Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

Just went over and checked out your TR. What a great start!!

So when are you going to start a PTR for your next trip?:lmao::rotfl2:
No rush.:rolleyes1

I'm happy to have you over on the trip report. I move like a snail on my trip reports I'm thinking that it'll be a while before I start the pre-trip report. :rotfl: I am working on an installment now and hope to get it posted before I leave work. You know....the work that pays....'cause once I get home and get to the work that doesn't pay....I don't have much time to Dis. :lmao:

I cant decide between March or May. I prefer May, but looking at the promos from this year, May only had a room discount of 5% - 30% on the room. March had free dining! With 6 of us this year, Im thinking free dining will be the better deal since we are stay at a moderate (2 rooms).

I am also arriving the same day as well! :thumbsup2 My first time going to WDW in the Spring.

Out of all our previous trips, May has been my favorite! :love: So I'm super excited to get to plan another May trip! Don't get me wrong, I still want to go see the other events (Halloween and Christmas) ... but for a general trip, May is amazing!

I forgot to tell ya'll that I had my trip report started. Hopefully, writing the trip report will help the time pass until we are back in the "world" in May, 2013. Ya'll are welcome to come along for the ride. The link is in my signature below.

Oooo! Heading there shortly! :thumbsup2 When in May are you planning to return?

I noticed that too! Yes, I hope to start a PTR soon. Where are you staying?

No where near as awesome of choices you have selected! But I'm excited nonetheless! We'll be a family of 5 next year since we're bringing DN for her first ever trip! (It's also her 5th birthday that week!!!) SO we'll be enjoying a room with absolutely no storage at POR. :lmao::rotfl2:

I cant decide between March or May. I prefer May, but looking at the promos from this year, May only had a room discount of 5% - 30% on the room. March had free dining! With 6 of us this year, Im thinking free dining will be the better deal since we are stay at a moderate (2 rooms).

Just keep in mind, we never know what promos will be released at any time. :thumbsup2 I got FD in May 2011. I also got PINs for March and May of this year (but we booked March with the GP FD promo). You can always plan for one and if FD isn't released (or you don't get a PIN), you can change it.

I think most families get a better deal with FD, but any discount is better than rack rate! :goodvibes I'm planning out costs based on FD and a % off RO so I can figure out how much I need to save up .. as surely WDW will have some sort of discount available ... even if it's not the one I want. :hippie:

Right now, our dates are May 22nd through June 1st. I have the 2012-2013 school calendar already and it looks like Hunter might miss a few days at the end of school. Since he's moving up to high school, I'm not sure if that would be okay or not. I've got a call in to one of our friends who works in the school office to see what she thinks.

Right now, our dates are May 22nd through June 1st. I have the 2012-2013 school calendar already and it looks like Hunter might miss a few days at the end of school. Since he's moving up to high school, I'm not sure if that would be okay or not. I've got a call in to one of our friends who works in the school office to see what she thinks.

We will be there at the same time if everything works out. The plans for right now are May 26-June 1st. (Though I am hoping to add another day.:rolleyes1) I had the same problem. My kids will still be in school when we are planning on going on our trip. I am lucky that they are still in grade school and will only be missing less than a day and a half so I am sure there will be no problems.

Awww! :guilty: We'd miss you guys then. We will be there 11-18th. You guys look like so much fun to hang with. Now I shall sulk. :sad:

And it's great to check on policy! Our kids will be missing a few days, but as long as the teachers and principal know, they're okay with it -- pending the kids don't miss a TON of days during the year ... :thumbsup2 If either of my kiddos struggles academically, we'd definitely reconsider our dates or make other arrangements so the kiddo struggling doesn't miss out on needed learning time. :goodvibes

Out of all our previous trips, May has been my favorite! :love: So I'm super excited to get to plan another May trip! Don't get me wrong, I still want to go see the other events (Halloween and Christmas) ... but for a general trip, May is amazing!

No where near as awesome of choices you have selected! But I'm excited nonetheless! We'll be a family of 5 next year since we're bringing DN for her first ever trip! (It's also her 5th birthday that week!!!) SO we'll be enjoying a room with absolutely no storage at POR. :lmao::rotfl2:

Just keep in mind, we never know what promos will be released at any time. :thumbsup2 I got FD in May 2011. I also got PINs for March and May of this year (but we booked March with the GP FD promo). You can always plan for one and if FD isn't released (or you don't get a PIN), you can change it.

I think most families get a better deal with FD, but any discount is better than rack rate! :goodvibes I'm planning out costs based on FD and a % off RO so I can figure out how much I need to save up .. as surely WDW will have some sort of discount available ... even if it's not the one I want. :hippie:

FD would be awesome, we have never been able to go during a FD time and have never even done the dining plan

We will be there at the same time if everything works out. The plans for right now are May 26-June 1st. (Though I am hoping to add another day.:rolleyes1) I had the same problem. My kids will still be in school when we are planning on going on our trip. I am lucky that they are still in grade school and will only be missing less than a day and a half so I am sure there will be no problems.

We took him out of school a few days early this year so that we could have two days in Disney prior to our cruise and it was fine. He didn't miss out on any school activities or tests. With high school, it may be a different story.

Awww! :guilty: We'd miss you guys then. We will be there 11-18th. You guys look like so much fun to hang with. Now I shall sulk. :sad:

And it's great to check on policy! Our kids will be missing a few days, but as long as the teachers and principal know, they're okay with it -- pending the kids don't miss a TON of days during the year ... :thumbsup2 If either of my kiddos struggles academically, we'd definitely reconsider our dates or make other arrangements so the kiddo struggling doesn't miss out on needed learning time. :goodvibes

Maybe one day our travel dates will overlap. :rolleyes:

So far, Hunter's never had to take any make-up tests or do final testing since his grades have been above average. I'm not sure if that's the way it works in high school though. Even if I did have to change up our dates, it would only be by a week.

Hi Everyone! We are planning our WDW trip for May 22nd-June 1st :banana:
My trip originally was supposed to be a week for our DD 2nd bday (I basically had it planned during my pregnancy lol) and then we got engaged (!!) and I decided well we need to get married while we are there :love: and have now extended the trip! We decided on the Royal Pacific (not Disney I know but that was a little expensive and I love RPs beach location) but we are still staying on Disney property and I am in full planning mode and I'm sure driving my DF and family crazy :laughing:
Now reading everything I'm not sure what to do, we are planning on renting DVC points (prob thru David's unless I can find something on here) and staying at either BLT or BCV and treat ourselves since its a big special trip for us! Doing the DP and getting 8 or 9 day hoppers and I can put in for my DVC request on Friday. Now I don't know if I should wait till the deals come out and see what we can get that way. Can we get free dining if that's a deal even if we rent the points? Or would we have to book thru Disney? I wanted to get everything planned ASAP and you can't cancel once you book with DVCrequest and I don't wanna lose out for the chance of a deal.... :confused: hmmmmm gives me even more to think about haha!!

We are going May 9th to the 16th and then 2 days at Port Canaveral and then a 7 day cruise! I am hoping for a free dining offer for the WDW part of the trip? Any thoughts on this happening?

What day are you all arriving?

We will be arriving Saturday May 11. Since we will be flying from SLC, we may take a red eye on Friday night and get there early. It is a LONG flight.

So stoked!! I am kinda hoping for maybe a dismeet if anyone is up to it!:flower3:

FD would be awesome, we have never been able to go during a FD time and have never even done the dining plan

I absolutely love the DDP! We've been on FD for May 2011 and March 2012. Even if we just got a RO (or another offer), we'd still book the DDP. We've always found it a great way to save money AND we don't have to worry about food cost since it's "paid in advance"!

Hi Everyone! We are planning our WDW trip for May 22nd-June 1st :banana:
My trip originally was supposed to be a week for our DD 2nd bday (I basically had it planned during my pregnancy lol) and then we got engaged (!!) and I decided well we need to get married while we are there :love: and have now extended the trip! We decided on the Royal Pacific (not Disney I know but that was a little expensive and I love RPs beach location) but we are still staying on Disney property and I am in full planning mode and I'm sure driving my DF and family crazy :laughing:
Now reading everything I'm not sure what to do, we are planning on renting DVC points (prob thru David's unless I can find something on here) and staying at either BLT or BCV and treat ourselves since its a big special trip for us! Doing the DP and getting 8 or 9 day hoppers and I can put in for my DVC request on Friday. Now I don't know if I should wait till the deals come out and see what we can get that way. Can we get free dining if that's a deal even if we rent the points? Or would we have to book thru Disney? I wanted to get everything planned ASAP and you can't cancel once you book with DVCrequest and I don't wanna lose out for the chance of a deal.... :confused: hmmmmm gives me even more to think about haha!!

Congratulations!!!

And if I'm mistaken, I'm sure someone will correct me ... but AFAIK, if you book through renting points, you can't take advantage of ANY special discounts. Your "special discount" would be the purchased points. At least this is what I'm understanding from all the research I've done when trying to decide to book a resort or rent someone's points.

So with so many of us anxiously awaiting for a May 2013 Code I thought I would start a planning thread. Hope you all join me.;)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2945623

There is already a May 2013 thread ... but more than one won't hurt. :lmao:

Here's the link to the other May 2013 thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2820611

We will be arriving Saturday May 11. Since we will be flying from SLC, we may take a red eye on Friday night and get there early. It is a LONG flight.

So stoked!! I am kinda hoping for maybe a dismeet if anyone is up to it!:flower3:

I'm always looking for DISmeets! Maybe when we get closer and everyone has figured out their schedules, we can try to work out some potential DISmeets! :cool1:

Congratulations!!!

And if I'm mistaken, I'm sure someone will correct me ... but AFAIK, if you book through renting points, you can't take advantage of ANY special discounts. Your "special discount" would be the purchased points. At least this is what I'm understanding from all the research I've done when trying to decide to book a resort or rent someone's points.

Thank you!! :)
I figured this was the case :sad1: but no worries I'm thinking if we spilt the trip half rented points at BLT, half thru Disney at CRB, it's the same price as rening the whole points for the whole time and if we end up with free dining for the half booked thru Disney, I save $500, so that's a win! :thumbsup2 Hopefully, FD will be an offer for all of us!

We just got returned from a fabulous stay 5/26-6/3. We booked a bounceback for Halloween - but now that we are back in the *real world* :rolleyes2 we realize we are not ready (nor is our budget) for a trip so soon - so we are going again for the same week next year - it seems sooo far away..:sad:
The good news - we have absolutely NO idea where we are staying..definately a Deluxe...this past trip we were completely spoiled at AKL - no turning back to a Value. So I get to spend some time researching and planning on *WHERE* we will end up. Kids and hubby want to go back to AKL - we LOVED it there - but I want try something new..Beach Club? Boardwalk? Poly? :scratchin We shall see...but with a Deluxe as a definate...mommy needs a good discount! :surfweb:

We are the 9 - 16, but on the 11th we will be spending the day in Daytona! My hubby is going to be driving the NASCAR's and then we are going to go to the beach and have dinner somewhere!

P.S. I love Mother's day in the World, what park do you all plan on spending Mother's day? :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter