Why Castmembers Hate DVC Members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bongo59 said:
i have info that says the majority of DVC owners are from the NE corridor so i think the author also knows it as well..............

Double ouch....

Originally Posted by bongo59
i have info that says the majority of DVC owners are from the NE corridor so i think the author also knows it as well..............

Muushka said:
Double ouch....

Muuska, I think what bongo was trying to say (bongo, correct me if I am wrong) was that the OP realized that the majority of DVC members are from the NE corridor and purposefully targeted them to get a "rise " out of them. In otherwords, the OP was being purposefully inflammatory.

While I don't disagree with some of the OP's points I do disagree with lumping all DVC'ers into one group. Would he appreciate me saying all CM's are bad? No I don't think so.

As for earlier members of DVC having more class - I find that part very funny. You see when we went down to Member Homecoming we were on a tour with one older gentlemen. He went on and on about he had owned DVC since the beginning, that there was only one true DVC resort (OKW), and that he was sick and tired of all these new people coming in. He hounded the poor DVC rep for the entire tour on how he should still be getting his free tickets. Yeah he had a lot of class - NOT! Now he is just one person from that early group that I had contact with - I wouldn't lump all the other early buyers in it so why should the OP lump everyone who bought after a certain date into the same type.

Are there DVC'ers who are idiots and can't figure out anything about DVC and instead of doing research just post stupid question after stupid question? Sure

Are there DVC'ers who yell at and belittle cast members especially about things they can't control? Sure

Are there DVC'ers who are kind, considerate, resonable and tip well? You bet.

All those same things could be said of non DVC'ers staying everywhere from the Grand Floridian to Pop Century.

There are rude people in this world. There are stupid people in this world.
SOME of them are DVC'ers. SOME of them are cast members. SOME of them are just ordinary people.

I prefer to treat each person as an individual and not lump them all together.

Ok, let's settle this, give us the list of the names of "nasty" Dvc members and we'll go take care of it! Seriously!! I don't think that Dvc members are more a pain in the butt than the non. The Cm's at Hilton Head told us they prefer the dvc members vs. the nondvc members because we are more fun to be around and treat them like family, they said the nondvc members treat them like towel boys. I think society as a whole has gotten to be more concerned about themselves and not about the other person. If we would all treat others like we want to be treated, doubt there would be as many problems in the world. In the end, the ones who act like spoiled brats only hurt themselves because they are ruining their own vacation.

Wow, talk about ignorant...Assuming all DVC'rs are like this???? I haven't even gone my 1st DVC trip, and I can assure you, I was not raised to be rude, nor were most of us I can safely assume. I have been in customer service my whole working life, and it can get rough. But I have never generalized, nor have I mage disparaging remarks about people's class. Gee, I'm from Boston, should In be thrown into that New York, New Jersey, Penn group, even though you don't know me?????? I'm sure the people from the aforementioned states really appreciate this persons attitude.
I am sure there have been rude DVC'rs, it's human nature that some people are just going to be that way, and that's unfortunate for them, they're missing the point. But for the rest of us, we just want to have a good time on vacation!! I have never complained, never made demands, and I just spent a lot of money to join DVC and am happy about it!
I'm glad this person no longer works there, wouldn't want this person's rotten attitude around me.
I haven't been called bad/naughty in many years.

While I am highly offended by the OP's implication that good manners are related to income (it certainly diminishes the OPs credibility, in my book), this thread will certainly make me even more likely to say "Thanks!" and write notes to management about good CMs. I guess that we have been lucky because we have had MANY occasions to send letters of praise about CMs and have almost never encountered CMs who seem as unhappy as the OP. We have made friends with a warm and kind mousekeeper and a very helpful manager at BWV after receiving great service. We also instruct our guests about the necessity of tipping, especially those young ones who are new to traveling independently.
So here's to the wonderful CMs we always seem to meet, and here's a note to self to show appreciation at every possible occasion.

Absolutly! Well said Jekjones. I have never, not once encountered an irate CM (haven't been on my 1st DVC trip yet) and I have always appreciated their kindness. I will make sure to always thank them as much as I can.

I hope that the CMs also keep a list of the kind, considerate, perfect DVC owners! I know myself too well, that I would never make such a list, but I like to think that maybe my son or daughter may make it onto such a list when it's passed onto them. God forbid any of us end up on the 'naughty' DVC list! I seem to attract minor 'foul ups' even without being on such a list. I've learned to choose my battles. I won't always be confrontational, but I won't allow myself or family to be in an unhappy situation especially for a 1 week! Took too much trouble getting my DH to buy into this whole deal. You know what I mean!

Oh! I do tip well! :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cool1:

Ok I would hate to think that I get worse service because I am DVC and therefore Cast Members are biasted against me. I don't think I deserve better service then any other person, but my experince being a WDW guest and non DVC member for 6 years before buying is WDW resorst give good services. When we stayed at YC in 2001 non DVC and we were upgraded to a water view for free and was allowed a late check out (that we asked very nicely for since it was 50 degrees the whole time we were there and the last day it finally hit over 60 and we wanted to swim for 45 min before we had to leave to go back to frezzing Michigan) I would hope that I wouldn't be denied the same serivces just and be tread worse then cash WDW guests. I understand no free upgrade, I understand fee for chaning room, I am preparied for it and I check my room over througly before I tip the cast member so IF a change is required (mostly smokey room) we can do so right away. I know about less mousekeeping serivces. I knew when I bought, I am preparid and have never found any of this to be a problem.

I must admit my hubby hates to tip someone when he can do it himself, so he would rather park the car then do Valet, and does. But when it comes to bell services they don't offer an alternitive. More then once we were moving rooms in the resort and wanted to use a cart, to move it ourselves. No go. Ok, we moved it oursevles, many trips. I wonder if we were a non dvc member if we would of been offered help. (we weren't even offered bell services.)

I am sorry you had some bad experinces with DVC members at your resort. I think most of the members here are very nice people who conduct themselves that way. I know I never yell at anyone, that just isn't who I am. However I do strongly belive if there is a problem you do have to allert managment to it, or they don't know to change it. However yelling or belittling insn't nessasry.

I know I have 40 years of DVC vacations ahead of me. I know I am not going to get the best room every time. I must admit it is more important to me when I take friends, I know I have been many times, but they haven't and really want it to be specail for them. You know how it is, when you take friends to your favorite restrant, you just love the place, but the one time you take them you have the worset serive? I would hate that to happen at DVC.

So to sum up my long windded post, I don't expect to be treated better, but don't think we should be second class either. (Like we got your money, deal with it, disney magic is for "paying guests".)

You need to get another job or attend some customer service training!! People who have invested in DVC have invested a good deal of money, regardless of your statement "easy mortgage terms"!!!!! And your comment about NY, NJ or Penn. residents was totally unjustified!! I am from NY (upstate), and not pleased with your comments!! Maybe if you were paying the dues and payments most DVC members are paying you would be talking a little differently. Just this a.m., I read a post from a DVC member who booked at VWL eleven months out and requested non-smoking. She shows up and you tell her she is getting a "smoking optional" room - what is that about! Don't you get it that some people may be allergic to smoke! The cast member then proceeds to give the woman a hard time - tell me honestly, would you be pleased when you specifically asked for something else eleven months prior to be given the complete opposite!!! Then a cast member somehow finds the woman a non-smoking room after she contacts member services - WHERE DID THE ROOM COME FROM THAT YOU DIDN'T HAVE TWENTY MINUTES EARLIER!!!!!!! My family always tips above and beyond and treats cast members with respect.......YOU NEED TO FIND YOURSELF ANOTHER JOB - DVC MEMBERS DON'T NEED SOMEONE LIKE YOU WAITING ON THEM - THEY ARE JUST TOO GOOD!!!!

Interesting thread, it make me wonder. Does the attitude of the OP towards DVC members transcend to all CM's at all DVC resorts, or is his/her impression indicative of what he/she experienced at the particular location in which he/she was employed which as he/she said was a 1/2 hotel/1/2 villas. With that said, has anyone considered that maybe the attitude amongst the CM's towards DVC'ers at that particular resort, might be a result of a trickle down attitude from the management at that particular resort? And, maybe the DVC'ers at that resort truly have had something to complain about on occasion, and maybe taken things a bit too far which may or may not have resulted in "diamonds" being lost. That being said, who is really at fault, the paying guest or the management? Something to ponder I think?

I suspect that the MAJORITY of DVCers are neither "naughty" or "nice" - quietly checking into the rooms they've been given, perhaps pointing out that they HAD requested non-smoking and this was a smoking room, but accepting "I'm sorry, we don't have a non-smoking room available." Complaining about things like dirty linens and bathrooms. These people don't impact CMs too much one way or another and don't stick in anyone's mind.

Then there are the "nice" ones, few and far between they go out of their way to make the CMs day. Its generally difficult to do this, and I'd guess front desk CMs see the least of it - housekeeping probably gets the most in the form of "I did run the dishwasher, and you are welcome to take the left over food" at checkout.

There are naughty ones however, we know that - and one naughty member stands out and ten unbotrusive ones can't make up the difference. People yelling at BW desk staff to get a BW view room they didn't book. People making up complaints to get comped tickets or dinner. People calling the front desk about a baby crying at 7am next door (babies cry, get over it) and demanding resolution ("ma'am, how about we stop in that room and drug that child for you?" ) People demanding early check in - or who don't vacate the room until 2:00 and yell at the management when the management tries to get them out. People who feel "ownership" comes with a huge scoop of entitlement. And, finally, people who want trees chopped down because they are spoiling their view.

Boy my response to this post didn't come out! So here it is in full

As Drtomorrow pointed out:

<Are there unpleasant DVC guests? Yes. Are there unpleasant guests at non-DVC resorts? Also yes.>

I'd like to add:

Are there unpleasant CM's? Obviously!

Boy my response to this post didn't come out! So here it is in full

As Drtomorrow pointed out:

Are there unpleasant DVC guests? Yes. Are there unpleasant guests at non-DVC resorts? Also yes.

I'd like to add:

Are there unpleasant CM's? Obviously!

Interesting perspectives/comments.

Although I don't agree with some of your characterizations of DVC members, I would generally expect DVC guest psychographics to be different than non-DVC guests. Greater income levels, greater experience with the process and level of confidence at check-in, higher level of WDW fanaticism than typical guests, and greater expectations given our financial investment are dimensions that would drive different behaviors. This is not an excuse for rude or inconsiderate behavior. However, CMs have to acknowledge that DVC members are more wdw-savvy and likely more discerning of good or bad customer service.

The rest of this business, bad tippers, demanding guests, rude cm’s, and cm mistakes… this can be found everywhere… not just at DVC resorts.

The OP must have been the Manager that I encountered at ASMusic.Maybe that is where he is at now.This guy hated the world. :rolleyes:

So...no one else has noticed that the OP was "new", posted 3 inflammatory posts and has "fled"? I still say (s)he is a troll, and possibly not a CM at all.

Chuck S said:
So...no one else has noticed that the OP was "new", posted 3 inflammatory posts and has "fled"? I still say (s)he is a troll, and possibly not a CM at all.
That is what I am beginning to think.
Maybe he tried to purchase into DVC and was turned down :earseek:

Okay, I tip, and do say thank you....

but I do always seem to end up calling Maintenance, and Housekeeping, for 2 or 3 things every trip, the first or second day.

I notice stuff is broken, etc... report it, and say, no emergency, but could you please fix it in the day while we're gone. I do this to save the next person from having problems, but no I wonder if that's putting me on the pain in the you-know-what list....

I am really just trying to help. Opinions.

And I always stuff the dishwasher and start it before we leave, and then call Housekeeping to say they can start cleaning. (Especially, if we check out early, so they can get it ready early for the next guest, and hopefully, they won't have to wait til 4 p.m.)

Chuck S said:
[/i]

Muuska, I think what bongo was trying to say (bongo, correct me if I am wrong) was that the OP realized that the majority of DVC members are from the NE corridor and purposefully targeted them to get a "rise " out of them. In otherwords, the OP was being purposefully inflammatory.

That makes sense. Phewwww. I thought we were getting bashed from fellow DVCers too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter