Who's going in June and where are you staying?

We are going to be going in June! we will be there from June 1st to June 12th.
We will be staying at the WL for the first time. :sunny: I can not wait. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We are going June 11-18! Spliting stay between CSR and YC! 3 months and counting.... :cheer2:

mapmakerj said:
I know this is off topic but, I need help from all the people going in June. I am planning a 6/06 trip and have never been in the summer. I posted a thread on 2 boards asking for help in deciding between mid-june and late july and I am now getting scared off by the responses. All of my replies were extremely negative toward going in summer at all. Most said they would choose neither. If anyone can give me some advise on Disney in June I would really, really appreciate it. We have to plan around school now, DS will be in Kindergarten and DH does not want to pull him out. Thank you so much :confused3

Hi mapmakerj

Wow... I'm surprised there are so many negative comments about going in the summer?? Really... don't sweat it :). We went in June 2003 (7th - 18th) and stayed at the Swan.

We had an awesome time. Sure it was hot in the afternoon but if you're staying on site it's no big deal at all. At the time we went with our son who was 3 at the time and he had a blast. We brought our stroller with hats, sunscreen, and small insulated water bottles with ice water that hung off the stroller (or ourselves with straps). Just remember to go out a bit earlier and head back to the resort for a swim/rest in the afternoon. I'm sure your DS like ours will have had enough by the afternoon and be ready for a break. It's actually really nice to jump into a resort pool when it's really hot out. :sunny:

Remember too that June has the most rain of any of the months too. This scared us off at first before our travel but what we found out was that on some days in the afternoon it will pour rain (and I mean pour) for about half an hour (or less). Then the sun comes back out and everything is cooled down for a while. It's actually a nice break.

So... don't worry at all about going in June and for heaven sakes don't cancel your trip because of it. We're going back this year to the Dolphin and staying May 29th to June 9th. We all can't wait!!

Andy

My ds (9) and i will be at POP from June 16-19 and then at the VWL from June 19-24!

Thank you so much for your insight. It does make me feel a bit better hearing that you had a good time in June and that you are going back. I hope everyone going this June has a great time during the 50th anniversary celebration!

mapmakerj said:
I know this is off topic but, I need help from all the people going in June. I am planning a 6/06 trip and have never been in the summer. I posted a thread on 2 boards asking for help in deciding between mid-june and late july and I am now getting scared off by the responses. All of my replies were extremely negative toward going in summer at all. Most said they would choose neither. If anyone can give me some advise on Disney in June I would really, really appreciate it. We have to plan around school now, DS will be in Kindergarten and DH does not want to pull him out. Thank you so much :confused3

I know I'm in the minority of thought here but good for you for using the school vacations for taking your vacation! We also work our Disney trips around school holiday times and haven't been disappointed yet! We're going June 14-24 this year. Check the "Unofficial Guide's" listing of which days to avoid which parks--that has proved to be extremely helpful for my family! If you stay onsite, you will also make the most of your time. Yes, June is crowded, but there are worse times to go--Easter and Christmas.
Plan ahead, make your PS ressies, then relax and enjoy. I'm sure you will love your vacation! :smooth:

We'll be at POP June 5-13, our first stay there! Very excited!!

mapmakerj said:

We went in early July two years ago. It was hot, but nothing we couldn't handle. Just drink lots of water. We're from Texas, so we're used to the heat. I think any time to be there is great because you're at WDW! I'd rather be there and hot than NOT! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

mapmakerj i've lived in florida for over 30 years and i'm not going to lie to you about the summer heat.it does get very hot here, what makes it bad is the humidity. and in the summer it usually does rain alot especially in the afternoons. But i have kids too and the only time we can go to disney is in the summer. we went last july and are going again this year in june.it really wasn't unbearable. i would advise going first thing in the morning and getting as much in as you can because it really will get hot around noon.maybe get one of those mister bottles that you can spritz yourself and the kids with. stay hydrated.it is nice and cool inside the buildings so that will help. I'm sure you will have a great time, heat and all.

Thanks for the support. I was in Florida in Sept 98 and it was in the 90's and humid everyday, so I have a little experience with the heat. I think that you are right on the money when you talk about going early, leaving for the afternoon and going back later. I do feel much better after hearing from some of you June DISers.

We are going June 4 - 12. We were going to stay at POFQ but I changed to AKL when the codes came out. I'm ready now.

We are staying at CBR June 10-18 and WL June 18-25. The first week with friends and the second week with my parents. Can't wait!! Time to start making PS.
--Angie :earsgirl:
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

mapmakerj said:
Thanks for the support. I was in Florida in Sept 98 and it was in the 90's and humid everyday, so I have a little experience with the heat. I think that you are right on the money when you talk about going early, leaving for the afternoon and going back later. I do feel much better after hearing from some of you June DISers.
From the 6th - 14th we will be making our 4th June trip to WDW. First 5 nites at OKW, last 3 at ASMu.
As my daughter and niece have gotten older we are also stuck going in the Summer. June is rainy and hot, no doubt. Make sure you do little things like bring extra shoes and don't over do it. Several years ago we had 8 days of all day rains and the worst part was spending a couple hours every evening drying tennis shoes with a hairdryer. Everyone says that was unusual, but it did happen so be ready. I always prefer to prepare for the worst and then can be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't happen... ;)

June 15th to 24th at the YC water view :cheer2: :cheer2: Rest of the vacation is in my signature :cool1:
Claire ;)

We return for our annual visit on 6/10 (CBR) and move to Polynesian on 6/11-20/05. We take a day to visit Grandma and head back to CBR for a farewell on 6/21/05.

I see the following folks are going to be fellow residents at Polynesian:

luv2tvl, pozey, froggymomma, and minniejeanie - all from dates between 6/10-19/05.

minniejeanie--we have teens a 16 & 14 y/o (boy, girl) I understand you'll have teens too. Keep your eyes open--we'll be bopping around and you can't miss us--after all, our picture is plastered all over the boards. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter