Why can't you add park hopper passes to your before or after stays?

kimerinc

Ariels Mom
Does anyone know why you can book hotels as an add on to your cruise, but not park hopper tickets? I have WDW hotel rooms but have had to purchase park hopper tickets, MVMCP tickets and anything else seperately. When we were just at WDW, we had everything on our room key in one package. When I called WDW they said my TA had to do it. My TA called and said we had to buy them seperately so she just put them on our card and waived her commission. Is this odd?

kimerinc said:
Does anyone know why you can book hotels as an add on to your cruise, but not park hopper tickets? I have WDW hotel rooms but have had to purchase park hopper tickets, MVMCP tickets and anything else seperately. When we were just at WDW, we had everything on our room key in one package. When I called WDW they said my TA had to do it. My TA called and said we had to buy them seperately so she just put them on our card and waived her commission. Is this odd?

That's not right, Kim! You are doing the dining plan too, right? You have to purchase that as a package...or at least I thought that you did. You aren't doing a land/sea so that isn't a factor. Why is your TA adding it on to your cruise though? She should simply book it seperately since you are on a 7 day. There isn't any benefit to booking it as an addon. Hmmm....

LIsa,

I have the days as an add on to my cruise. We did not do the dining plan this time, but had to buy park hopper seperately. Maybe it would have been cheaper to just do the 3 days before as a seperate vacation, but that did not make sense... Any experience with this?

Kim

That's exactly how we treat our time in the parks before or after the cruise. We do the 7 day so there is no normal package like the land/sea. There also seems to be restrictions put on DCL's add ons at the parks...like not being able to add the dining package. You need to ask about that on our cruise thread. There are lots of us doing the DP and with the TS meals that you have talked about so far...that would be the way to go IMO.

I did exactly as Lisa said and had my TA book a separate "land" and "sea" reservation for each portion of the trip. The land portion is a stay at the Poly with tickets, dining and hotel all in one package. The sea is the 4 day Wonder cruise. She was able to do this no problem, and we even got the AAA discount for all of it (she's a AAA TA). Maybe TA isn't Disney saavy and didn't realize you can do this? It would be worth it for you to make the land reservations on your own to get it all consolidated into one package, rather than do it the way your TA has it planned.
Andrea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter