Which towncar service to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenman

Mouseketeer
I was wondering which towncar service I should use!
Tell me the good and the bad of which ones you used!
THANKS!

southern elegance...no one better....nothing bad to say about them...friendly...nice vehicles..clean...polite...give you shopping stop..always on time....leonard is the best !!! we ask for him every time...

We ALWAYS use Tiffany Towncar. They have always been on time, they are helpful with your luggage and you get a grocery stop at Publix. You can book them online at www.Tiffanytowncar.com and print out a $5.00 off coupon.

We used Prestige and they were fine. They did forget our grocery stop, but just remind them. He was waiting for us at our luggage at arrival and on the way home picked us up at 5:00 am on a Sunday morning in the pouring rain. Very nice guy. Car was not perfect cosmetically, but decent and served its purpose!

Here's another vote for Tiffany Towncar Service. It truly exceeded my expectations and gave a great start to our vacation.

Another vote for Tiffany... we've used them three times in the last 2 years (2 WDW trips and one Carnival cruise)... they ROCK!!! :banana:

Never had a bad experience... won't use anyone else!! :cheer2:

We used Prestige Town car in June and they were great. They also had one of the lowest prices at that time and a $5.00 coupon for booking online. Check out their web page on prestigetowncar.com
Please note that they have merged with Tiffany town cars so they may stop using two names at some point.

I have used Sunray Transportation

http://www.sunraytransportation.com

MANY MANY times. They have the best service. I have never been disappointed in Sunray. Ask for Bob. He's the best. They are always on time ( early actually) courteous, safe, just awesome. The price is great at 90 bucks round trip. You can schedule a free grocery stop too. I have highly recommended Bob at Sunray to all of my friends and family that go to Disney. Im not even using Magical Express at Thanksgiving. Bob is worth the money for us. Give Bob at Sunray Transportation a try. You WILL NOT be sorry!!

I used Murray Hill on my last trip and have nothing but good things to say about them. They were great all the way from making the reservation to picking us up and dropping us back off. Very happy with them.

For my next trip I am trying Magic City Transportation based off of recommendations I have heard from the Disboards. So far, they have been fantastic. I have communicated with them several times and each time, they have been courteous, responsive and quick to get back to me. I like that attention to detail.

The reason why we are not going with Murray Hill on this next trip, was that I wanted to reserve a stretch Limo since the trip is a surprise for the family and Murray Hill, unfortunately, could not accommodate that. However, they were very courteous and wished me well.

If you asked this last week I would have said Tiffany...but since they forgot us at the Poly yesterday...well now im not so sure!

I called when the driver was 20-25 mins late and the guy that answered the phone had our names down, but the driver that was scheduled to pick us up said he had nothing down for a pick up.

The dispatcher (guy that answered the phone) said for us to pay for a taxi and he would refund us the $$, I told him I wanted a refund for the one way that we weren't getting from them as well ($45.00) he said no, one or the other...cab refund, or town car refund.
Mind you, I had really no cash on me, I used the room charge for everything so that I wouldn't have to carry much, so by the end I had maybe 40.00 on me and I have no clue how much it costs for the Taxi to the airport (I could have gone to an ATM but then I would have incurred more fees)

I told him I needed a car there pronto (at this time it was 4:00 and our flight was 5:35) he got ahold of someone and had her come and get us, she arrived around 4:15, we got to the airport around 4:45 (I was about to break into tears at any moment) we went through security and RAN to the gate (MY poor 66 year old mom was really running) and we got to the gate while they were boarding.

I won't use them again, this just shouldn't happen, especially since you are paying in advance for the trip home.

I thought the driver called in to let them know they picked up the guests, when it has been a half an hour since the guest should have been picked up, you would think the practice would be to check in with the driver (that the dispatcher should check in with them)

Im going to also post this as a new thread to the transportation board so people know, if your driver is even a few mins late, call the town car service!!
I gave the benefit of the doubt since we had used them so often and never had a problem, I assumed it was traffic...I should have called even if he was 5 mins late and not waited.

We like Quiksilver and Magic City. We do not recommend Murray Hill due to a situation we had with them last November which was totally unacceptable. They did handle courteously on the backend but it should never have happened in the first place.

We've used both Tiffany and Fl Tours. Tiffany had been fine the times we used them. We switched to Fl Tours since they are a board sponser. I had mixed feelings about their service. The first time I used them my dh had to go looking for our driver. He was off, outside the terminal talking to a bunch of other drivers. Our flight was right on time, so that wasn't an issue of being early. Then when it was time to be picked up, once again, dh had to go looking for him. We were at BW and our driver was parked way down by the park bus stop for some reason. And we waited for him for about 15 minutes before dh went in search of him. We did use them again last Nov, arrived on Thanksgiving day, around noon. We had requested a grocery stop...even mentioned in our email to them that we realized it was Thanksgiving Day and would it be an issue. No problem we were told. However, we didn't get one. Our driver told us there were no grocery stores open on T-day!!! Asked about a convenience store but no dice. When we used Tiffany we arrived late, about 2 hrs late, but the driver asked if we minded stopping for just 15 mins at a convenience store, since he was now running a bit late. Not a problem for us. So, would I use Fl Tours again? Don't know. Would I use Tiffany again? Yep. Now, with DME being free, we use them but when they start charging, we'll most likely go back to the towncar service.

I have used Tiffany many times as well as *********** a few times and would recommend both.

TJ

I highly recommend ***********. Upon arrival at Orlando airport the driver was waiting for us at baggage claim and was very helpful with our 13 pieces of luggage. We made the free grocery stop at Publix. The car was clean and had plenty of room in the trunk for all our luggage and groceries. On the return trip our driver did not show. After 15 minutes I called the company, received a profuse apology and a call back in less than 2 minutes to say that our driver had car trouble and his cellphone wasn't working well due to the heavy downpour we were experiencing at the time. Another car arrived to pick us up literally a minute later. We arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare and were given a coupon for 20% off for next time for our "troubles."

I can't believe the name of the car service I recommended was deleted. pm me if you are interested in the name.

lorik said:
I can't believe the name of the car service I recommended was deleted. pm me if you are interested in the name.

I can't even begin to think of a towncar name that would be in the DIS filter LOL

lorik said:

It takes a lot for a company not only to get banned from Disboards but to have the word filter applied to the company name. Says enough.

BTW the word filter also applies to PMs.

Lewisc said:
It takes a lot for a company not only to get banned from Disboards but to have the word filter applied to the company name. Says enough.

BTW the word filter also applies to PMs.

I never even thought that it could be the company name that is banned, I was thinking with a dirty mind :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter