Where can I find a GOOD gingerbread cookie?

The gingerbread buttercream sandwich cookie at Karamell-Kuche is amazing.
100% agree with this. I'm SO disappointed that Disney made this a holiday exclusive. It used to be sold year round - had one in May and it was delicious. They're also big enough to share.

100% agree with this. I'm SO disappointed that Disney made this a holiday exclusive. It used to be sold year round - had one in May and it was delicious. They're also big enough to share.
I didn't realize that! I thought it was the reverse - they they used to be seasonal and were now year round. I would gladly eat one or more every trip if they were available.

I didn't realize that! I thought it was the reverse - they they used to be seasonal and were now year round. I would gladly eat one or more every trip if they were available.
It started out like that, I believe. Then they decided to make it year round. I think around June or July, Disney reversed that decision and made the cookie only available around Christmastime. It's one of my favorite WDW snacks and would be very willing to buy one every time I go to Epcot.

Last edited:
I will have to make a stop there just for this! Do you know if it's seasonal?

And why can't left coast and right coast just share recipes????????
I imagine it's just through the holidays! Le Petit cafe is wonderful, the Joffrey's iced lattes in the parks tasted all wrong to me but at Le Petit it tasted just like I remembered! The Peppermint mousse Santa hat is also to die for, don't miss it!

When we had the dining plan, we'd use most of our snack credits for large bags of caramel popcorn from Karamell Kuche. One trip, we took home TEN of those, a few for gifts but the rest for us. Yeah, it got stale by the time we worked our way to the last ones, but ask us if we cared.

That is The Best caramel corn anywhere.
I buy 2 at the end of every trip, and put each one in a ziploc bag as soon as I buy it... one is usually eaten on the trip home, or soon thereafter. The other I've forgotten about for more than a month a couple of times. Once pulled out of the ziploc, it's just as crunchy and good as it was the day I bought it.

The gingerbread buttercream sounds delicious - too bad we're not usually there during the holidays!

Jello Pudding Has a great cookie recipe to introduce the flavor to children. I’ll have to search for it but I’m pretty sure it used butterscotch pudding mix.
I loved to make this recipe using the small size cookie shape for the tiny gingerbread people. It took a long time to cut them out and bake tiny cookies. But worth the effort for young children.

It's pretty basic. I have a whole Christmas cookie cookbook and have tried all 3 of the recipes for ginger cut-outs, this is my favorite; the other ones have orange juice and buttermilk. Some of my family likes soft and some like crispy, so I vary the thickness and baking time a bit for them. They do get harder with time it seems.

1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 3/4 cup molasses, 1 egg. cream butter & sugar, add molasses & egg.

2.75 cups flour, 1/2 t salt, 1/2 t baking soda, 1 t ginger, 1/2 t cinnamon, 1/2 t cloves (mix together & add)

then add 1 t hot water, 1 t vinegar, mix well, chill at least 2 hr. cut 1/4 in thick, bake 350 for 15 minutes (or a bit less) We decorate with icing
Thanks!! I’ll give this one a try this year!

These are the best! Brought 6 back to midwest from our last visit. Daughter surprised me with a dozen for last Christmas. Having them fresh is best but savoring them throughout the year is a nice treat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221203-161532_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20221203-161532_Disney World.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 10
The Target Store has Gingerbread Kit Kats.
I just bought a bag and actually thought they were good. !
I admit I like Kit Kats a lot.

The gingerbread at Disneyland is very soft and not dry at all. It has a sort of glaze on it that seems to keep it from drying out. They are just delish! WDW, please ask DL to share that recipe with you!!!::yes::
::yes::::yes::

The gingerbread at Disneyland is very soft and not dry at all. It has a sort of glaze on it that seems to keep it from drying out. They are just delish! WDW, please ask DL to share that recipe with you!!!::yes::
::yes::::yes::
I find the generic (in all of the bakery style shops) gingerbread at Universal to also be quite tasty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter