Which Limo Service??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjeagle

DIS Veteran
I have been searching...and comparing...and searching....and calling...and I am at the point that I don't even have a clue!!

We are planning to take a Limo from the airport to the port, then a Towncar back. I have similar quotes from Tiffany and FL tours (Happy was quite a bit more $$)

Any suggestions?? Give me the good, the bad and the ugly!!
:confused3

We were very, very pleased with Southern Elegance, and will be using them again for our June cruise.

I booked Cartier for our Jan. cruise
They've been really good returning e-mails and helping us out, unlike Happy Limo

I recommend FL Tours. I've used them several times. Most recently last week for our cruise on the Wonder. We had a problem the night before and didn't think we would be able to go. I called them at 12:30 a.m. to cancel. Then in the morning, when everything worked out, I called them again around 8:30 and they had someone there for our 10:00 a.m. pick-up. They are great!

We just used Happy Limo (did the out leg...not back from our sailing yet but they will be picking us up at the port). We sailed with our neighbors, so we were all in a gorgeous brand-new super stretch limo. Great service as always (we use them a lot).

Another vote for Southern Elegance. We've used them several times in the last 2 years and have always been extremely happy with their service.

We used Tiffany just a couple of weeks ago. We were very pleased with the service. On time, careful and polite drivers.

We had a terrible experience with "Happy" - miserable driver, run down van. When I sent a note to the company to let them know we weren't happy afterward, they refunded part of our fare (which was nice) and confessed that the van they gave us was about to go into "retirement." It was dirty, seats were ripped, DVD players didn't work and the driver was not the least bit friendly or helpful.

Thanks for all the info! Why are the names getting blocked out?? and who's doing the blocking?? :confused3 :confused3

Okay, I just figured out who the "Z" company is....someone please tell my why they are taboo??

We used Sunray for our 11/11 Double Dip and they were great. $172 ($8 discount for mentioning this board or Allears or MouseSavers) for a roundtrip to port and back from Hyatt MCO. They were out front with a sign with our name at the Hyatt on time (early even) Saturday am and were there at 8:30 on disembarking (early again). Very, very nice SUV, car seats (two of them) were free and a free 30 minute grocery stop. Good communication via email. I can highly recommend them all the way around.

Oh, and you'll probably get a pm from the Mod about the U company. I did when I asked this same question when trying to find a good company. Apparently it was some kind of advertising on this board issue or something like that. Nothing heinous, in my opinion. In fact, I even got a call from the owner of U company when I asked him via email why they were banned from this site. Nice fella, but I went another route and wasn't disappointed.

We just got back a couple of weeks ago and used Happy Limo....we were very happy with them. We were upgraded on both the trip to port and back to mco....we ended up with the stretched hummer on the ride back to mco.
We had a great driver, friendly and very helpful. I hope this helps.

Denise

Dixielady908 said:
We just got back a couple of weeks ago and used Happy Limo....we were very happy with them. We were upgraded on both the trip to port and back to mco....we ended up with the stretched hummer on the ride back to mco.
We had a great driver, friendly and very helpful. I hope this helps.

Denise

Another satisfied Happy Limo customer. We did a three leg trip. MCO to Boardwal to Port to MCO. Upgraded to a stretch limo on the airport to Boardwalk run. Great drivers on all three trips.

tjeagle said:
Okay, I just figured out who the "Q" company is....someone please tell my why they are taboo??

It's an automatic block. Awhile back the owners of this company went against board regulations and posted inappropriatly. The site owner decided to 'ban' the company. Plain and simple. Any attempts to get around the filter will be deleted, per the site owners request.

We've been using Southern Elegance Limousines. I really liked their reservation confirmation process and that they actually do call the day before to cofirm/remind about their pickup. Most detailed and organized we've ever used.

I am contemplating a town car (would like to surprise may family with a limo) we would need a ride from a hotel by the mco airport to the port.
Which compay is "Q" "U" and "Z" I can't figure it out since all names seem to be written on the this thread. Let me know please who I should stay clear of.
Thx
Joanna

Mjasp said:
I am contemplating a town car (would like to surprise may family with a limo) we would need a ride from a hotel by the mco airport to the port.
Which compay is "Q" "U" and "Z" I can't figure it out since all names seem to be written on the this thread. Let me know please who I should stay clear of.
Thx
Joanna

Hey Joanna,

No need to clear of any of them. The one mostly mentioned as the "bad guy" is actualy a very reputable company recommended in many other discussion boards, and also at "all ears net" which only recommends what is best. Everywhere I read I only read good things, with no complaints, on the contrary! So I suspect this ban is not to be taken too seriously when deciding who to use as your limo service. I also read in other boards the so called banned company is refered in many guide books which I know for a fact only recommends who they (the editors) used themselves. So again, in defense of the banned company, I must say to you all not to judge before making sure this ban has nothing to do with the companies quality; and for the ones badmouthing them without knowing all the facts and whom never actualy used them to give an honest review, to be careful not to be to quick to judge and only follow the leader, since I've seen (read) that happen many times. :goodvibes

There are very few companies that are banned from DIS. I wouldn't even consider doing business with the banned company. They recently overcharged a customers credit card. The owner finally offered a refund when he got no support.

I believe we have run across HPguy before in some other discussions. Like in previous posts he discusses what he knows not much about.

I might add they charged the customer's credit card an additional amount of money without letting the customer know about it. Do you think it was the companies first time doing something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter