting

I doubt the OP is really a CM, well, except maybe at Universal. :earboy2:

well they can get the person identity if they really want it trust me..........i think it should be looked into...........no one should work for this company and do this type of thing............especially the list thing that really gets me and truthfully if that ever came out the stock would get killed on the street given the current litigation stance of shareholders...........they "aint" to happy with eisner right now and all this stuff about ovitz coming out is not what i would call good news for us shareholders

bongo59 said:
i have already forwarded this thread to corporate HQ at Disney. I am a disney shareholder and i want them to know about this list and what is being said by their employees.........the more i ruminate over it the more pissed off i am getting

The only problem with this, as stated you don't know for sure if this person truely is a CM. I find it very hard to believe a current Front Desk manager would post this.

Hmmm, interesting thread.....

A few thoughts from my experiences....

HH and VB were built as DVC resorts. We have been to both several times and enjoy each one immensely. HH in particular has a great cast - including the youth counselors and Blue Crabbe.

The guests at those resorts are primarily DVC members.

OKW is the same way - the cast there is simply wonderful - and generally speaking - the friendliest we have encountered at WDW. That resort was a DVC resort from the ground up.

WL is a different story. We have found the several times we have stayed or pool hopped there that the cast - especially the front desk is a bit stand-offish. The first time we stayed there on points, I noted a distinct change in attitude when I told them we were staying on points.

I wonder if there, as well as BW and CC, where DVC was added on, if there is a sense that the additional rooms have diluted what was there before?

AS many have said, there are good and bad people and DVC membership has their share.

I agree with the preceding posters that this person is a troll. If he is a WDC employee, he is syptomatic of the ailments being suffered throughout the Kingdom.

Maybe its really Eisner in disguide veniting his frustration to all of us? :D :D

Me too. sammie........... but much like someone else posted here if something in your room was broken you would call the front desk to get help............i am looking at this post in the same light...........something is wrong and i dont like it and trust me i go to all the shareholder meetings and i get up and ask alot of questions..........i have met all on the disney board and have been quite lucky to get some very valuable emails.............and i have decided to use them tonight. Whether it is truw or not this post goes against everything WDW stands for. It needs to be looked at

PHP:
I cant speak for everyone but I have never complained about ANYTHING and I would bet I tip better than you and for that I am offended.

[I]Right there Rick you prove how you are one of the Naughty members, maybe not a bad naughty but still the same you are one that will demand compensation in it's many forms[/I]

I'm sorry guys, I'm just an uncultured couth from the sticks.. and I just don't get what the OP was saying here. So, if you are a DVC person and go with the flow and not complain you are just "naughty", but if you are a DVC person AND you voice a complaint.. you are "bad naughty"?

So... my next question... which one of us 88, 000 "bad and/or bad naughty" DVC'ers is going to forward this link to DVD and ask about the "naughty list"? I haven't been on ANYBODY's list for some time, I would really like to know if I am on it. How many reams do you think it is? Does each DVC resort have "a list"? Poll anyone?

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel REALLY offended that if we speak up about unsatisfactory service we get branded as a poor guest? albeit SOME members, (I tink an extremely small percentage of the DVC population) have gone overboard and been entirely unreasonble in their complaints.., but then, heat makes me irritable too. And I am quite unpredictable if I don't take my medications as scheduled, and am very volitile if my blood sugar drops below a certain level..
(for all you CMs reading this, it is sarcasm, don't add it to my profile please)

For the record tho.. I did call engeneering to get a lint trap for the dryer that was missing once.. I din't want to start a fire. Oh.. I also called housekeeping to replace the spatula that was missing so I could turn my now burned food.. Umm, I do believe I also called for extra pillows once. But let me reflect if I ever actually complained.. was it when Guest services lost over half of our luggage and my SIL and myself spent over a half hour ALONE in BCV storage room looking for it?.. no.. not a big enough issue that time.. How about when BCV guest services allowed 50-60 bucks of food that needed refrigeration sit out all day?.. Hmmmm nope, not then either. How about when the ONE time I used valet services and no less than three people stuck out there hand for a tip? Uh Uh.. But I self park now and lug my own stuff. I prefer to be the judge of when a service warrents a tip, and I don't base it on their salary (or lack of it) either. Maybe I should demand my clients tip me.. I'm "kinda" in a tipable profession.. at least in Europe anyway.

Anyway, I now choose NOT to use valet parking. Low salary or not, I'm not going to tip two or three guys getting two or three pieces of luggage from my trunk, and then stand there with their hands out. Nope, I'll save them the embarassment though and lug my own stuff.. ain't that why they call it luggage? Maybe if enough of us don't use valet parking or guest services to haul stuff, maybe we could lighten our cost of ownership a bit.

THE ONLY TIME I ever made an *** of myself was before I was a DVC member and was staying in a (gasp.. I could hardly afford it) moderate resort. I was fortunate to have a manager that listened to my issues, took the time to educate me on what the package I purchased entailed (and not what I was previously told by Non Disney folks). He even offered to replace the underwear the dryer ruined, but they were older ones and I didn't feel right having Disney buy me new ones although I really would like a pair of Micky Boxers. I told DW not to worry, nobody should be looking at her brassieres anyway.

Mr Desk Manager, I do hope the grass is now greener for you. Quite frankly, the only folk I have seen having a meltdown have been NON DVC members, but then, I don't get out as much as those sophisticated folk from New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.

gscott8075 said:
Hmmm, interesting thread.....

A few thoughts from my experiences....

HH and VB were built as DVC resorts. We have been to both several times and enjoy each one immensely. HH in particular has a great cast - including the youth counselors and Blue Crabbe.

The guests at those resorts are primarily DVC members.

OKW is the same way - the cast there is simply wonderful - and generally speaking - the friendliest we have encountered at WDW. That resort was a DVC resort from the ground up.

WL is a different story. We have found the several times we have stayed or pool hopped there that the cast - especially the front desk is a bit stand-offish. The first time we stayed there on points, I noted a distinct change in attitude when I told them we were staying on points.

I wonder if there, as well as BW and CC, where DVC was added on, if there is a sense that the additional rooms have diluted what was there before?

AS many have said, there are good and bad people and DVC membership has their share.

I agree with the preceding posters that this person is a troll. If he is a WDC employee, he is syptomatic of the ailments being suffered throughout the Kingdom.

Maybe its really Eisner in disguide veniting his frustration to all of us? :D :D

Look at the profile, more like angry young twenty something.

I've now stayed at all the DVC resorts except SSR and HHI. There was a very distinct difference in the interaction level from VWL to the others. As you said very standoffish, and maybe even moreso after I made the one person aware I was in the villas.

At all the other places including BCV where I just was for the first time, the cm's I've interacted with were all warm and helpful to best of their ability.

And the addons were at BC and WL, think you typoed there. BW was built from the beginning as a split resort. And I don't get that feeling there either. Just from my stay at VWL do I really get the feeling they're not happy with DVC being there.

I'm bad if I can afford DVC. I'm bad if I can't. I'm obviously bad if I'm from certain states in the North East. You can pretty much assume that anyone who stays in a DVC room is bad - mostly, generally that is. People are leaving DVC resorts in droves because we are all mean, rotten bad people who hate vacations, hate Disney and hate anyone who can crack a smile. And that's why we bought in and keep going back again and again - to spread our misery...??? :cool1:

Sounds like burnout to me. Consider the many hints for a career change as really important --- a sign.

I am in the process of becoming a DVC Member and was very excited about it. After reading this I just feel sad and afraid. I am from PA and not rich. Does that mean that I am going to be consider mean and nasty. I don't want to be a part of anything that will make my family feel less, it would kill me to see anybody (CM's or anyother) treating my family bad or hating them just beacause we are the wrong color, from a certain place, or DVC members. This sure takes the magical part out of the DVC idea. I have been to Disney 5 times, Disneyland 1 time and been to the Disney Cruise 1 time. All of those occacions where magical for me and my girls. All the CMs that we encounter where just wonderful they made us feel like we were in the happiest place on earth. I believed it and wanted to be a part of it. Not anymore, Not like this. I am sorry about what you have and been going thrugh and hope you can forgive and heal, you will be happier then.

Until next time
Margarita

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!