Which moderate?

lfwebb

Earning My Ears
We have stayed at POFQ and enjoyed it. Should we go with the known quantity and stay there over Spring Break, or try another moderate? If the latter, does CBR get the vote?
THANKS in advance for your help!

That is a tough and subjective decision to make. I have stayed at all four Moderates and I like three of them almost equally well and one less than the others. My least Favorite is the one you stayed at already, POFQ. The other three are fairly equal when it comes to location and amenities. CSR has coffee makers but only one sink. CBR has newly romodeled, and slightly larger rooms but is spread out more than the others. POR has the boat to Downtown Disney but has had a few reports lately of less than great bus service. I would pick which ever theme you happen to be in the mood for.

Everybody likes a different moderate. Some people love Port Orleans Riverside. Others abhor it. I happen to like Caribbean Beach. Others find it vile. Read as much information as you can about the different properties to make an educated decision.

Additionally, there is a DIS'er named Sea Spray who has a page about the Caribbean Beach Resort. I believe a link is in her signature. And Buzz(?) something with a number? has a link in his signature to his Coronado pages. They both might be a good start for you.

Thanks for the tips. I did check out the places you pointed me to. Very helpful. Decided to go ahead and give CBR a try. As always, I appreciate the help.

We have stayed at CSR, ASMo & Riverside (POR).
I liked POR the least if the three, with ASMo actually coming in ahead of either. (DH liked CSR, the ASMo, then POR.)
POR I thought was cheezy that guests get a coffee maker on request, but have to pay for the coffee. (And that charge doesn't include cups, suger, creamer or a stir stick.)
The CM service was not good. More of a I'll-help-if-I-feel-like-it attitude from all except the food court and gift shop. There the CM's were GREAT.
The room at POR was the dirtest of the three resorts from our experiences. And the bus service was terrible at POR for us.
One of my fellow Dis-ers said it best. She has stayed at all WDW resorts many times through the years. She calls POR the resort that can't quite get their act together. And that's hitting right on the head, IMHO.
If I go to another moderate, I would try CBR, only because we have not stayed there.
DH did like the bakery at POR because it was always well stocked and convenient. But he liked the baked goods best at CSR, but they were not as stocked in the evening.
ASMo had long lines at night for baked goods/ice cream.
I was actually more impressed with the food court at ASMo than POR. It seemed newer, cleaner, more spread out with better selections. But the staff was much friendlier at POR.
CSR had the best food court, but lousy check out (food court) service.
Always good and bad with any resort, I think. And I am sure each time brings different experiences.

Thanks, Luv2Roam. Definitely confirms our decision to try something different.

Check out my CSR website below for more info.

Good luck deciding and have a great trip!

For what it's worth, we have stayed at the CBR and we just loved it. Just so much to keep the kids entertained (grown ups too) and has a very nice atmosphere. I would highly reccommend it to anyone.

Tig

You will enjoy the larger rooms at CBR. We had a great view of the water and loved the theming!

I highly recommend CBR! I've stayed there twice and love this resort! :)

I have a lot of pictures of CBR on my web site, the link is below, just click on the CBR logo.

I have stayed at almost all the WDW resorts including all the moderates and I like them all. I like all the WDW resorts from the value to the deluxe and love my DVC home at BWV. All WDW resorts are great it just depends on 1. what theming you want, 2, what amenities you want and how much you want to spend to get them.
If you have decided on a moderate resort then pick a theme that appeals to you. If you have decided on the caribbean theme CBR is great, I just returned from WDW and we spent the last 3 nights of our trip there. I had not stayed in CBR for over 4 years and I loved it. We had a room in Trinidad North which was a great location. The rooms are very nicely refurbished, we used the main pool and the quiet pool , we ate at the food court several times, the buses were fine and all in all enjoyed the resort very much. I especially liked being close to the food court, main pool, pool bar etc. Last time I stayed at CBR I was in Aruba, I thought Trinidad North was 1,000x better location.
If you decide to go with a different moderate though, they are all really nice and all have their own flavor and atmosphere.

Our favorite is PO-Riverside. We've NEVER experienced any of the problems stated above...always had the friendliest CM's, great housekeeping services, short bus waits and never a dirty room. Last summer we tried CBR for a change, and I was very pleased with our stay there. We got a newly refurbished room in Jamaica and the location was perfect. The only thing I thought was much better at PO-Riverside was the food court. I didn't feel that CBR foodcourt had nearly as much to offer. I also noticed that the quiet pool area at CBR looked very worn out. Other than those couple of things, I think you'll love your stay at CBR. As for us...we're returning to PO-Riverside for the 4th time. I gave DH a choice of AKL, CSR and POR and he wants to return to the bayou.

Have a great trip!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter