When to book?

Suzabelle

Mouseketeer
Thinking of cruising the 4 day Wonder November 2006. When is the best time to book the cruise? Do you get better deals farther out or closer to? Looking at the category 8 staterooms. Do these go fast, any room numbers better than the other? Better decks?

Thanks, will probably have many more questions.

Suzanne :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Book as soon as possible. The best deals are usually in advance, unless the cruise doesn't book full and you are one of the special categories that will get offered discounts (Disney CM, Florida Resident are usually the first, they seldom will need to offer discounts beyond that).

There are only 60 category 8 staterooms on board, more than Navigators verandas, but I'd book early. They are all (if I'm reading the passporter right) forward. If you have kids, you might want to try for deck 5 (same deck as the lab/club. Deck 6 will give you a deck between yourselves and the Walt Disney Theatre (rooms don't tend to be noisy, but I might do this anyway. Deck 7 closer to the pool.

Forward tends to hold the adult areas - the clubs, spa and adult pool are all forward. Restaurants and the Mickey Pool are aft.

I wouldn't hesitate to go for a room close to the elevators. We ended up there with little choice and I was worried about the noise (aft elevators in our case). We booked it again because I found the hallways tight and the stairs/elevators pretty quiet.

I would also recommend booking as far out as possible. First off rates are generally cheaper the farther out you book. Rates continue to increase as the sailing date approaches. You MIGHT be able to snag a cheap rate right before sailing (less than 60 days) but will have limited or no choice in cabins at that time.

Booking farther out will also give you the best options for available stateroom choices.

Plus, you will have longer to pay the cruise off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter