Which Golf Course for a Mediocre Player

GrammieMame

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
My husband loves golf and he's a really good golfer. On the other hand, I'm strictly a go-out-on-Sunday-afternoon-when-no-one-is-there-except-the-kids golfer. To give you a rough idea, I don't even keep score. I go just to keep my husband company and to enjoy being outdoors. So he wants to play Disney golf. I feel intimidated by really good players on a "challenging" course. I usually just stop playing awhile if I feel like I'm slowing things down for others. So anyhow, which golf course (not the 9 hole - he wants to do the "real thing") golf course would be best for us.

through old key west is the easiest.
When we play with higher handicap players we always allow them to lift their ball if they have had abad shot and bring it up to where we are to speed things up.

I've played every course at WDW and I would suggest Lake Buena Vista to start or perhaps Magnola. Oak Trail is a good 9 hole warm up and has some challenging holes (maybe you can talk your husband into it to help you "tune up").

I agree with pmcpmc, pick up and place or better yet pick up after "double par" on a hole to speed up play. Just remember what one of my old golf instructors told me "don't worry, no matter how bad you are I bet there is someone on the course right now who is worse"

Just enjoy and have a great time. Also remember to check the DVC or other golf discounts before you play it will save you big bucks.

Depends when you go as well...we went in early december 2002 and pretty much had the LBV course to ourselves.

-Joe

DH and I played at several courses on our last trip. We were paired with others on Magnolia and Osprey Ridge. Lake Buena Vista had fewer people signed up for tee-times so we were allowed to play with just the two of us. I think it's an easier course but I tend to hit fairly straight--not very long--but fairly straight. The fairways are narrow and have lots of trees along the sides, so if you tend to hit very far to the right or left, you may have some trouble. When I was just starting (and sometimes if I'm having an off-day) I would pick up after so many strokes to keep everyone moving along. They have pretty good golf instructors, so maybe you could take a lesson while you're there.

My wife and I are average golfers.
Although my wife prefers Fantasia Gardens, I much prefer Winter/Summer Land.

MG

I am not a very good golfer, but I do enjoy the sport and I had a great time playing at both magnolia and LBV. I found LBV to be an easier course (and we were staying at OKW so my parents watched me from the balcony which was neat!). We golfed at the end of August and the week before Christmas, and there was practically no one else on the course, so we got to play with just two people and we could go as slow as we wanted. Have a great time!

And if you don't want to play but still want to keep DH company, just ride along. They will allow you to do that. I love just riding, I keep score, drive the cart, enjoy the scenery, take photos, and sometimes help DH to keep his temper under control!

The prices can be kind of steep and I would prefer to spend my "play" money on other things.

No matter what, you'll enjoy yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter