Which Limo Service??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again.....the 'banned' company was not banned due to any experiences with their service, but with posting against board policies. Please end the discussion about this particular company or the thread will be locked!

Edd said:
I believe we have run across HPguy before in some other discussions. Like in previous posts he discusses what he knows not much about.
I'll need to do a little more research on him (HPguy) before we can buy this. Like, encounter said posts.

seashoreCM said:
I'll need to do a little more research on him before we can buy this. Like, encounter said posts.

Research? What are you all talking about. I did my research on Edd and my post has been deleted. What is wrong with you all!!!! Why is Edd, a transportation company owner and an advocate on badmouthing others is allowed to post whatever he wants and I have my posts deleted when I did not break any of your rules. :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

hpguy said:
Research? What are you all talking about. I did my research on Edd and my post has been deleted. What is wrong with you all!!!! Why is Edd, a transportation company owner and an advocate on badmouthing others is allowed to post whatever he wants and I have my posts deleted when I did not break any of your rules. :confused3 :confused3 :confused3[/QUOTE

Edd has never 'promoted' a business he is connected with. Yes, he has recommended that people try the 'taxi' services but not to the extent you are saying he has. Everyone here knows that Edd has been 'spoken to' in the past.....I myself have had conversations with him. However, he has never really badmouthed any other companies, with the possible exception of DME. and we all know how he feels about DME. Board policy dictates that there be no name calling or insulting posts. The removed post fell into that particular catagory. There is no research needed......the moderators are all aware of what people are posting, now as well as in the past. If anyone has any further questions, please feel free to contact one of your moderators.

My friends have an awful experience with FL Tours, in the end, we decided that it was mostly the driver´s fault (Ahmed), since he charged $ 20 more that the agreed price, which our friends made sure was in their receipt.
The driver proceeded to tell FL Tours that the $ 20 was because they had made a grocery stop and then drove 15 min. away to pick up the keys to the house (both lies, since my dh and I had picked both sets of keys and we had their grocery list, so we went shopping before they arrived that night).
Also they never showed up to pick them up for the return trip, they had a time in their receipt, and FL Tours said the time was an hour later, and then proceeded to claim that they showed up at the house and our friends had already left, but my family was still at the house and no one showed up, only the taxi they were forced to call after the FL Tours no show.

After much emailing with FL Tours, and thanks to Disboards moderator Lewisc, they agreed to refund what our friends had paid, money that they say they have not yet received (as of 10 days ago, trip was in september).

Julie

I'm not a DISBOARDS moderator and I had nothing to do with whatever refund your friends night have received.

I made several posts supporting your complaint but later found out the drivers version of the incident is 100% different that the version you posted . I understand some type of refund was made for goodwill. I don't remember if your friends were promised a cash refund or a credit to be used for a future trip.

My memory is the $20 was charged because your friends asked the driver to make an additional stop to pick up keys. A grocery stop (reserved in advance) is free, a driver is free to charge for any other stop.

Your posts serve to confirm that even a company like FL Tours, a board sponsor with very few complaints, can still have differences with some customers.

mexican-mouseketeers said:
After much emailing with FL Tours, and thanks to Disboards moderator Lewisc, they agreed to refund what our friends had paid, money that they say they have not yet received (as of 10 days ago, trip was in september).

Julie

mexican-mouseketeers said:
My friends have an awful experience with FL Tours, in the end, we decided that it was mostly the driver´s fault (Ahmed), since he charged $ 20 more that the agreed price, which our friends made sure was in their receipt.
The driver proceeded to tell FL Tours that the $ 20 was because they had made a grocery stop and then drove 15 min. away to pick up the keys to the house (both lies, since my dh and I had picked both sets of keys and we had their grocery list, so we went shopping before they arrived that night).
Also they never showed up to pick them up for the return trip, they had a time in their receipt, and FL Tours said the time was an hour later, and then proceeded to claim that they showed up at the house and our friends had already left, but my family was still at the house and no one showed up, only the taxi they were forced to call after the FL Tours no show.

Julie
Julie, Your posting about your friend is the very reason I cancelled with FL Tours. I later booked on Happy Limo since they were recommended by Mousesavers.com.
Then I hear bad things about them too! It's so frustrating. Maybe all companies sometimes have less than perfect service but I'll take my chances with Happy and post when I return!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter