When should we tell them?

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
We are a month away from our surprise disney trip for DDs birthday and they have NO idea! I am so excited, and its been so tough for me to not tell. I had planned on telling her the night before, but DH said we should do it earlier, because DD is one who likes to prepare for things ahead of time. Also, now that school started and soccer started we have schedules and things going on, and we have to plan DDs birthday party which obviously won't be her birthday weekend. All this is making me just want to tell them now! On the other hand, I want to wait as long as possible and really surprise them. They're 5 and 3 so the 3 yr old won't really "get it" until we say we're leaving really soon anyway, but the 5 yr old will. What do think? Should I tell soon?

If you know your 5yo is a planner, I would tell them. That way she can prepare to miss school/soccer and plan the birthday party accordingly. The anticipation is 1/2 the fun of the trip anyway!!!!

Maybe you can bring out a pile of craft supplies and make a Countdown to Mickey chain or calendar. Or do a little scavenger hunt. Or make up an invitation on your computer w/Disney fonts and clip-art and mail it to your girls, from Mickey or the princesses inviting them down!

You can also watch the planning video and Disney movies and Disney Sing-a-Longs to help the 3yo prepare .... and for the sheer fun of it!

Keep us posted on what you end up doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!