• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where can I find a GOOD gingerbread cookie?

goin' again

Earning My Ears
Long time DL APholder that recently moved to FL. The gingerbread Mickeys in DL were absolutely delicious! I can't find anything close to that in WDW. I've tried GF, Beach Club and Boardwalk. They're all so dry. Have I missed the perfect gingerbread cookie? Where is it hiding??? Help me out
TIA
:flower:

Those places along with the Contemporary are the only ones I know of that sell gingerbread.

Yeah, I agree they're dry. The gluten-free ones are pretty awful, too.

I’m looking forward to trying the “gingiraffe” cookie at AKL. It has some filling so maybe it won’t taste like an actual shingle like the ones from GF and Beach Club 😂😂😂

My absolute favorite is the Ginger Newt from the Wizarding World over at Universal... definitely better than anything I've had at Disney. Though I'm also looking forward to trying the Gingeraffe when we get to ALK next week (next week!!!! :hyper:)

My absolute favorite is the Ginger Newt from the Wizarding World over at Universal... definitely better than anything I've had at Disney. Though I'm also looking forward to trying the Gingeraffe when we get to ALK next week (next week!!!! :hyper:)
The ginger newt is pretty good. It can’t hold a candle to karamel kuche though.

Before Covid, they had a good gingerbread cookie at the Xmas party. It was moist and spicy. I was surprised. Avoid the hotel gingerbread; it taste like roof tiles🤣

Before Covid, they had a good gingerbread cookie at the Xmas party. It was moist and spicy. I was surprised. Avoid the hotel gingerbread; it taste like roof tiles🤣
Have never tried the ginger newt, will be there in a week to try. I was SO disappointed in the gingerbread I got at GF years ago, have to remember to try Karamel Kuche on my Epcot day. I do make a pretty good gingerbread cookie at home, less motivation as no more kids living here though. :(

I've yet to try the Karamel Kuche one (actually, I've yet to actually buy anything from there on any of my previous visits... apparently I've been missing out!). Thanks for the tip on the hotel ones. I'll plan to just look at the displays and avoid the roof tiles :D

I’m looking forward to trying the “gingiraffe” cookie at AKL. It has some filling so maybe it won’t taste like an actual shingle like the ones from GF and Beach Club 😂😂😂
I'll have to give that one a try...I am partial to ginger!

I've yet to try the Karamel Kuche one (actually, I've yet to actually buy anything from there on any of my previous visits... apparently I've been missing out!).
Seriously! It even smells delicious when you walk near the place. I swear the building has a fan system to disperse that aroma outside!

When we had the dining plan, we'd use most of our snack credits for large bags of caramel popcorn from Karamell Kuche. One trip, we took home TEN of those, a few for gifts but the rest for us. Yeah, it got stale by the time we worked our way to the last ones, but ask us if we cared.

That is The Best caramel corn anywhere.

I enjoyed the Riviera gingerbread cookie at Le Petit Cafe! It does taste a bit more like chocolate than gingerbread though :laughing: It's got an almost marshmallow-like texture, a bit spongy and chewy. Maybe a bit less spicy than some, but still the hint of ginger. I don't think anything at WDW quite compares to the DL Mickey.

Attachments

• IMG_2572.JPG
    IMG_2572.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2573.JPG
    IMG_2573.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 12
Have never tried the ginger newt, will be there in a week to try. I was SO disappointed in the gingerbread I got at GF years ago, have to remember to try Karamel Kuche on my Epcot day. I do make a pretty good gingerbread cookie at home, less motivation as no more kids living here though. :(
Ooh want to share your recipe? The one I have is a little crispier than I like. I’m open to trying a new one this year!

Seriously! It even smells delicious when you walk near the place. I swear the building has a fan system to disperse that aroma outside!

When we had the dining plan, we'd use most of our snack credits for large bags of caramel popcorn from Karamell Kuche. One trip, we took home TEN of those, a few for gifts but the rest for us. Yeah, it got stale by the time we worked our way to the last ones, but ask us if we cared.

That is The Best caramel corn anywhere.
we throw our stale popcorn in the toaster oven/air fryer and it gets all crunchy again. YUM!

I enjoyed the Riviera gingerbread cookie at Le Petit Cafe! It does taste a bit more like chocolate than gingerbread though :laughing: It's got an almost marshmallow-like texture, a bit spongy and chewy. Maybe a bit less spicy than some, but still the hint of ginger. I don't think anything at WDW quite compares to the DL Mickey.
I will have to make a stop there just for this! Do you know if it's seasonal?

And why can't left coast and right coast just share recipes????????

Ooh want to share your recipe? The one I have is a little crispier than I like. I’m open to trying a new one this year!
It's pretty basic. I have a whole Christmas cookie cookbook and have tried all 3 of the recipes for ginger cut-outs, this is my favorite; the other ones have orange juice and buttermilk. Some of my family likes soft and some like crispy, so I vary the thickness and baking time a bit for them. They do get harder with time it seems.

1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 3/4 cup molasses, 1 egg. cream butter & sugar, add molasses & egg.

2.75 cups flour, 1/2 t salt, 1/2 t baking soda, 1 t ginger, 1/2 t cinnamon, 1/2 t cloves (mix together & add)

then add 1 t hot water, 1 t vinegar, mix well, chill at least 2 hr. cut 1/4 in thick, bake 350 for 15 minutes (or a bit less) We decorate with icing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter