Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

Corrine 1973, we will be in the world the same week and at the same resort! Maybe we will bump into each other!

Robin

That would be great Robin, I love bumping into my Disfriends at the Parks. I am proud to say that I have spent at least a couple of hours with a Disfriend during every trip I have taken. :thumbsup2 I have started a PTR if you want to check it out.

Planning on taking my DN4 with us for her first WDW trip May 2013! Fingers are crossed for a discount! :goodvibes

Liddy's here.:banana::banana::banana:party: It's not a party with out you here girl. To bad you are planning your trip at the beginning of May and I am planning mine for the end of May. It would have been great to see you again. I am sure our girls would have gotten along famously.:hug:

Liddy's here.:banana::banana::banana:party: It's not a party with out you here girl. To bad you are planning your trip at the beginning of May and I am planning mine for the end of May. It would have been great to see you again. I am sure our girls would have gotten along famously.:hug:

Mid-May would be better for us, but we still haven't exactly agreed on any dates. :thumbsup2 And yes, the girls would get along great!!!

Mind if I join in? We just returned from a two night pre-cruise stay at the CBR, a cruise on the Disney Dream to the Bahamas (our first cruise), followed by a six night stay at the CBR. I've gotta admit that cruising wasn't our "thing" so we came away from the vacation a little disappointed. So, what's a gal to do but plan another trip. Right now, we are looking to go back to WDW May 21st to June 1st, 2013. I'd love to get some sort of discount like we have gotten in the past.

Mind if I join in? We just returned from a two night pre-cruise stay at the CBR, a cruise on the Disney Dream to the Bahamas (our first cruise), followed by a six night stay at the CBR. I've gotta admit that cruising wasn't our "thing" so we came away from the vacation a little disappointed. So, what's a gal to do but plan another trip. Right now, we are looking to go back to WDW May 21st to June 1st, 2013. I'd love to get some sort of discount like we have gotten in the past.

Hi there and welcome to our thread! I have always thought about taking a cruise, but just not sure if it would be our thing either.

I booked our rental car yesterday for our drive down (yep, we are the crazy people who drive from Nebraska and love it)! So excited that I have something booked for our trip! Now, if they would just hurry up and release packages........:goodvibes

Hi there and welcome to our thread! I have always thought about taking a cruise, but just not sure if it would be our thing either.

I booked our rental car yesterday for our drive down (yep, we are the crazy people who drive from Nebraska and love it)! So excited that I have something booked for our trip! Now, if they would just hurry up and release packages........:goodvibes

While we did enjoy portions of the cruise, it's just not our "thing". We are used to spending all of our time on Disney property and we found ourselves wishing we were in Walt Disney World. Oh well, we can now say we've been on a Disney cruise, to the Bahamas and a private island. :thumbsup2

How long is the drive from Nebraska to WDW? Our drive was about 15 hours.

While we did enjoy portions of the cruise, it's just not our "thing". We are used to spending all of our time on Disney property and we found ourselves wishing we were in Walt Disney World. Oh well, we can now say we've been on a Disney cruise, to the Bahamas and a private island. :thumbsup2

How long is the drive from Nebraska to WDW? Our drive was about 15 hours.

That is exactly why we have never cruised. We love running the parks and I think we would be missing them the whole time! Maybe we will change our minds one day..........but I would LOVE to see the Bahamas and the island looks heavenly!:cloud9:

Our drive is about 26 hours including stops. We have done it twice now. We usually leave when DH gets off work (5PM) and drive down to Platte City, MO (about 3 1/2 hours away). Spend the night here. Then we get up at 3AM and drive to Dothan, AL (got there about 7PM). Then got up the next day and drove the 6 hours to Disney! We have seen some beautiful scenery on our drive. :goodvibes

Where do you all drive from? Do you like the drive too?

That is exactly why we have never cruised. We love running the parks and I think we would be missing them the whole time! Maybe we will change our minds one day..........but I would LOVE to see the Bahamas and the island looks heavenly!:cloud9:

Our drive is about 26 hours including stops. We have done it twice now. We usually leave when DH gets off work (5PM) and drive down to Platte City, MO (about 3 1/2 hours away). Spend the night here. Then we get up at 3AM and drive to Dothan, AL (got there about 7PM). Then got up the next day and drove the 6 hours to Disney! We have seen some beautiful scenery on our drive. :goodvibes

Where do you all drive from? Do you like the drive too?

The cruise's saving grace(s) were the pirate deck party, the teen club for our 15 year old and Castaway Cay. Other than that, it was a bust for us. Everybody always raves about the food, the entertainment, etc. but it was just "okay" for our family.

Oh my, I thought our 15 to 16 hour drive from Louisiana was long. I can't imagine 26 hours. (Actually I can since we made the 25 hour drive...straight through...to Durango, Colorado twice) At least you break down your driving into several shorter stops. We leave after I get off work too and drive until Midnight or 1 a.m. which puts us close to the 1/2 way point. We drive the rest of the way the next day. I wish we had pretty scenery on our way to Disney. Everything we see if pretty blah.

I'll be starting my latest trip report soon. I'll post the link here in case anybody is interesting in reading along. We usually have some pretty funny stories to share and this trip was no exception. I won't reveal the entire name of my trip report title but let's just say that it includes the words "you'll need to see security".:eek::lmao::guilty::rotfl:

We are in for 2013 too!! Cindermomma we are right there with you. We drive from Iowa and get all kinds of crazy looks from friends and family when they hear we are driving. My husband and I love the time in the car when the kids are just ours. We would have love to have gone this year to disney, but we are waiting until our "surprise" youngest is two. The older two kids, 15 and 11, love the drive too. My husband amd I love the drive through Tennesse.

Can't wait to go again.

For now, I enjoy planning next year's big trip.:goodvibes

We drive too. We are in Central Illinois, so not quite as long. We usually leave around 8:00am and stay around Atlanta, GA the first night. Get up the next morning and make the rest of the trip. Usually get to WDW about 2:00pm. It is a time commitment but we do mostly enjoy the drive.

We are excited to being able to go to WDW in May again. Used to go in May when son was younger, but once he was in school, we had to wait for June. He just started college and next year will finish final exams mid May. Told him and his girlfriend to have their bags packed because we are pulling out the morning after their last final exam.

We drive too. We are in Central Illinois, so not quite as long. We usually leave around 8:00am and stay around Atlanta, GA the first night. Get up the next morning and make the rest of the trip. Usually get to WDW about 2:00pm. It is a time commitment but we do mostly enjoy the drive.

We are excited to being able to go to WDW in May again. Used to go in May when son was younger, but once he was in school, we had to wait for June. He just started college and next year will finish final exams mid May. Told him and his girlfriend to have their bags packed because we are pulling out the morning after their last final exam.

Hey, I am also from Illinois but I am from Northern Illinois (just west of Gurnee Mills).

I have yet to drive to WDW, but since the last trip and the next trip were with just children there is no way I going to do that drive by myself. If I had another driver or two I would definatly think about it. Or if I was ever able to afford to take all 4 of my kids at one time, It would probably be a lot cheaper. As of right now it's a little bit cheaper to fly for us. :)

Mind if I join??? Looking at the 11th through the 17th. We are bringing B&SIL with their 3 kids for their 1st trip. We have always traveled as a "solo" family, so group touring will be new to us. Can't wait, hoping for a great discount!!! Woohoo!

I am joining in.......just asked on another thread if anyone ever gets free dining in May.......room discount would work too......can't wait......really hoping we can make a special girls week work!:love:

Hey, I am also from Illinois but I am from Northern Illinois (just west of Gurnee Mills).

I have yet to drive to WDW, but since the last trip and the next trip were with just children there is no way I going to do that drive by myself. If I had another driver or two I would definatly think about it. Or if I was ever able to afford to take all 4 of my kids at one time, It would probably be a lot cheaper. As of right now it's a little bit cheaper to fly for us. :)

I don't blame you at all. That is a long drive to make as an only driver. It would be about the same cost for us to fly since we can fly directly from Bloomington to Orlando. But, wife doesn't reallly like to fly so we go ahead and drive. Plus, having our car there does have it's perks for us. I usually make a trip to the grocery store the first night there. We like to keep bottled water and other drinks in our room. We also get easy breakfast items so that we can eat a quick breakfast before going to the park and also some snack items for later in the day.

The cruise's saving grace(s) were the pirate deck party, the teen club for our 15 year old and Castaway Cay. Other than that, it was a bust for us. Everybody always raves about the food, the entertainment, etc. but it was just "okay" for our family.

Oh my, I thought our 15 to 16 hour drive from Louisiana was long. I can't imagine 26 hours. (Actually I can since we made the 25 hour drive...straight through...to Durango, Colorado twice) At least you break down your driving into several shorter stops. We leave after I get off work too and drive until Midnight or 1 a.m. which puts us close to the 1/2 way point. We drive the rest of the way the next day. I wish we had pretty scenery on our way to Disney. Everything we see if pretty blah.

I'll be starting my latest trip report soon. I'll post the link here in case anybody is interesting in reading along. We usually have some pretty funny stories to share and this trip was no exception. I won't reveal the entire name of my trip report title but let's just say that it includes the words "you'll need to see security".:eek::lmao::guilty::rotfl:

Any scenery is usually better than cornfields - which is all we pretty much see - LOL.......:rotfl2: Your drive sounds like it's broken up nice too! Stopping on the way just gives you a nice break! I would LOVE to see Louisiana - someday......:cloud9:

Can't wait for your trip report! I love reading them and getting excited for our next trip. Please post when you have it up and going! :goodvibes

Also - if you add pics - could you please tell me how to do that? I would like to try to do a pre-trip report. Thanks!

We are in for 2013 too!! Cindermomma we are right there with you. We drive from Iowa and get all kinds of crazy looks from friends and family when they hear we are driving. My husband and I love the time in the car when the kids are just ours. We would have love to have gone this year to disney, but we are waiting until our "surprise" youngest is two. The older two kids, 15 and 11, love the drive too. My husband amd I love the drive through Tennesse.

Can't wait to go again.

For now, I enjoy planning next year's big trip.:goodvibes

Another midwest driver! What is your route? My DH and DS11 love the drive too. DS brings movies, his games, books, ect. So nice to hear that we aren't the only "crazy" people!! :rotfl:

The way we drive, we aren't in TN very long - just through Memphis and then we are in Mississippi - which is just beautiful!

I can't wait for our next trip either!! When are you going? We are going around 5/28.......:goodvibes

Mind if I join??? Looking at the 11th through the 17th. We are bringing B&SIL with their 3 kids for their 1st trip. We have always traveled as a "solo" family, so group touring will be new to us. Can't wait, hoping for a great discount!!! Woohoo!

Please join and welcome!!! We are hoping for a great discount too!! Woot! Woot! :cool1:

Travelling as a big family together should be fun! Hope your planning goes smoothly! :goodvibes

:wizard:
I am joining in.......just asked on another thread if anyone ever gets free dining in May.......room discount would work too......can't wait......really hoping we can make a special girls week work!:love:

Hi and welcome! About the free dining - we have been 3 times in May and have gotten free dining for 2 of those trips. All trips were at the end of May (Memorial Weekend). The first trip was a pin code that I really didn't have, but got a nice CM who gave it to me anyway and the 2nd trip (last year) was a general population pin that anyone could have - so Free Dining is a possibility! And I am HOPING that we get it again!! :wizard:

So if we book now for May 2013, we can lock in the current rate and then apply any discount that may become avail between now and then? We are looking at the first week in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter