Who is on the Oct 5th "Wonder" Cruise?

watshakin: I don't think the vast majority of the people on these boards would think you were a "bad Parent" for leaving your kids in programming and doing an excursion. According to threads I've read here, you are allowed to do that...just let the CM know that you are off the ship. (apparently your pagers won't work). OK, that being said, for some reason I'm not real comfortable with the idea for my DD3 and DS6 (my DH thinks I'm way overprotective) so we have limited the time we are going to be unreachable to the 2.5 hr seahorse snorkle at CC and then later after having lunch with the kids, a 1 hr parasail.:)
Jennifer

LOL Jennifer! I thought you were the one living in Valencia... yes, in fact I did mean Tracie! Sorry for the mix up:p !

Hi Whatshakin! I too have been considering the same things about leaving our DS(1) and DS(4) on the boat to do an excursion. I think this time around we'll either take them with, or just hang out on the boat within paging distance. The only excursion (and it's not really through DCL) we are thinking of doing is getting a room at the Comfort Suites(?) in Nassau and going to the kiddie pools/slides, float, etc. at Atlantis. I heard that Freeport wasn't very exciting. Anyone else?
Also, has anyone gone on the Dolphin encounter before? The family traveling with us is trying to figure out if it's worth going. Do you actually get to "swim" with them or just "pose" for pix?

Thanks again Peggy... yep! The tix should be included considering all the $$ we're giving Disney this trip!!;)

--Carrie

Carrie:
We went to Freeport on a cruise (NCL not DCL) about 12 years ago. I don't remember too much other than walking around the lucayan shopping area. Not too memorable I guess. :rolleyes: DH was not impressed so I think we are going to either stay on the ship or maybe take a cab over to the Lucayan hotel area and go to the beach for a few hours. We are going to Comfort Suites/Atlantis the day before and so we will probably use most of our Freeport day to relax...Spa...maybe Palo...wine tasting...family activities.:)
have a great day,
jennifer

Bumping to page 1.

Looks like 3 day Wonder people going on Oct. 2nd are receiving their Docs...We are next!

Have a great day!
Jennifer:)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc
The happy Doc Dance- Who will be first?

Hi everyone!

I'll be on a look out for those cruise documents. They just make everything seem more real.

Carrie - here's mental wave "hello" as you head up I5.

Regarding MNSSHP - it is a separate ticket from the Hopper Pass. I was told that if you show your MNSSHP ticket when you enter, you can get a wrist bracelet that will allow you to stay in the park while they move everyone else out.

When I went to Mickey's Christmas Party a few years ago, they gave me the wrist I.d. I actually had dinner reservations at Liberty Tavern and stayed there between 6 and 7

Yes, you can leave your children on board while you go off on an excursion. They may prefer this. I know my daughter would rather stay on board and play rather than go checking out shops and such!

I still haven't decided on any excursions. I know my husband would like to do some exploring of Nassau. I think Atlantis would be fun - but its not really exploring the Bahamas. The Dig sounds interesting though.

Maybe I can make it over to Home Depot this weekend. I'm actually taking my daughter and her best friend to see "Freaky Friday" at the El Capitan. You can go to a Princess Tea Party afterwards - Cinderella, Belle, Jasmine, and two others I can't remember. Only an additional $18 per person. lol

Here's to those cruise documents!

It shouldn't be long now on those Doc.
Thanks for the post about the Oct 2 doc arriving.
I am so excited!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Let us know if you recieve doc. The excitement is building. We are almost under the 40 day mark!

Just recieved a call from my TA she has my doc. . She will be sending them to me in the morning by Fedex. I should have them in hand Thursday.

Thats great Peggy! Hopefully the rest of our Docs wont be far behind. We are using All Seasons so I don't really expect mine for at least a few more days...have to come from FL (saw on another thread that they delivered via snaaaiiillll mail?!) . My DD14 decided to do the Wild Side after she saw that your DS and DN were going to go. She is very VERY shy so I was kind of surprised. We gave her the option of going on the Seahorse snorkle with us or the Wild side...oh well, I guess at 14 - they don't want to hang with Mom and Dad.
Hope everyone has Docs soon
Jennifer

My DD9 can be shy too. But I love to see her try new things.
I bet the Wild Side will be a blast. I would have loved to do that when I was a kid.
I can't believe we are under the 6 week mark.
Fun, Fun in the sun!:smooth:

I'm keeping an eye out for our docs also. I'm so excited! I bought a cap for my DD9,whose birthday we'll celebrate on the ship. She wants to have the characters sign her cap. My DS12 1/2 would love to do the wild side (or anything with the 13 and ups) He's extremely athletic, but I told him they probably wouldn't let him since he's a few months from turning 13. He's disappointed, but I'm sure he'll find others in the same situation and find other things to do. He's very social. I picked up a waterproof (underwater) camera yesterday at Walmart. I loved the thread regarding the coffee a few days ago. (Especially Nick and Cindy's..ROTFLOL) My DH and I are big coffee drinkers in the morning, so I hope it's good. Let me know when the docs start arriving!
Regards,
Laura

We are planning to stay in Cocoa Beach after the cruise for a 3 nights and wonder if anyone else is planning to do the same.

I received my docs today from UPS. I booked through Dreams Unlimited.

I'm so excited. Of course, I have no idea what I am looking at! This is my first cruise so I'm at a loss! Stateroom 7024, Cat 8 (I think, unless I have been upgraded and don't know it!)

Any one else around me? I have to go get my green mickeys!:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Congratulations on getting your docs! Can you just wave them near your p.c. and wish the rest of us luck?:teeth:
Can't you just feel those warm ocean breezes ruffling your hair!?

Our docs arrived UPS here in Newport Beach, CA - 4:00pm.

I didn't even open them yet- I wanted to let you all know- go look on your doorsteps!

FYI- we booked directly w/ Disney.

Thanks Scott2tune. It's nice to hear when everyone gets thier Docs. The excitement continues to build. Can't wait to step onboard that ship.
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter