Where to get AP car magnets?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by disneysteve, Dec 19, 2015.

1. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

We got APs last trip for the first time in many years. They mailed us one AP car magnet but how can we get more? I'd like one for my car, too, and DD would like one to hang in her dorm room.

2. MinnieMSue

MinnieMSue DIS Veteran

I didn't even get one

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. DWillowBay

DWillowBay DIS Veteran

Yeah...come to think of it...I was mailed one when I had an Annual Pass at WDW last year, but this year I got a Premiere Annual Pass and got nothing. That seems odd. Any insight would be helpful.

5. Good Morning Dewdrop

Good Morning Dewdrop Have Courage & Be Kind

some years they send them others they don't - at least in our experience. For our 2015 - 2016 pass we never got one :-(

6. larryz

larryz Rogue Five DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Both my kids just got APs. Only one of them got the magnet -- it was sent to the "household."

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  7. Feralpeg

Feralpeg Living and Loving Windermere!

Every time we renew, they mail us new ones. We have them on two cars. We replaced one that cracked on one car. We also have two on our refrigerator.

I don't understand the criteria for receiving them. I always go to Downtown Disney guest services to renew. A couple weeks later, they come in the mail.

8. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

We got one for the household, which is a rip-off anyway since we bought 2 APs. Just because we happen to be together shouldn't mean we don't each get the same perks.

I looked and there are people selling custom made ones on Etsy for $5 so that's an option.

The other thing that REALLY annoyed me was that after buying an AP, they will send you a Magicband but there's no way to get it while you're actually there which is when you really need it. So if you want one on that first trip, you have to buy it.

9. Dr.Mickey

Dr.Mickey DIS Veteran

There are lots of them in the parking lots :)

10. Accident

Accident DIS Veteran

I wouldn't put it on my car for this reason alone.. They are a magnet, anyone can remove them from your car and they have no value, it's not a parking pass. I have a hallway that has magnetic paint with a normal color over it. We have all types of magnets and just added it to the collection... I was a little bothered that I had 2 passes with free parking and we only get 1 bulletin and 1 magnet. We didn't get a discount because they have less to send us.

On the contact us part of the disneyworld website, the annual pass number is (407) 560-7277. I would start there.

11. Cupcake2008

Cupcake2008 Mouseketeer

I've received the magnets in the mail for the last few renewals. I renewed my Florida resident AP in October and a few weeks ago my parents received my magnet thanking me for renewing at their address in New York. The only address I have listed for my AP information is here in Florida. I think I last used the NY address was to book a vacation in 2006 and can't figure out how it got connected to my AP. Makes me nervous with all this information and data that Disney is collecting, but doesnt' seem to be able to keep straight.

12. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

Having had special Disney magnets stolen from my car at Disney .... I don't put any magnets on outside. I put my AP magnet inside the windshield on dash.

Have gotten the AP magnet numerous times, so has both DS. I think I've gotten 3, kids gotten 1 or 2. It feels random.

You can get a Disney AP sticker or magnet that looks like them from etsy folks.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/159746749/annual-passholder-bumper-sticker-or-car

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  13. Meriweather

Meriweather Being a Nana is my superpower

I've had an AP for years and have only received them once and we got two, one for me and one for DH

14. dISNEYlOveer

dISNEYlOveer Disney World Veteran but Earning my Ears on dis bo

A couple years ago we got APs, we all got a magnet. Then we didn't renew and got them for this year, both of us got a magnet. This year they're smaller than the ones from 2 years ago.

15. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

I looooove that idea! Thank you!!

16. Micca

Micca SAHG: Stay At Home Grandfather

Ours stay on the fridge, along with the DVC magnet. If I thought I could get additional magnets I'd put 'em in the cars, but don't wanna lose them.

17. Boopuff

Boopuff DIS Veteran

Never heard of this until now! We didn't get any magnet with our AP. Bummer.

18. MinnieMSue

MinnieMSue DIS Veteran

I spoke too soon when I said I didn't get a car magnet - it came in the mail today! I was so excited - like Christmas came early lol

disneysteve and Accident like this.
  19. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

Just got one today for a renewal in December. :goodvibes

[​IMG]

NH-to-FL likes this.
  20. Sytrace

Sytrace DIS Veteran

It seems to take about 6 weeks after renewing/purchasing to get them and it is one per household. I would imagine you might be able to get another one though if you requested it. :) Call or contact them via the passholder part of the website.

21. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Funniest thing about ours, it came in the name of DGD7
    None of the adults got one
    I do leave ours on the car but we don't drive to Disney
    Around here no one knows what it means so not a big theft market