Who will be at the Poly in August 2012?

I LOVE Ohana and I would eat there at least twice, but I have a vegetarian and the whole "meat on a stick" thing is a bit overwhelming for her, lol.

Thanks for the info. Keep us posted if it works! I would like to know because I start my work day at 3 a.m. It would be nice to get it out of the way first thing.

Regarding 'Ohana and vegetarians...there were many reports a few years back that Chef TJ ('Ohana chef at the time) made delectable, special meals for vegetarians. They were exquisitely beautiful, amongst the best on property, and vegetarians would roll out of there in awe. I think TJ is gone, but there might be a successor who loves to do veggie gourmet stuff as well. I recommend posting this as an independent question over on the restaurant board to see if you can get any recent feedback.

I will let you know about the ADRs. In a few more hours, I will certainly try.

I logged onto the Disney website at 5:57 and my reservation said "181 days." I tried to make an ADR anyway and got an error message that my date was not within 180 days.

I tried again 5 minutes later and got right on! The only problem was that I didn't realize that since my 1st night is a one-night room-only reservation, I was unable to use the 180+10 feature and could only book ADRs for 8/3 (which I didn't want, since we are dining at ASMu's food court that night). No problem! Will repeat process tomorrow...can't wait!

Enjoy the rest of your Super Bowl Sunday, everyone!

I logged onto the Disney website at 5:57 and my reservation said "181 days." I tried to make an ADR anyway and got an error message that my date was not within 180 days.

I tried again 5 minutes later and got right on! The only problem was that I didn't realize that since my 1st night is a one-night room-only reservation, I was unable to use the 180+10 feature and could only book ADRs for 8/3 (which I didn't want, since we are dining at ASMu's food court that night). No problem! Will repeat process tomorrow...can't wait!

Enjoy the rest of your Super Bowl Sunday, everyone!

Are you having trouble. I am. It keeps telling me to confirm my resort reservation, so I do but then it tells me my reservation is already to conform and to go ahead and book. So when I try again, I get that same grayed out box that says confirm my reservation so I do, and repeat, repeat, repeat. I am getting so MAD!

COMPLETE nightmare this morning trying to do ADRs online. I ended up calling at 7 a.m. and got right through, but I was EXTREMELY frustrated, lol!

COMPLETE nightmare this morning trying to do ADRs online. I ended up calling at 7 a.m. and got right through, but I was EXTREMELY frustrated, lol!

I've read of other people having the same problem. I'm glad you were able to get through though. I'm so nervous for tomorrow!!!

I had a similar experience. The system kept telling me that my reservation could not be confirmed, yet I was looking right at my confirmed reservation on a different page. So frustrating! I thought maybe it was because I had two reservations, one for room-only for one night and one for my package stay at the Poly...and I only cared because I wanted to get 'Ohana first since I knew it would be the hardest to get...and that will be toward the end or our week, so I was trying to use the 180+10 bonus with the ressie.

Anyway, I called and got right through with no problem and was able to book everything I wanted, including 'Ohana for dinner at 7pm, Crystal Palace for breakfast at 8:05 and Le Cellier for lunch at 11:30. My call was about an hour long, as we are on deluxe dining, we we have A LOT of ADRs and we're celebrating something different at every dinner!

Dani, I wish you better luck tomorrow, but really, calling isn't so bad. Remember when we HAD to do it that way?!

I had a similar experience. The system kept telling me that my reservation could not be confirmed, yet I was looking right at my confirmed reservation on a different page. So frustrating! I thought maybe it was because I had two reservations, one for room-only for one night and one for my package stay at the Poly...and I only cared because I wanted to get 'Ohana first since I knew it would be the hardest to get...and that will be toward the end or our week, so I was trying to use the 180+10 bonus with the ressie.

Anyway, I called and got right through with no problem and was able to book everything I wanted, including 'Ohana for dinner at 7pm, Crystal Palace for breakfast at 8:05 and Le Cellier for lunch at 11:30. My call was about an hour long, as we are on deluxe dining, we we have A LOT of ADRs and we're celebrating something different at every dinner!

Dani, I wish you better luck tomorrow, but really, calling isn't so bad. Remember when we HAD to do it that way?!

Thanks! I've got my alarm set for 5:45. :crazy2: I'd etter get used to the phone system as I just became a TA lol.

I was able to do all of my ADRs online this morning and got them all booked within 13 minutes. That is a record. :rotfl: I got everything I wanted at the exact time I wanted except one, which is only off b5 10 minutes. I think it's a miracle!

I was able to do all of my ADRs online this morning and got them all booked within 13 minutes. That is a record. :rotfl: I got everything I wanted at the exact time I wanted except one, which is only off b5 10 minutes. I think it's a miracle!

AWESOME! Glad to hear it!:thumbsup2

BTW, I am still getting an error when I try to make ADRs online. Completely stupid, lol! It will let me make ADRs for check in day and the second day of our stay but nothing beyond. Too bad I already have an ADR for our second day at Ohana. The other ADRs aren't a must and won't matter if we don't get them as our girls were looking forward to a trip where we weren't planning our day around an ADR. Maybe somebody is trying to tell me something, lol.

BTW, I am still getting an error when I try to make ADRs online. Completely stupid, lol! It will let me make ADRs for check in day and the second day of our stay but nothing beyond. Too bad I already have an ADR for our second day at Ohana. The other ADRs aren't a must and won't matter if we don't get them as our girls were looking forward to a trip where we weren't planning our day around an ADR. Maybe somebody is trying to tell me something, lol.

That's so ridiculous! I got all 3 of our 'Ohana ADRs with no problem at the exact time I chose. How nuts is that?! It seems like the CC guarantee is really working.

Could you please add us to the list....we will be there from 8/28-8/31 staying in a TP view :cool1:. We are all very excited about it since this will be the first time for both of my DDs and my DH, the last time I stayed there I was a kid and it was just the Poly and CR to choose from. I have been dreaming of going back there one day. I have already requested Tihiti longhouse, but not sure if that is the best one because DH would really like to be closer to the GCH and Volcano pool (he got nervous looking at the resort map and saw that Tihiti is close to the TTA).

Could you please add us to the list....we will be there from 8/28-8/31 staying in a TP view :cool1:. We are all very excited about it since this will be the first time for both of my DDs and my DH, the last time I stayed there I was a kid and it was just the Poly and CR to choose from. I have been dreaming of going back there one day. I have already requested Tihiti longhouse, but not sure if that is the best one because DH would really like to be closer to the GCH and Volcano pool (he got nervous looking at the resort map and saw that Tihiti is close to the TTA).

WOOHOO! A new member of the "August club!" Welcome :)

WELCOME to the Poly in August thread! I will add you to the list right away. Your trip won't overlap with any of us who are here so far, but you will have the benefit of the lower crowds later in the month...and of the recent reports from those of us who will be just back while you're packing!

The best non-club level longhouses for TPV are Tahiti and Tuvalu. Though the room decor is the same, the longhouses are very different.

Tahiti

Room- Tahiti rooms are slightly bigger (big enough for an extra chair and slightly more room in the bathroom) and have double sinks (I believe this is the only longhouse with double sinks; the other longhouses have more counter space in the bathroom). Also, all the rooms in Tahiti have either a patio or a balcony, as Tahiti is one of the only 3 longhouses (the only one with TPV) that have balconies on the 2nd floor.

View- The views from Tahiti have a narrow lawn plus a palm-tree lined white sand beach in the foreground, which add a lovely tropical effect, but can also "obstruct" part of the view across the lagoon. Don't worry, since you are paying for TPV, you are guaranteed that a tree will not block your view of the castle, but you may not have a perfectly clear view of the whole EWP, or straight over to the entire GF, for example. If you have a 1st floor room, you will have direct access to that beautiful, almost always deserted beach from your sliding glass door, which makes many folks feel like they have tons of space, like their own backyard.

Location- Tahiti is a little "far" from the GCH and volcano pool. I put "far" in quotes because this is a subjective thing. We do not find the Poly grounds big or unwalkable at all. In fact, we love the walks around the grounds. That said, many guests with mobility issues, strollers and gear to lug, blisters, etc., often complain about the distance from Tahiti to the GCH/pool. The walk seemed shorter than the walk from my room in Cabanas 8A to the Pepper Market at CSR, for example. I will tell you that you can take a path inside the other buildings (Tokelau and Rarotonga) to avoid walking too much outside if it is raining or brutally hot. I think the walk to the main area would take 5-10 minutes, depending upon your pace and determination. And you have the advantage of being very close to the TTC.

Tuvalu-

Rooms- A little smaller than Tahiti, by one comfy chair width. Single sink in the bathroom, but more counter space. No balconies on the second floor. You can request 3rd floor, but it's not a guarantee. Some of the 1st floor patios have a lot of tropical shrubbery in front, which make some feel a little pent-in, though I doubt these rooms are categorized as TPV, since the shrubbery can be a little obstructive of part of the view. The lagoon is right there when you open your sliding door, so no real "extra" space beyond the patio like that beach from Tahiti.

View- Tuvalu has no beach or palm trees in front. You feel like you are directly over the water, almost like a cruise ship.

Location- Tuvalu is very close to GCH and volcano pool. It's not that there's NO walk to the pool, as you have to walk around the marina, but it is shorter than the walk from Tahiti. On the other hand, Tuvalu is one of the furthest buildings from the TTC, which might only matter to you on Epcot days. I would guess that Tahiti and Tuvalu are about equ-idistant to the Poly bus stop and laundry, but Tahiti has the slight edge of being close to the TTC buses.

I know many other DISers who have requested Tahiti but been placed in Tuvalu and were thrilled with the view and location. Maybe you should book another trip so you can try both!!:laughing:

Personally, if I were lucky enough to stay TPV, I would probably request 3rd floor (or maybe 1st floor if I prefered a patio to a balcony) as my only request and leave it at that.

iloveeeyore, but can't help but smile seeing you started this thread. :goodvibes

And, for the record, I think Santa knew about the Lapus Lapus when he put the CRKT Eat'N Tool in my stocking.

Tambu better order more pineapples AND backscratchers. Epic. :cool1:

iloveeeyore, but can't help but smile seeing you started this thread. :goodvibes

And, for the record, I think Santa knew about the Lapus Lapus when he put the CRKT Eat'N Tool in my stocking. Oh, I have NO DOUBT that Santa knew EXACTLY what he was doing. I can't wait to see what other surprises he's got up his sleeve!

Tambu better order more pineapples AND backscratchers. Epic. :cool1: I really can't wait to spend some "down time" at the Tambu with you this trip! Yeah, bring on the pineapples! (I'll scratch your back, MSF)!

:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter