• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do you think DVC resale prices are headed?

I Cant understand how VGC are selling resale for $230 a point . Hasn't Disneyland been closed for a Year ? Who would pay such a ridiculous price for something just about worthless right now ?
VGC is absolutely the best resort to stay at and it will almost certainly open up sometime this year, so I can see why people are still paying top dollar for it.

I Cant understand how VGC are selling resale for $230 a point . Hasn't Disneyland been closed for a Year ? Who would pay such a ridiculous price for something just about worthless right now ?
Yes, it is outrageous. You can stay in a full kitchen suite at the Tropicana (that is perhaps a 1 minute longer walk to Disneyland park than the walk to DL from GCH) for $250 a night, and Disneyland offers few onsite benefits. You are paying an enormous upcharge for theming and 1 hour of early admission, 3 days a week. And DVC barely offers a discount vs cash prices at VGC.

Original owners got a deal. Resale has been just bananas.

VGC benefits from the heavy tail of Disneyphile fanaticism. The resort is small enough, and the addressable market large enough, that you don't need too many people ignoring the finances in favor of the emotional sense of "ownership/belonging" to drive prices. I do wonder whether the new tower will poke a hole in that, but don't have enough of a sense to make a prediction.

Yes, it is outrageous. You can stay in a full kitchen suite at the Tropicana (that is perhaps a 1 minute longer walk to Disneyland park than the walk to DL from GCH) for $250 a night, and Disneyland offers few onsite benefits. You are paying an enormous upcharge for theming and 1 hour of early admission, 3 days a week. And DVC barely offers a discount vs cash prices at VGC.

And the private entrance into CA. It is a huge perk.

I get not nearly as huge a perk when it’s only saving you a 10 minute walk, but that easy in and out makes a huge difference at the end of a long day or when you have sleeping or cranky kids and need a break.

I just made a lowball offer on a 100pt BLT contract which won't have any points until Dec 2022 but the seller wouldn't really budge from his price of $154/pt. Went down $2 to $152. Guess I'll continue looking but now I understand why people become addicted to looking at contracts when they are lowballing lol.

I just made a lowball offer on a 100pt BLT contract which won't have any points until Dec 2022 but the seller wouldn't really budge from his price of $154/pt. Went down $2 to $152. Guess I'll continue looking but now I understand why people become addicted to looking at contracts when they are lowballing lol.

That's their loss. I'd keep looking. Asking for $200 off isn't much at all. There's been plenty of 100pt BLT's that passed for less and with 2021 points in the past 6 months. I would've offered in the 140's. Disney has been taking BLT's lately so its anyone's guess what they'd do.

That's their loss. I'd keep looking. Asking for $200 off isn't much at all. There's been plenty of 100pt BLT's that passed for less and with 2021 points in the past 6 months. I would've offered in the 140's. Disney has been taking BLT's lately so its anyone's guess what they'd do.

Sorry! I meant they were only willing to go down to $152.My two offers were in the $130s and we were willing to go up to the 140s dependent on what they said. Since we’re in no hurry for more points, will definitely keep looking!

Sorry! I meant they were only willing to go down to $152.My two offers were in the $130s and we were willing to go up to the 140s dependent on what they said. Since we’re in no hurry for more points, will definitely keep looking!

Oh ok gothca. Settling in the 140's would've been decent.

It’s much better to buy from an international seller in heavily ROFRd resorts. I’ve never heard of one being taken. Buying from say the U.K should be no longer a process either.

It is a full time job !!!

And the private entrance into CA. It is a huge perk.

I get not nearly as huge a perk when it’s only saving you a 10 minute walk, but that easy in and out makes a huge difference at the end of a long day or when you have sleeping or cranky kids and need a break.
An awesome pool (and amenities) are also must haves for a lot of people and not much in the vicinity compares. If you go to the GCH you are taking a vacation at a resort. If you go to an offsite hotel you are taking a vacation at a hotel.

It seems the number of VGF contracts listed on most of the resale sites is low. I am surprised. I seem to recall there are usually more sellers after dues statements come out each year? Maybe in January...

Keep looking! Some sellers are more motivated than others. I have one contract I bid on and the seller thought I was lowballing too much and wouldn't counteroffer. Ten days later, they dropped the contract price by $10/pp. I renewed my offer (it's a lot closer now) and they still don't want to meet my price. I'm waiting it out. Either someone else will snatch it up (the price is more reasonable now after the price drop) or they may change their minds again in a couple of weeks. I'm in no rush.

It seems the number of VGF contracts listed on most of the resale sites is low. I am surprised. I seem to recall there are usually more sellers after dues statements come out each year? Maybe in January...
That’s been the case for a couple months. This summer there was a ton of VGF. While there’s real seasonality, it’s also true that dumb luck has a lot to do with supply on the market as well.

I'm working on a delayed close VGF contract, and I'm shocked at what has happened to supply. Fidelity has had NONE for quite some time.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. VGF is the next VGC, especially if the points keep inflating as they have been.

If DVC takes the empty spot next to VGF, the chart will be insane. It will be interesting to see what happens to DL Tower points.

Keep looking! Some sellers are more motivated than others. I have one contract I bid on and the seller thought I was lowballing too much and wouldn't counteroffer. Ten days later, they dropped the contract price by $10/pp. I renewed my offer (it's a lot closer now) and they still don't want to meet my price. I'm waiting it out. Either someone else will snatch it up (the price is more reasonable now after the price drop) or they may change their minds again in a couple of weeks. I'm in no rush.

My contract in ROFR right now was reduced twice. I was literally about to make an offer the day before they reduced it again. I even got a little greedy and offered less and they accepted. I guess at that point they just wanted to get rid of it. It was on the market for a couple months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter