Whispering Canyon and MK Wishes

amyj1024

Mouseketeer
I have a dinner reservation at 6:50 pm at Wilderness Lodge/Whispering Canyon. Will I be able to make it back to MK for Wishes or is that pushing it?? I will have a car, however, we don't typically drive to MK-and opt for the buses on those days---

I thought about trying the boats to Wilderness and back, but not sure if I will have enough time?? Can anyone give me some feedback on this??

Thanks!

One trip, we got a private Wishes cruise when we took the ferry boat across to MK just after dinner at WCC. It was so cool - our ferry stopped right in front of MK (where we could hear the music) so we could all enjoy Wishes.

Only time I ever ate at WC, it was lunch and we got right in with no wait and it only took us 45 minutes to eat. We both got the all-you-can-eat skillet and were too full for dessert. I imagine that if you had to wait for a table, had slow service, wanted to do appetizers and/or dessert, it would take longer. Figure the boat ride is 10-12 minutes and that you'll wait 10-15 minutes.

With dinner at 7:00, you'd have an hour to eat (tight), half an hour to get back over to MK and then be walking in less then 30 minutes before Wishes (tight). Not ideal if you want to stake out a spot to watch the fireworks from or like to take your time at dinner. If you don't mind getting to MK right at the fireworks are getting ready to start, then it could work. My family would probably move the APR 30 minutes earlier, others would probably recommend 60 minutes earlier.

Anyone else with more experience going back and forth have thoughts?

Yeah, you should be fine. You won't have the best "seat" in the house but you'll have time to get in and see the show.

I would try to arrive by 6:30 and hopefully get seated a little early so you don't have to feel rushed. I would leave MK by 6 to catch the ferry. Then if you get done dinner around 7:30, you could be back to MK by 8 to find a spot. Don't forget to ask for ketchup!

Thanks~ I was hoping the ferry would work in our favor for this one!
I appreciate all the advice!

Take the ferry boat back in fact check the schedule and get one that is going there a few minutes before the time of the fireworks... this way you can enjoy dinner and have a different view...

The bus might actually be faster to get back, the bus takes minutes once it comes but you can stand 10-20 minutes for the ferry as well and that ride is longer and slower. It'll be a coin toss, really depends if you just happen to get to the ferry as it's leaving and then it can be a lengthy wait for the next one.

personally, I think it's 50/50 chance on making it. I would modify my reservation trying to get 20-30 minutes earlier to give wiggle room for a late seating or late transportation (or both).

Take the ferry boat back in fact check the schedule and get one that is going there a few minutes before the time of the fireworks... this way you can enjoy dinner and have a different view...

The ferry doesn't have a schedule like that, they just show up when they show up usually about every 15 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter