Where do you think DVC resale prices are headed?

Don't you wish there was a way to see what price a seller actually settled for on a contract you've been watching? Today it went from being available to sale pending so that was kind of weird too. Wouldn't it usually go from being available to offer accepted then sale pending?

It would be nice but it would be so detrimental to brokers and sellers that I doubt it would ever happen.

I too have found different sites do it different and wonder why. I know the contract I bought last spring never even went that way, after it was weeks into ROFR. Lol

We go to DLR about once for every 4 trips to WDW due to the distance, but looking back, I think our DLR trips have been more enjoyable. MaxPass>FP+. Park hopping DLR>WDW. Summer weather CA>FL. DLR - basically don't need to plan anything. WDW - have to start planning 6 months in advance, stressful to get ADRs, stressful to get FP+.

Very interesting comparison, thanks for sharing that... we've never been to DL, but based on your comparison I can see how people would like DL better than WDW.

I'm a planner, and like using spreadsheets :) and even I think WDW has become too difficult to get your value's worth without excessive planning. I feel bad for people when I hear they're going to WDW and find out they haven't planned. This could be a growing problem for WDW as people who just book a reservation and "go with the flow" potentially leave thinking it wasn't really worth it. We have friends who "just went" and didn't enjoy themselves.

DL is also the original, with more history, and I hear more attention to detail. I'm told if you like Disney history then a visit to DL is a must.

Even when it reopens its only Disneyland . How many times can you go there when DW is so much bigger and better. Just my point of view I guess
I used to feel the same! Then due to work I was sent often out to Irvine, CA, so bought myself an AP so I could go when I was out there, and then started bringing the family twice a year for trips.

Don’t get me wrong - WDW is my first love. But DL has several things unique to it, and as another mentioned, the MaxPass is better than FastPass, the weather is pretty much just nice year round, VGC has a private entrance to CA, and there really is something to be said about how small it is. While I hate being able to hear city sounds from within the park - breaks that escapism illusion!! - sometimes I’ve really appreciated how close everything is in DL and how easy it is to hit all my favorite rides without having to jump between 4 parks. Maybe this is just me getting older, but I love being able to walk to everything.

I used to feel the same! Then due to work I was sent often out to Irvine, CA, so bought myself an AP so I could go when I was out there, and then started bringing the family twice a year for trips.

Don’t get me wrong - WDW is my first love. But DL has several things unique to it, and as another mentioned, the MaxPass is better than FastPass, the weather is pretty much just nice year round, VGC has a private entrance to CA, and there really is something to be said about how small it is. While I hate being able to hear city sounds from within the park - breaks that escapism illusion!! - sometimes I’ve really appreciated how close everything is in DL and how easy it is to hit all my favorite rides without having to jump between 4 parks. Maybe this is just me getting older, but I love being able to walk to everything.
💯 to all of this. Disneyland is superior in most aspects to WDW, ESPECIALLY to small children, parents of small children, and anyone who has aged (or in my case weighted) out of enjoying 6 miles of walking a day. I also find Disneyland to be considerably less expensive, even coming from the East Coast. Hotel and food are both meaningfully cheaper since there’s no incentive to stay or dine on site.

But WDW is also great!

💯 to all of this. Disneyland is superior in most aspects to WDW, ESPECIALLY to small children, parents of small children, and anyone who has aged (or in my case weighted) out of enjoying 6 miles of walking a day. I also find Disneyland to be considerably less expensive, even coming from the East Coast. Hotel and food are both meaningfully cheaper since there’s no incentive to stay or dine on site.

But WDW is also great!
Right?? Having Star Wars in the same park as Magic Kingdom is just fantastic. It’s so easy to get back to the hotel at the end of the day or the middle of the day or when everyone just needs a break. After having spent so much time at DL, I confess that when I went back to WDW for the first time, I did have a bit of that “whhhyyyy is everything so far apart” whine when I hit my limit late in the day. ;-)

that said, WDW is amazing and offers so much more than DL can. It’s a true escape where the city isn’t encroaching on you. And our WDW trips tend to be longer and more relaxing, usually because DL is a long weekend trip we often combine with a trip to get out and see other things in California.

Ooooooo - this has turned into a which is better? DL of course. :teeth:
(and I love WDW too)

I’m a born and raised Floridian and I like DL better. That’s why we both a small 80pt VGC dvc contract because we venture out there every two years. We love that they have more rides in the two parks than all of WDW (this might have changed haven’t compared in the last couple years). It just has something special about it and it’s so nice that you can easily walk to everything. When I describe DL to my Florida friends I compare it to UO resort where the two parks are connected with Downtown Disney.

We still go to WDW all the time and love it too but Disneyland has our hearts. We rescheduled our june 2020 DL trip to June 2021 with our VGC points. I’m hesitant to book flights until closer to the trip with the status of CA right now.

I remember Tony Baxter summarizing the difference on one of those Travel Channel infomercials from the early '00s. Something like Disneyland is charming, while Walt Disney World is stunning. On the surface they may seem comparable, but I'm not sure that they are.

We are on the west coast and still prefer to do a WDW trip over a DL trip. The main reason is that we like to get away for 3 weeks at a time and while I can easily spend 3 weeks at WDW, I can't at DL.
Totally agree. Coming from the Midwest and going to DL is maybe 3 days and you still are repeating most everything. Going to WDW there is so much to do, typical trip is 8 days and there are still things that could not be fit in. That is the advantage of having so much land that Disney can offer so many more alternatives (not just the major parks but also the water parks, stables for horseback riding, golf, etc.)

I'm interested to see if there will actually be any effect from today's magical express news. A number of people have said they will sell because of it, or not buy. I am actually in the latter group. We'll see in a few days but as of right now I don't want to buy the 2nd contract I have been trying to get. I am going to guess it will be minimal enough that it won't affect anything but maybe it will.

Prices might be heading down, luckily I bought in 2016/2017 and can get my money back.

Really upset about this change, most "Unmagical News" lately...... didn't mind missing our trip last year, but now......

I'm interested to see if there will actually be any effect from today's magical express news. A number of people have said they will sell because of it, or not buy. I am actually in the latter group. We'll see in a few days but as of right now I don't want to buy the 2nd contract I have been trying to get. I am going to guess it will be minimal enough that it won't affect anything but maybe it will.
Having to rent a car definitely adds to the cost calculation for DVC. It, also, adds to the fear of what they could take away in the future.

I am also putting the brakes on our 2nd contract. Our next trip isn’t until 2022 (we just got back) so no more ME for us. We’ll see how things pan out but I am extremely unhappy with the direction Disney is heading. The magic is slowly disappearing. Not sure I want to invest my vacation dollars here.

I am also putting the brakes on our 2nd contract. Our next trip isn’t until 2022 (we just got back) so no more ME for us. We’ll see how things pan out but I am extremely unhappy with the direction Disney is heading. The magic is slowly disappearing. Not sure I want to invest my vacation dollars here.
I agree, its not just about one thing. Its they are cutting all of the differences that Disney used to have compared to non Disney resorts. I can understand changes, certain cost cuts etc, especially right now but doing things like this just say to me, "what is the point staying on property anymore?" Plus this one is a gigantic difference for our family.

Over the last few years I usually sent down my senior mother and my special needs daughter and her wheel chair down for a few days every 2-3 months and didn't worry about it because I got them to the airport and disney got them back and forth, so there was no worries, no issues of my mother driving, getting lost, dealing with the luggage and my daughter's chair, etc. etc. I remember when the kids younger what a nightmare it was even with my wife, myself and my mother to carry all the luggage and look after the kids, the Magical Express made such a difference that we always stayed on property so I would think they will lose a lot of young families.

I agree, its not just about one thing. Its they are cutting all of the differences that Disney used to have compared to non Disney resorts. I can understand changes, certain cost cuts etc, especially right now but doing things like this just say to me, "what is the point staying on property anymore?" Plus this one is a gigantic difference for our family.

Over the last few years I usually sent down my senior mother and my special needs daughter and her wheel chair down for a few days every 2-3 months and didn't worry about it because I got them to the airport and disney got them back and forth, so there was no worries, no issues of my mother driving, getting lost, dealing with the luggage and my daughter's chair, etc. etc. I remember when the kids younger what a nightmare it was even with my wife, myself and my mother to carry all the luggage and look after the kids, the Magical Express made such a difference that we always stayed on property so I would think they will lose a lot of young families.

I too understand having to make cuts. But they have lost sight of what their guests value the most. The ME and luggage service was more than “just a bus.” It began the Disney bubble for us. To arrive at MCO to be whisked away to the resort where our baggage would arrive soon after, and then on the way home to have baggage check in at the resort...those things made Disney stand out. It felt magical and special. Same with free magic bands sent ahead to begin the excitement. I felt cared about and I felt Disney knew my needs even before I did. I am sad that those feelings may be gone forever. I am so incredibly sad.

Over the last few years I usually sent down my senior mother and my special needs daughter and her wheel chair down for a few days every 2-3 months and didn't worry about it because I got them to the airport and disney got them back and forth, so there was no worries, no issues of my mother driving, getting lost, dealing with the luggage and my daughter's chair, etc. etc.

This is a really big loss for the disabled, one that I can't see any way to pay a little more to overcome. DVC owners with disabilities are going to have to make tough decisions. There are plenty of people who would have PAID for Magical Express, if it was such a financial loser.

I doubt this will have any impact on pricing. People spending 10's of thousands on a timeshare, plus the annual dues, aren't going to suddenly abandon ship in large numbers over the cost of an Uber or rental car. There will be outrage and threats like every other time Disney makes a cost cutting decision, and then it blows over and the demand remains.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter