Which one, SSR or OKW

Emiems20

Mouseketeer
Hey everybody I need help! I am looking at booking a one bedroom at either SSR or OKW. I am not a DVC member, but find that master bathroom mighty appealing. I also know nothing about either of these resorts. I truely need help! Also, i do not have acess to a car so transportation is a big issue, any help would be appreciated!

Well I prefer BWV and BCVs, but since those are not options, I would say that you have to decide what is more important to you.

At OKW you have a very large room with a nice balcony that includes a table. At SSR the rooms are not as big, but on the plus side you can walk over to DTD and have access to all of those restaurants (you can also walk from OKW, but it is much farther and most people take the boat). Also at SSR you have a counter service restaurant (which I consider a plus because I like being able to just get something quick to eat for breakfast).

If I were picking, I would go with SSR, but it is really a matter of personal choice.

DJ

I would love to stay at BWV or BCV or even VWL, but none are avalible for our trip, we leave in 11 days, or I would look into renting points

We've stayed at both and own at SSR. Personally, we liked SSR much better.
OKW seemed outdated to me. The rooms are nicer at SSR, yet a bit smaller.
There is no indoor counter service at OKW. I'd go with SSR in a second!

OKW has the largest rooms on the Disney property. The jacuzzi tub at OKW is the largest of all the DVC resort and will hold two comfortably. The one bedroom OKW villa has a large porch with a full sized table and four chairs where you can eat breakfast or just relax with coffee in the morning. There really isn't a bad view at OKW.

Some people like to refer to OKW as the retirement village because OKW was the first DVC and many of the owners there are older. It is far from a retirement village. But it is very relaxing and quiet. It has the most homelike feeling of any of the DVC resorts.

One thing that some people don't like is the fact that only three of the building at OKW have an elevator. Buildings are either two or three stories, so there are stairs to walk up and carry your stuff up. But you can get Bell Service to haul it up and down for you on arrival and departure days. I've got a total knee replacement (two years now) and arthritis in the other one, but I've never had a problem with the stairs at OKW.

There is a table service restaurant, Olivia's, that had some nice choices. There is counter service at the main pool and the Turtle Pond pool.

DTD is only a boat ride (or a bus ride) or a short walk away.

Depends on the vibe you are looking for. Both would be fine choices.

SSR is a bit more sophisticated and 'adult' in feel too me. (But, SSR has pools that are a little more kid-enticing.)

OKW seems more laid-back, informal, and lush. I think "island time" when I'm there.

Both are big and spread out, but I seem to read more frequent complaints about SSR on this score for some reason.

Both have good access to DTD, though SSR is closer. OKW is a bit closer to the rest of the World.

I happen to like OKW's "vibe" a little bit more, but it's really a personal decision.

my personal choice is ssr simply for the bit closer walk to dtd and I like the cs restaurant better. both of those trump the okw bigger rooms.

but if the master bath is what you want...go with okw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter