Where are the August 2018 Folks? August TR thread.

Originally DW wanted raccoon lane, but we couldn't remember the loop number and neither could the CM. We thought it was the 900 loop. Obviously, it was not. Raccoon lane is the 1000 loop. Anyway the 900 loop is nice. We had no issues yet. And you are right about the CS, bus stop, meadows, etc.... that's part of what we like about the 1000 loop (which is right next door).

New truck is a champ so far. Very pleased with it.

Now we are spending a short day at epcot. Getting ready to leave here and go to the pool. Although, I did have a new experience today that I never had before. I tried "Beverly" as a beverage. Let's just say, that it must be experienced to be appreciates.

Ah, Beverly, yes it is an experience. Probably one of my favorites spots in Epcot.

The Beverly Yes Lucille says if I ever even think about trying to get her to do that again I will be a bloody stain on where ever I am. In 2011 on her first trip she had no idea about it ( Despite my pleadings she read my Birnbaum and Passporter guide books) and I told her she had to try it as it was TRUELY unique. She was not amused. Later at Via Napoli she deliberately told our server not to bring her that beverage he said he was from Italy and they don't drink that Fecal Matter

Years ago when my kids were young and stupid...…...they decided that the DW and I needed to be introduced to Beverly. To this day I still shudder when we walk by Club Cool.:crazy2: Even now with my kids being older and somewhat wiser, they still giggle when we walk by.

@FtW Mike
I told her she had to try it as it was TRUELY unique
That is a fairly accurate description of the experience known as Beverly.

Steve

Our experience with Beverly..

DD20 made comment (although I don't know how she heard about it) that we should try it. So when we went in to Club Cool, we kind of went our separate ways. Ironically, at the first machine I encountered, it had Beverly. I even read the description (albeit not completely) and read that it was bitter. Okay, I'll give it a shot. :crazy2: 'nuff said.

Went over to DW who was putting in her new Mickey ear rings. I set the cup down. Asked where DD13 was and got a response of "somewhere over there". DW asked what the drink was and I told her it was "Beverly." As she asked what that was, she was picking it up to take a drink and before I could tell her, she took a sip:rotfl2:.

I could barely breathe or talk for 5 minutes. She was NOT amused. (Oh, but I was)

When we found dd13 she was with dd20. I gave it to dd13 and dd20 wws ready with camera, only to be disappointed yes. DD13, while she didn't care for it, it didn't bother her. We made her try it again. Still nothing. A third time she took more than a sip. Yup, no reaction.... who new? Still DW reaction is a memory that will last.

Did some looping last night. Located Snowmedic's site. Finally got to meet another Disboarder in person.vince and his wife Nocole were very nice people and we had a wonderful chat before I had to head back to my DW ( who was feeling a bit under the weather).

Hope I get a chance to make many more meet and greets and get a chance to sit down l 8i nger next time.

Any way, it was great to meet @snowmedic and the misses.

So Fishlips, huh? We have a week for spring break reserved over at Jetty Park campground next year and so I am taking note of which restaurants you patronize in the area, etc. You get over there it sounds like every time you are at WDW. Did you live over there in a past life? Any recommendations you can throw my way dining wise relative to Jetty would be appreciated.

As a matter of fact we use to live in Melbourne for a year back in 2002.

Fishlips is a short (4 min.) approximately, drive from Jetty Park. It is over in The Cove which I believe is the 2 nd light, there is sign you will see it, then it is down at the water. We like to sit upstairs and outside to watch the boats go by.
DW had the scallop risotto

A8C84A8E-C5EE-421E-A710-1EB893F9C570.jpeg
With lobster bisque, pic not included.
I had the grilled Mahi tacos

D51D70B6-717D-4C1C-9365-FA2759F26C8D.jpeg

Through in two adult drinks and tip and your just under 80.00

Not sure if you Know but the Canaveral locks are in that same area also, if your interested, it is neat to see how it works, like I said the water was dirty so couldn’t see any marine animals.

Yesterday was a relaxing day. We started out by going up to the pool and hot tub. Then we came back to camp around noon, had some lunch then headed down to the docks to catch the small boat over to The Lodge.

24904CDD-840C-4A88-84E7-97160D77C155.jpeg

9F0220D9-AD32-4E2E-B829-37858BC5C088.jpeg

While there it started to rain, so instead of getting soaked waiting on the boat back to the Fort we walked under the covered walkway to the bus stop. Gone on the bus there and stayed on till the 1500 loop, walked to camp in a lite rain, grabbed the umbrella to go to The Springs, and it stopped raining . Once there we stopped at some of the penny press machines, DD gave use some of her change so she could put them in her book when we got back home, then to have dinner at Ghirrideli’s. It was more of a treat but we were so full we couldn’t have dinner.

When we got back to camp I started to go out looping when DW called and asked where I was, she said “ the man from 928 is here, so I headed back to camp and that is where I met @peg110, Paul. We had a nice talk for a couple of minutes, then he had to head back. Hoping to meet up with him again befor we head out on Friday.

Finally got DW the wagon she has been wanting to run laundry up to the comfort stations. Couldn’t remember the prices we paid for the laundry machines back in January, but they are 3.00 for wash and dry each.

@tiggerdad, your squirrels at the Fort are looking a little malnourished, keep asking me when the guy with the bag of corn is going to show up again. :rotfl2:
Yeah, I saw one over at the pool yesterday kind of desperate for a drink. He must have been on a mission though, because every time I tried to launch my camera app, he went running.

I also thought of @bama_ed as I saw several crimson tide tents up. I know Florida and Alabama are close, but cant we see some more Penn State?:confused3

@tiggerdad, your squirrels at the Fort are looking a little malnourished, keep asking me when the guy with the bag of corn is going to show up again. :rotfl2:

They trim down this time of year. Preparing for Halloween when they'll really put on the calories.

Liking the pics so far :thumbsup2

Yesterday evenings activities included a requisite Trails end dinner. Other than being busy the only real noteworthy event was seeing this gem

20180813_194039-490x1008.jpg

This was the dessert the girl at the table had. Not seeing it anywhere on the buffet, we figured they were ordering off a menu. We, of course were wrong. This beauty is the non-alergenic desert. The family was, kind enough to allow me a picture. Kind of wish I had the non-allergenic desert. :D

Well peg110 be glad you are down there enjoying the sun. The last two days have been torrential downpours, river is rising, Benton flooded, rt 11 was closed in Bloomsburg. It has been crazy, water rescues, etc.

For all you Musket Mickey fans, this gentleman cam in today to site 1645, the last outside site in the loop. I talked with him and his DW, and he made these signs him self. First the regular sign that we all see while at the Fort.

96883AE2-2ACE-4333-AC7C-3EEB87CE3157.jpeg

The this 3 foot diameter sign. Talking with him he says it is just like the one that they use to have out by the road years ago.

623D7B7A-BA3B-46B5-8173-84327CADA3F2.jpeg

For all you Musket Mickey fans, this gentleman cam in today to site 1645, the last outside site in the loop. I talked with him and his DW, and he made these signs him self. First the regular sign that we all see while at the Fort.

View attachment 343840

The this 3 foot diameter sign. Talking with him he says it is just like the one that they use to have out by the road years ago.

View attachment 343841

Shut up and take my money !!!!!:worship:

Our experience with Beverly..

DD20 made comment (although I don't know how she heard about it) that we should try it. So when we went in to Club Cool, we kind of went our separate ways. Ironically, at the first machine I encountered, it had Beverly. I even read the description (albeit not completely) and read that it was a "Bitter" drink. Okay.. I have done bitter before, so it's good enough for me. I was not prepared for this though.

I took the rest of the drink to my DW who was putting in some Mickey earrings. I asked her where our dd13 was, she was with the dd20. So when my DW finished with her earrings, she asked what was in the cup. I told her it was "Beverly". As she then began to pick it up and simultaneously ask me what "Beverly" was, before I could respond, she took that sip.

OMG, I could barely breath for like 5 minutes, i was laughing so hard.:rotfl2:

When I could finally talk, I told her that I was trying to warn her, but she was too quick.

Suffice it to say, she was NOT amused.:mad:

When we found DD13 I gave it to her to try and DD20, was ready with camera in hand. Alas, DD13 had no response. We all thought she didn't actually try it, so we told her to do it again. Still nothing.

Finally she noted the amount in the cup and took a fairly sizable drink and still no reaction. Who knew?:confused3

It was still an interesting moment overall, although I dont think my wife will trust my drinks for awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!