Which Rides have more than 1 fp tap point?

Mambo Junkie

DIS Veteran
All the major rides or just some of them? I have a few fps I will not use because I will be with DH and SIL but won't be riding them. I would love (CMs permitting) to give them to someone else, rather than tap them and not ride. I have motion sickness and there are several attractions I will not ride. I know 7DMT has 1 at the beginning and 1 further in, but anything else come to mind?

I have seen many rides with multiple FP tap points. Sometimes the second one is being used and sometimes its not. It seems to be more commonly used in the more popular rides with longer standby lines.
FoP, 7DMT, Safari come to mind. I know theres more.

I believe all of the FP attractions have them. Sometimes the CM's do not activate the one where the standby line converges with the FP line though so it could be totally random or done only at popular rides/long wait times. For example, there are times on BTMRR where I have had to scan at the 2nd checkpoint and others times there is a tarp over them.

Just give the person your magicband/ticket that has the FP reservation unless you mean you are planning to give the FP to random strangers?

I know I have seen them used recently at Aliens Saucers, Safari, Flight of Passage, and 7 Dwarves. Not easy to give away a fast pass now.

We just got back from Disneyland and I was interested to notice that not one single ride in either Disneyland or DCA were operating a second tap point; the only scan we ever needed was at the ride entrance. Perhaps this is because there are no Magic Bands at DLR, which tend to be more efficient than phones and physical tickets.

I’ve recently used them at 7 Dwarfs, Space Mountain, Kilimanjaro Safari, Na’vi River Journey, Kali River Rapids, Soarin, Frozen Ever After, Slinky Dog. I’ve encountered/used the second tap point at Big Thunder at other times but it wasn’t in use during our most recent trip.

Well, that's a shame. I remember following someone into SDMT to let him use my fp; The only ones I intend to use are Safari and ToT. I was going to drop my FOP and get a Navi but I know the others will want to go on it also so it's not something I need to do twice.

I gave a paper FP away to someone at Tokyo Disney earlier this year and she was so happy! I miss getting to do that if we change plans.
Me, too! I once gave a paper fp to a dad with 2 young children. His wife told him to go ahead and he said he didn't want to make the family have to wait for him (45+ minute wait), so I handed him my fp. I love to ride, but i have to feel just right or my day will be miserable. He, too, was very happy.

I’ve recently used them at 7 Dwarfs, Space Mountain, Kilimanjaro Safari, Na’vi River Journey, Kali River Rapids, Soarin, Frozen Ever After, Slinky Dog. I’ve encountered/used the second tap point at Big Thunder at other times but it wasn’t in use during our most recent trip.

It was in use on big thunder on Sunday.

Two weeks ago it was used at Kali River Rapids. So many people who didn't know there was a second tap point were crossing from standby to the fastpass lane and thankfully they were turned away in shock when they were made to tap again and of course they didn't have a fastpass. Back to the end of the line.

On MDE you can change each individuals FP's in the group. You don't have to select 3, you can select 2 FP's, wait for everyone to ride their 3 rides and then everyone can select their next fast pass. There are a variety of ways you can work these things out. Release the FP to any of the premium rides at any time during the day and someone will pick it up.

I've seen the second tapstile at buzz lightyear space ranger spin. So I'm sure it's on quite a few and I just haven't noticed it on others

Just curious, but why would you make a FP+ if you know you won't use it?
I am with 2 other people who will. There are 3 of us. I get one because I try to talk myself into using it but almost always chicken out for fear of getting sick. I will eventually cancel it but I’m still thinking on it. I’ve already canceled 2 I know I won’t ride even though I may not use the one I traded for but it’s for an attraction you really don’t need an fp for anyway.

Just curious, but why would you make a FP+ if you know you won't use it?

I usually don't know for sure that I won't use it. It's always a good idea to have a reservation just in case.

Worst case, if you cancel it, someone else will be able to pick it up through the MDE experience... and it's just a nice last minute surprise for them. The effect is exactly the same. But of course, you don't get to enjoy that personal delight of handing another human being a paper Fastpass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter